bidding war

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone like to guess what 'well in excess' means in hard cash terms?

350k :wink: + add ons mınus 10 percent agent 10 percent player and 5 percent Football League fees - standard for any transfer...(87.5k) so 262.5k

Edited by oafcprozac

More like £300-400k +plus sell ons

I’ve said before that I’d be looking for £400K + add-on’s. If the offer(s) are in that region; then it’ll surely go down to which offer is deemed to be the best one for Tom. The club wont just set him out to dry at just any old club; Dickov has stated that they want to make sure the deal is right for TE & the club. If all the interested clubs are around the same figures; then it’ll come down to which one id the best move for the lad.

Oh, and all the ‘typical latics selling our best players’ lark.....

(a) He isn’t our best player for a start and

(b.) We have always been & will continue to be a selling club. We need a ‘big’ sale every season or so to offset the losses. Recent seasons have seen Spencer, Trotman, Eardley & mini Phili all going for 6 figure fees – I’d say its an obvious situation that we need this to happen to continue to exist as a club......

Edited by slystallone

would like to hear the views of Barry on the eaves saga if poss and what the line of thought from the club is???

Tbh if bazza has any sense his opinion will be sell sell sell!! Brookey is a far better option and I hope wedge looking to keep hold of Stephens too and if that means sacrificing a lot of ifs buts and maybes in Tom eaves then it's a no brained IMO!

Tbh if bazza has any sense his opinion will be sell sell sell!! Brookey is a far better option and I hope wedge looking to keep hold of Stephens too and if that means sacrificing a lot of ifs buts and maybes in Tom eaves then it's a no brained IMO!

well if the chrons correct and he is going to Bolton

then i would take 400k plus add ons and a season long loan back to us with them payiing his wages

we should have an idea after another season if we have got a good deal or not

well if the chrons correct and he is going to Bolton

then i would take 400k plus add ons and a season long loan back to us with them payiing his wages

we should have an idea after another season if we have got a good deal or not

If we loan him or if Bolton play him or loan him tbh that's how we found out Spencer wAs :censored:e!

It’s all about his potential with the lad – nothing he’s done so far (hat-trick included) has shown he a dead-cert to make it at the highest level. What he does have is the sheer physical attributes to suggest that with a hell of a lot of work (from coaches & from TE himself) he might have a chance. That’s what club’s are seeing; not his great 1st team scoring record built up over a season or 2 of starting games – it’s all about Eaves’ potential to be a good player in a few years.

A 6 figure sum for an 18 year striker without a senior goal to his name; with some realistic add-on’s on top of the flat fee and I’d have to say that I think it’s a good bit of financial business.

I do however agree with those how have said that the money will go know-where near the playing side of the club – think it’s pretty obvious that it’ll go into paying off the monies owed to Blitz & Gazal.....

So who gets any profits from the BP land sale ?

That question answers itself doesn't it? Why buy a struggling L1 side in a crumbling ground in the 1st place and all that.......Land & Profit from the subsequent sale of it........

Basically debt free apart from money owed to Blitz & Gazal (unless thats to be taken out of the sale of land or something? maybe the trust or board could say something about the money owed..?) and a hopefully a new stadium which will make us self-sufficient (supposedly)

There is potential here.. but depends if anyone sees it and wants to take the risk..

Basically debt free apart from money owed to Blitz & Gazal (unless thats to be taken out of the sale of land or something? maybe the trust or board could say something about the money owed..?) and a hopefully a new stadium which will make us self-sufficient (supposedly)

There is potential here.. but depends if anyone sees it and wants to take the risk..

+1 we may never know but with all this talk about us owing them and we are still in debt to them but, land sales with what they bought through us where does it go? profits against the debts since they put that debt against us?

interesting
very.

Don't see how we can accept two offers though.

Depends on the deal, and think 350k is good in my head, but can't help feeling I wish it was just a little more to make it feel more palatable.

But using cold facts, for an unproven youngster, who has not scored, it is pretty good.

Truth be told, if he had not scored that hat trick we would not be discussing an eaves transfer.