They're Dropping Like Flies!

~~THE BELOW IS NOT FOR KIDS WHO LOVE CHADDY~~

Another member of the Latics team is to depart Boundary Park, as Wayne, who has been Chaddy The Owl for five years, has decided to call it a day as our winged hero and I for one would like to thank him for his efforts.

In his time as Chaddy he's won countless accolades which have always painted the club in a great light; not only with Latics fans but also the general public, club sponsors and most important of all the kids.

He's had a few scrapes along the way, most notably breaking his ankle away at Carlisle whilst playing on a BMX.

It was a pleasure to work with you Wayne, all the best for a future without feathers!

Cheers!

Chaddy_1383202a.jpg

Link to Telegraph article about the incident.

I never knew the other Chaddy, and I have never met Wayne, but he has my eternal gratitiude for his reaction to a minor problem of getting a toy chaddy by going the extra 10 miles doing a poster and other things as an extra

Top fella, and he will lbe missed, hard boots to fill.

Wayne.

Thank you personally for the house appearance ... and on behalf of Oldham Carnival for your support throughout the years and I hope you will still be nipping by later tonight .. with one last fling for a chubbier slightly more handsome owl fro the Hollinwood Carnival.

Good Owl ... great guy ... not bad at tennis either!!! :grin:

Don't think I'll be letting my ten year old know this news. Looked in at her on the way to bed last night and the furry fella's beak was sticking out from under the duvet ( the stuffed toy version not the original)

Agree with everything that has been said, Chaddy was the best thing at latics for her both at the games and at the BB do's and a lot of that is down to Wayne.

Well done and thanks

On behalf of myself, there have been many times when your antics at BP :jester: were the only thing stopping me from losing the Faith. :applause1:

You're a hard act to follow. :first:

Good luck for the future.

I would echo this, especially when I was watching the game on two crutches from just behind the disabled section in the Chaddy.

He's about an inch above you :)

Yeah well spotted, do you think it was possible for him to reply in the time I was composing mine?

That's the second time today you've been beyond sarcastic towards me- you have warned me for less. (IMHO)

I've turned oneof his many illegitimate sons away from the screen so that he doesn't see the news over my shoulder

Thanks for your time, effort, energy and dedication given to the many young Latics fans Wayne. I think you did a sterling job, and I am not sure that I'd be prepared to give up so much of my own time as you did to give much joy to many other people's kids.

Kevin was a bit better though :wink:

Thanks for your time, effort, energy and dedication given to the many young Latics fans Wayne. I think you did a sterling job, and I am not sure that I'd be prepared to give up so much of my own time as you did to give much joy to many other people's kids.

Kevin was a bit better though :wink:

Certainly had more of a turn of pace to him. And made it to about 8th owl standing (while disguised as a human)

I have decided not to tell my nephews the news.....too much for them as well as getting a season ticket for punishiment this season

I hope the top brass take the role seriously and recruit someone who can, compete at the mascot olympics, play footy in all the gear, antagonised the away fans/players to a high standard.

Tough talons to replace

Thanks Wayne........

I have decided not to tell my nephews the news.....too much for them as well as getting a season ticket for punishiment this season

I hope the top brass take the role seriously and recruit someone who can, compete at the mascot olympics, play footy in all the gear, antagonised the away fans/players to a high standard.

Tough talons to replace

Thanks Wayne........

And ride a bicycle?... :wink: