Oldham v Burnley Match/Postmatch Thread - MERGE O MATIC ACTIVE

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Result means nothing, all about the performance and getting fitness up....we shouldn't be negative about this result

+1

Obviously, I wasn't there, but with this 2nd half line up, holding them for 82 minutes is pretty good, I reckon. Not exactly you're starting XI is it?

Second-half team (4-4-2): Fleming; Oyebanjo, Fodor, Jarrett, Lomax; Alessandra, Worthington, Furman, Highdale (Brooke 85); Eaves, Brooke (Lee 80)

Just back and for what it's worth not a bad performance by Latics.

The incident with Brooke was complete nonsense from where I was sat. Came in at the side and took the ball and man. Was a free kick but then their number got up and started pushing banging heads with Brooke. Absolutely ridiculous that he had to go off.

Keepers had a decent half each, Brill saved a pen and looked pretty solid with eveything else. Fleming made a fantastic save and again looked pretty solid.

Stephens was the stand out player in the first half making the goal. Allessandra, Furman, Brooke and Eaves looked bright in the second.

Edited by watty123

I think that was a good performance indeed. We held the ball well at times, didnt panic and at times looked solid. Scoreline didnt really reflect our performance. Happy with the performance on the hole.

Are you sure you were at BP and not getting up to naughties?

All the current players looked sharp. In the second half, Eaves, Lomax, Furman, Lewis and Brooks all played pretty well. Out of the trialists Peter Jones and Jarrett played well but the rest were pretty crap especially that Highdale. Flemming wasnt at fault for either goal and that save he pulled off was fantastic

Edited by daniel8157

All the current players looked sharp. In the second half, Eaves, Lomax, Furman, Lewis and Brooks all played pretty well. Out of the trialists Peter Jones and Jarrett played well but the rest were pretty crap especially that Highdale. Flemming wasnt at fault for either goal and that save he pulled off was fantastic

didnt he score a decent goal on saturday though?

the main difference between to 2 latics teams tonight was Stephens and jones in midfield first half kept the ball flowing and looked to get us going forward.

furman and worthy slowed the game down to much when we had the ball

but plenty of positives to be taken

Anyone got any idea where Peter Jones came from? I don't think I've heard of him.

I couldn't find him on Google but he looked awfully familiar.

I'm not bothered about the scoreline. We held our own against a side with better players and everyone looked really up for it.

I was a little surprised at how quiet Dickov was on the sidelines but there again, maybe he wanted to see how self-motivated the players were.

Trialists - jones was very good. Worked hard, didn't panic on the ball. Good finish. Well worth another look.

Centre half in the first half. Thought he was quite good.

Number 15 in the 2nd half. Sorry, way way out of his depth. I felt sorry for him at one point. Heard kelvin call him either "john" or "sean"

How about Ritchie Jones? Does he look a decent signing? Difficult to judge on 45 mins, I know.

Liked the look of him, went a bit quiet towards the end of the half but I think it was just getting that match fitness. Great feet, I think it will be him and Stephens starting in CM at the begining of the season.

Edited by daniel8157

the main difference between to 2 latics teams tonight was Stephens and jones in midfield first half kept the ball flowing and looked to get us going forward.

furman and worthy slowed the game down to much when we had the ball

but plenty of positives to be taken

Thought Furman looked pretty decent Worthy was ok nothing more, can only see him as backup this season. I think Stephens, Jones, Furman and possibly Purdie will be ahead in the pecking order.

Who was the centre half who partnered Rybes in the first half? Looked a decent player and that bit of skill that took him past the two Burnley players was class.

Yeah, he didnt really have much to deal with but looked decent, I would give him, Jones and Jarrett another game or two.

Feeney his wife and kids we're all sat at the back of the main stand at tonights game B) .

Not sure if that means anything, but there you are :gossip: .

Definately him you can't mistake him at all.

Also Vincent Kompany was sat in the main stand near the directors box.

Ian G.