Laurent Robert?

oldham if you watching please sign Laurent Robert and he will shoot oldham back to the championship i held high hopes for Laurent Robert who would bring the missing fans back to oldham sorry about the thread if you take it bad but its time oldham took this season real after we are in a mess and need new invester we only get them if we sign experience players thats what i think.

Special needs or not this lad needs reigning in, it's becoming daft now...as is posting details of potential investors - especially if negotiations are delicate and the Chron knobs feck it up again!

Inclusion and equal opportunities are one thing, becoming a nuisance because you have free-license is another...

Special needs or not this lad needs reigning in, it's becoming daft now...as is posting details of potential investors - especially if negotiations are delicate and the Chron knobs feck it up again!

Inclusion and equal opportunities are one thing, becoming a nuisance because you have free-license is another...

+1 so so boring now needs sorting by the mods even blue pizza was bearable but this lad is just looking for a reaction.

oldham if you watching please sign Laurent Robert and he will shoot oldham back to the championship i held high hopes for Laurent Robert who would bring the missing fans back to oldham sorry about the thread if you take it bad but its time oldham took this season real after we are in a mess and need new invester we only get them if we sign experience players thats what i think.

Now, I have bided by the rules recently.

Why dont you just think before you post, your going to get less sympathy when you post your next heart felt plee. Especially when you think that its you against the OWTB members.

Sweet jesus.

And who cares about Jonathan Macken.

Can I just point out that you don't have to read it! Is it some sort of compulsion?

You can point out what you want, I like to read well balanced and posts which have been at least thought through.

If you enjoy this drivel , crack on.

I like the moth analogy there Garcon....

It's not about enjoyment. For example, The Daily Mail is a racist, cancer scaremongering :censored:rag - the drivel on its pages will make me fume. I recognise this. So I don't bother reading it knowing exactly what lies within its hate filled pages.

By the same token we know exactly what and how RA posts, and I suggest if RA's message board entries makes one blow a gasket, I recommend one puts the interwebs down for a bit.

You can point out what you want, I like to read well balanced and posts which have been at least thought through.

If you enjoy this drivel , crack on.

And to be * fair, I only picked up on what he posted because you quoted it in a daft reply.

why not?

I like the moth analogy there Garcon....

It's not about enjoyment. For example, The Daily Mail is a racist, cancer scaremongering :censored:rag - the drivel on its pages will make me fume. I recognise this. So I don't bother reading it knowing exactly what lies within its hate filled pages.

By the same token we know exactly what and how RA posts, and I suggest if RA's message board entries makes one blow a gasket, I recommend one puts the interwebs down for a bit.

Can I just point out that you don't have to read it! Is it some sort of compulsion?

How are we to know from the information available without reading the post that this isn't Royle Army post type 1? He's heard from his source(s) that Laurent Robert is going to be training with the club- we could then all have a sensible discussion about whether he'd be any good, especially considering value for money, what happen's to the left sided players we have etc.

No instead we have to read it to find out this is Royle Army post type 2- where's he's moaning/fishing that we haven't signed someone who played in the Premiership a few years ago, but was never that good and is now a long way into their 30s and probably past it. Forgetting that these players are often hit and miss and the last couple we have had have missed.

If everyone posted like RA post type 2 this board would be in need of immediate life support very quickly, especially in Oct/Nov when the new editions of Champ Man etc come out.

How are we to know from the information available without reading the post that this isn't Royle Army post type 1? He's heard from his source(s) that Laurent Robert is going to be training with the club- we could then all have a sensible discussion about whether he'd be any good, especially considering value for money, what happen's to the left sided players we have etc.

No instead we have to read it to find out this is Royle Army post type 2- where's he's moaning/fishing that we haven't signed someone who played in the Premiership a few years ago, but was never that good and is now a long way into their 30s and probably past it. Forgetting that these players are often hit and miss and the last couple we have had have missed.

If everyone posted like RA post type 2 this board would be in need of immediate life support very quickly, especially in Oct/Nov when the new editions of Champ Man etc come out.

well said.

like he has a split personality

There are some crackers on here, I got it wrong with RA and I apologised to him. It still makes me wrong, but I can see what's right.

Read it how you like :censored:kickers - you will do anyway. Have a good 'un.

relax guys i only mention his name we should be signing players like him but if you dont agree its ok we need to take this season real no slipping up.

We might be able to sign players like him if we were in the top 4-5 for the past couple of seasons and we had the budget to sign these kinda players but were not even close. We would be very lucky to get an ex premiership player who was still any good the way we have been for the past 2 season and with peanuts for a budget.

I think he would be a great signing, we should blow our entire budget on him and the extra 50 he would attract on the gate will easily cover 10% of his wages.

In a tough league were you get kicked a lot he is exactly the type of character you want and he strikes me as a Dickov type of player :shock:

I know he didn't always try hard when he was playing in the premier league but I am sure an away trip to Dagenham and Redbridge can't fail but inspire him, if we could get Faustino Asprilla as well we would be in the premier league in two seasons.

Edited by Horlicks