• Top Half - 7th-12th
    • Bottom Half - 13th-20th
    • Relegation - 21st-24th

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll make the playoffs.

So many first time managers have immediate success before developing bad habits - I think we've got one of them.

I do hope so but my thoughts are that we'll start brightly before injuries and suspensions take their toll.

Lower mid-table for me but without the fear of relegation.

Cutting through the Dickov hype and fan hysteria...Relegation, a real possibility...

(and I've seen the friendlies...they mean cock all folks and have done for many a year!)

However, he'll do enough for us to avoid that fate...settling into 13th-20th...

(unless we have another season of mass injuries and large league programme interruptions)

Anything higher, is a real achievement on all accounts...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Cutting through the Dickov hype and fan hysteria...Relegation, a real possibility...

(and I've seen the friendlies...they mean cock all folks and have done for many a year!)

(unless we have another season of mass injuries and large league programme interruptions)

Completely agree with that. I don't understand why everyone is creaming themselves over a few decent performances in pre-season.............didn't Orient beat Newcastle 6-1 last year?

It says a lot about the way this club has declined over the last 7/8 years that if we were to finish, say, 15th, people would look at it as success.

13th - 20th seems pretty realistic but like you say, a few injuries, and its going to be tough...

That said, I think Dickov is doing well with the budget.... tough times... My only moan is letting Pav go...

On the contary to others' beliefs, we actually have a weaker squad than last year. I'm willing to give Dickov a chance but he's a novice, when the pressure cooker gets turned up, where does he turn? We have no money.

I said 13-20 and I was being fooking kind. :|

The trouble is, it's the ridiculous blind optimism of the apparent majority that will see Dickov under pressure come January (or earlier) when he fails to realise their impossible dreams and they turn on him.

And people wonder why I can't be arsed getting back on the merry-go-round.

Two things:

1. The squad may look weaker than last year on paper, but in practice I expect them to be stronger so long as our manager is up to the task.

2. It is a very young squad but there is some real skill and potential in the side (and maybe more to come). With that inexperience anything can happen. We may have a very good season or we may be frustratingly inconsistent. But I fully expect us to be well clear of relegation by May either way. The enthusiastic talent we have and work ethic alone should be enough to see to that.

Two things:

1. The squad may look weaker than last year on paper, but in practice I expect them to be stronger so long as our manager is up to the task.

2. It is a very young squad but there is some real skill and potential in the side (and maybe more to come). With that inexperience anything can happen. We may have a very good season or we may be frustratingly inconsistent. But I fully expect us to be well clear of relegation by May either way. The enthusiastic talent we have and work ethic alone should be enough to see to that.

When we're on a losing run it'll be interesting to see just how tough these kids and Dickov are.

The trouble is, it's the ridiculous blind optimism of the apparent majority that will see Dickov under pressure come January (or earlier) when he fails to realise their impossible dreams and they turn on him.

And people wonder why I can't be arsed getting back on the merry-go-round.

+1

I have no idea how people think we will be competing for the play offs or better.... :blink:

I don't expect us to reach the top half so I've gone for 13-20th. As far as we know Dickov could be the worst manager we've ever had or he could lead us to glory- were going into an unknown. All we do know is the strengths and weaknesses of the players on our books - hardly promotion material is it. I've not been to any pre season friendlies because they mean naff all and tend to build you with optimism then you get knocked back down to reality on the first game of the season!

I just want to see good attacking football thats good enough to keep us up and a fairly decent cup run to give the club a buzz again. The problems with our upsoming season are the lack of quality in our back up players and the reliability on certain players performing to their best on a regular basis.

I hope I'm wrong but I think it may be a lower table fight again.