Has Feeney Done A Moore?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think all those slagging the club off over this will look pretty stupid and pathetic when its officially anounced tomorrow :tongue1:

Well, no not really. There is still potential for the Feeney move to fall through, like it did with Moore, and you'd think they would have learnt from last time.

It's a fairly school-boy error to count your chickens, yet the club have done it.....again!!

Well, no not really. There is still potential for the Feeney move to fall through, like it did with Moore, and you'd think they would have learnt from last time.

It's a fairly school-boy error to count your chickens, yet the club have done it.....again!!

What, exactly, have the club done wrong?

Feeney, himself, has given an interview to the BBC Sport website expressing a desire to join Latics, reportedly on a two-year contract.

"I have spoken to other clubs, but after I talked to Paul and Gerry (Taggart), there was only one winner. I want to play my football here,"

You can't get more positive than that...and it's not as if the prospect wasn't out in the open anyway.

In my opinion, the club posting an article that says it will keep the fans informed if the signing is successful, is not a mistake and they did not sound as if they were taking it for granted.

Dickov - "I am not going to lie and we have spoken to Warren and he is keen to come, but we are up against competition from other clubs.

The club can't win...damned if they do, damned if they don't.

We either put up with the 'cloak and dagger' or we are prepared to be disappointed if a prospective move we are informed of falls flat.

I don't think those of you who are saying the club shouldn't have announced they were in for Feeney are being very fair on the club.

The BBC (supposedly the most reliable news source in the UK) reported yesterday and quoted Feeney (not the club) as saying he was going to sign for us.

It has also been reported through the day in other media sources that he has signed.

If the official site sits back and says nothing until all is done - they will get slagged off for not keeping us up to date and now they get slagged off for reporting " yes we are interested but so are other clubs and we will keep you posted" and then " we're expecting a decision today"

damned if they do/damned if they don't.

What I do agree with this it is typical Latics!!! Also I agree probably is agent trying to squeeze a bit more from us.

I don't think those of you who are saying the club shouldn't have announced they were in for Feeney are being very fair on the club.

The BBC (supposedly the most reliable news source in the UK) reported yesterday and quoted Feeney (not the club) as saying he was going to sign for us.

It has also been reported through the day in other media sources that he has signed.

If the official site sits back and says nothing until all is done - they will get slagged off for not keeping us up to date and now they get slagged off for reporting " yes we are interested but so are other clubs and we will keep you posted" and then " we're expecting a decision today"

damned if they do/damned if they don't.

What I do agree with this it is typical Latics!!! Also I agree probably is agent trying to squeeze a bit more from us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Feeney Its ok see the rarely wrong Wikipedia :blink:

To be fair to the club, on this occasion there were Feeney rumours in the Chron yesterday, followed by Feeney giving a statement to the BBC saying we were the club he wanted to play for as PD & GT had sold the club to him, then he's at the match last night with his family.

If the club hadn't have said anything about it they would have been criticised for 'not just telling people' when it is obvious to anyone with even half an eye that he's almost nailed on a Latics player.

Relax, it will go through when it goes through, what's to say he hasn't signed & we are just waiting for the FA to confirm the registration.

If it doesn't, oh well, :censored: happens, look for someone else.