Latics after Citeh defender.

So far impressed Mr Dickov... Keep it up...

Its a real shame all this is happening in the shadow of possible death :(

I can appreciate the concerns, but we have to keep some hope...otherwise BP will become even more of a morgue, as well as a striker's graveyard.

Can I be the first to point out Dickov (and Taggert) are signing mates and won't drop them even when they deserve it. :wink:

First of all I'm happy with the players Dickov has signed. Second I think Penney was not the man for the job.

But, as you have, playing devils advocate it is quite comical to watch a man "use his connections" to bring in players where last season it was a man "bringing in his mates."

Football, eh? Ain't it a stinker!

First of all I'm happy with the players Dickov has signed. Second I think Penney was not the man for the job.

But, as you have, playing devils advocate it is quite comical to watch a man "use his connections" to bring in players where last season it was a man "bringing in his mates."

Football, eh? Ain't it a stinker!

I understand what your trying to say but DP's "mates" where from league 2, where as PD as so far looking to sign "mates" from championship or Premiership youth/reserves.

got a feeling that was tongue in cheek

Thank you Razza, about 4 posts in I am was thinking, this is going to be a great :whoosh:

Lets be honest, Dickov was chosen becasue of his mates, who as hornblower says, are much higher up the food chain!.

Not getting over excited, but given reports of a 20% budget cut, the epectations were much lower.

I guess that is becasue players salaries will be lower too.

Edited by singe

12 appearances for a successful Championship side last season and 11 for N Ireland,

Neal Eardley played 24 matches for a more successful Championship team and hes been capped more time for his country but our fans didn't like him. So I would not read too much into it.

Without wanting to put a negative spin on this, i thought id have a quick look on a leicester forum (foxestalk) and do a quick search for Mcgivern...

Sounds like he had a right shocker of a loan spell there, they dont have one good word to say about him.

He must have some potential though, coming through City's accademy and playing for his country. Should be good enough for our level.

Without wanting to put a negative spin on this, i thought id have a quick look on a leicester forum (foxestalk) and do a quick search for Mcgivern...

Sounds like he had a right shocker of a loan spell there, they dont have one good word to say about him.

He must have some potential though, coming through City's accademy and playing for his country. Should be good enough for our level.

I'm sure if you did a quick search on OWTB for 'Eardley' you'd infer he had a shocker of a spell here and should be playing in the Conference.

Daft people say daft things.

(foxestalk

what an utterly :censored:e name for a forum... :lol: