Skys Peter Beagrie _

So you had not seen us play last season when you said we would finish 5th. Obviously after the Stockport game you changed your mind to relegation. And after this one win against one of the poorest team in the division we're destined to go up? Give over.

The guy isn't a tit for making an honest prediction. You're a tit for making a snide remark to him for making an honest prediction.

This guy isnt making an honest predicition, hes suddenly thought :censored: ive got an article to be in by friday, better get some :censored: done, gone and got pissed and put some bull:censored: list together, simple.

Nobody pays any attention to these bull:censored: lists written by bull:censored: writers without a clue about anything but the greed league.

If they get it right once in 20 years its a complete fluke. Get a proper job you :censored: .

The National papers,etc talk bollocks, it might just be a bit of South / North bias but as I read yesterday The Sun predicts Tranmere 22nd, us 23rd and Rochdale 24th!!! Might be right with 2 out of 3 but not us !!!!

Good job they do cheap tickets or wouldn't read their paper !!!!

Edited by oafcforever

We'll finish between 1st and 24th. Fact. :wink:

Judging off pre-season and the Tranmere game, think it is realistic to predict we will finish mid table, maybe pushing towards 7/8/9th places if everyone can get fit and all players chip in with a few goals with two players getting into double figures.

dont be silly.

call me silly if you want thats just where i think we will be come the end of the season would be more than happy to be wrong and see us further up the table on paper we look short upfront with Pav gone Eaves going Brooke on crutches the guy form sunderland getting mixed reviews yesterday Bembo Leta and Kelly unproven at league 1 that leaves us with Warren feeney who is the fit striker who is really proven at this level and even he hasn't done much in the last couple of years. Hope I'm wrong but we may struggle this season their will be times where we will go on bad runs of results although I think we will stay up.

Oldham.jpg

Yeah, I think leaching their bandwidth is the least I can do for such a twatish "preview".

Can't wait for it to all go pair shaped for Huddersfield, see their chairman walk away and see them left with a wagebill which will see them plunge into financial ruin and plummet down the leagues.

Edited by PlayItLivo

any 'pundit' who thinks Danny Whitaker is ''impressive'' needs to be ignored

A lot on here were saying he was better than Wellens at one point...I don't like the guy, but he's not far wrong...it's a section of our lot that in parts are as thick as pig:censored: at times :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

call me silly if you want thats just where i think we will be come the end of the season would be more than happy to be wrong and see us further up the table on paper we look short upfront with Pav gone Eaves going Brooke on crutches the guy form sunderland getting mixed reviews yesterday Bembo Leta and Kelly unproven at league 1 that leaves us with Warren feeney who is the fit striker who is really proven at this level and even he hasn't done much in the last couple of years. Hope I'm wrong but we may struggle this season their will be times where we will go on bad runs of results although I think we will stay up.

EXACTLY!!! Where are the goals coming from other than Stephens?

Brooke - out

Lewis - playing wide, not prolific at all, will chip in with a few

Feeney - not fit yet and shown little in terms of scoring in the games I've seen, has massive expectation on his shoulders

Eaves - going

Kelly - 18yr amateur from Ireland...could be as good as me, could be the next big thing...nobody has a clue

Tounkare - Until he's fit and scored a few...who?

Dickov - not fit, now injured with it, won't be used unless we're really short

Taylor - Possibly, but only when fit and heads up

Jones - Not seen anything I like about the guy yet, but early days

Furman - Depends how often he pulls his arse forward of the centre circle

Stephens - The only true source of goals and assists in my eyes

Smalley - Again, may get a few if he gets in

Purdie - I've a sneaky feeling he'll make his way into the side somehow and chip in with a goal or two...but not the amount we need

Bembo Leta - Not seen enough of the lad but looked utterly lightweight in the friendly he played in...infact, he made Smalley, Lewis and Stephens look like Arnie, Sly and Willis he got the ball taken off him that easily. Not the answer...

I just hope Dickov can get them "thinking goals" as Royle once put it....otherwise, Beagrie will be spot on (again).

Edited by boundaryblue80

Brooke - out

Feeney - not fit yet and shown little in terms of scoring in the games I've seen, has massive expectation on his shoulders

Eaves - going

Kelly - 18yr amateur from Ireland...could be as good as me, could be the next big thing...nobody has a clue

Purdie - I've a sneaky feeling he'll make his way into the side somehow and chip in with a goal or two...but not the amount we need

I just hope Dickov can get them "thinking goals" as Royle once put it....otherwise, Beagrie will be spot on (again).

If all of them can chip in the goals you say they will then we'll go up as champions! :lol:

I think Feeney will be alright. But as for our second striker, not too impressed by Tounkare. Kelly could be hit or miss. Dickov even if he does play is old and hasn't be prolific since the 80s.

I see two options if we're not bringing another proven striker in: we play Smalley up front, he's played a striker before and in the reserves and although I think he's a more natural winger and spell up top and in his final year trying to earn a new deal could see him get his arse in gear and bag a few or play Feeney right up top and Stephens behind him, we're blessed with running midfielders that I think deploying Stephens in an attacking role could work tricks for us. He's got a cracking shot on him and we should be looking to get him into these shooting positions around the area. His accuracy is amazing for this level, he knows where he wants to put the ball and he puts it there, there's no luck or hitting and hoping involved. The kid can strike a ball like Stevie G! So yeah, as you say Stephens will be a big source of our goals this season, and we don't have to deploy him in the centre. I think Jones and Furman can hold the fort in the middle fine and allow Stephens to roam behind Feenster, allowing him to get into decent shooting positions.

Edited by PlayItLivo

If all of them can chip in the goals you say they will then we'll go up as champions! :lol:

Not really...if we take 3 as the number equating to a few...let's guess roughly how many they'll get over the season...

Brooke - 2 - on his return as bit part player as others will be ahead

Lewis - 4 - chipping in

Feeney - 8 - I can't see him getting double figures, as I can see him being injured a lot

Eaves - 0 - going

Kelly - 3 - finding his feet

Tounkare - 2 - Just a hunch that he'll be a Blackman we get stuck with

Dickov - 2 - won't play much, might get the odd goal

Taylor - 4 - Might get more, all depends on fitness...could stick a pin in between 1 and 10 really

Jones - 1 - Aiming low

Furman - 1 - Doesn't get forward enough

Stephens - 8 - Decent return for a midfielder, may get a few more even...but keeping him is essential

Smalley - 3 - A few

Purdie - 3 - Also, a few

41 goals in that lot....add in another 10 lets say from defenders, new players, other players...51 goals in a season....

Looking at last seasons league table, every team above us got more than 51 goals...infact, Southend got relegated having scored 51 goals and Wycombe scoring 56 goals.

Of course it's all relative to your defence, but we're going to struggle for goals...maybe the above might wake a few up to this season and the fact that Beagrie might actually be onto something....

Brooke - out

Eaves - going

Bembo Leta - Not seen enough of the lad but looked utterly lightweight in the friendly he played in...infact, he made Smalley, Lewis and Stephens look like Arnie, Sly and Willis he got the ball taken off him that easily. Not the answer...

Slight problem with that.

1) Kelly is 24 :wink:

Also i think the Jones bit is slightly hard on him, even though as you say early doors. Will only see the best of him once played in CM (which incidentally is why he left Hartlepool - to play CM instead of RW because he isnt a winger)

Not really...if we take 3 as the number equating to a few...let's guess roughly how many they'll get over the season...

Lewis - 4 - chipping in

Feeney - 8 - I can't see him getting double figures, as I can see him being injured a lot

Eaves - 0 - going

Taylor - 4 - Might get more, all depends on fitness...could stick a pin in between 1 and 10 really

Jones - 1 - Aiming low

Stephens - 8 - Decent return for a midfielder, may get a few more even...but keeping him is essential

Smalley - 3 - A few

Purdie - 3 - Also, a few

41 goals in that lot....add in another 10 lets say from defenders, new players, other players...51 goals in a season....

Looking at last seasons league table, every team above us got more than 51 goals...infact, Southend got relegated having scored 51 goals and Wycombe scoring 56 goals.

Of course it's all relative to your defence, but we're going to struggle for goals...maybe the above might wake a few up to this season and the fact that Beagrie might actually be onto something....

About 51 goals you say. Well its an improvement on DP's 39 goals in a season isn't it?

But agree with the others tally apart from:

Brooke - Reckon you can put a pin between 3 and 12 depending on when he returns (my source claims its mid october)

Feeney: 3-5 never been profilic

Tounkara: between 5 and 10

Kelly: 8 if stays beyond his 6 month contract

Slight problem with that.

1) Kelly is 24 :wink:

Also i think the Jones bit is slightly hard on him, even though as you say early doors. Will only see the best of him once played in CM (which incidentally is why he left Hartlepool - to play CM instead of RW because he isnt a winger)

About 51 goals you say. Well its an improvement on DP's 39 goals in a season isn't it?

But agree with the others tally apart from:

Brooke - Reckon you can put a pin between 3 and 12 depending on when he returns (my source claims its mid october)

Feeney: 3-5 never been profilic

Tounkara: between 5 and 10

Kelly: 8 if stays beyond his 6 month contract

Kelly - someone told me he was 18...ah well

39 goals - Not having a last season debate AGAIN but will just say, we'll let in a lot more than last season also (guaranteed!)

Brooke - There's not a lot since Walsall away under Joe to suggest he'll kick on...I hope he does, but it's not a given and that's banking on him getting fit after a tricky injury

Tounkare - On this guy, we really haven't a clue between us in all honesty. He might be a 20+ goal machine but more likely be the single figure middle-of-the-ground striker

Kelly - Feels a bit of an eggs in basket gamble...cheap at that, but he's come from obscurity...

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Kelly - someone told me he was 18...ah well

39 goals - Not having a last season debate AGAIN but will just say, we'll let in a lot more than last season also (guaranteed!)

Brooke - There's not a lot since Walsall away under Joe to suggest he'll kick on...I hope he does, but it's not a given and that's banking on him getting fit after a tricky injury

Tounkare - On this guy, we really haven't a clue between us in all honesty. He might be a 20+ goal machine but more likely be the single figure middle-of-the-ground striker

Kelly - Feels a bit of an eggs in basket gamble...cheap at that, but he's come from obscurity...

It's going to be interesting, that's for sure...

Reported as being 24 when signed..

Dont know how much/if any of pre-season you have seen, but Brooke has looked alot more impressive to me. Looks stronger, quicker and isnt afraid to go where it hurts

Agree with Tounkare and Kelly though.. hopefully they turn out to be 20+ goals a season strikers :grin:

There's a lot of flapping about just who's going to score our goals. My philosophy is that, if we're playing good, positive football, and creating chances, some :censored: worthy of a pro contract will just about find it in themselves to kick it over the goal line.

Just look at O'Grady for Dale.... :wink::imnotworthy:

This guy isnt making an honest predicition, hes suddenly thought :censored: ive got an article to be in by friday, better get some :censored: done, gone and got pissed and put some bull:censored: list together, simple.

Nobody pays any attention to these bull:censored: lists written by bull:censored: writers without a clue about anything but the greed league.

If they get it right once in 20 years its a complete fluke. Get a proper job you :censored: .

You might want to re-edit that post; I think it needs some more swearing in it for me :wink::lol:

Lewis - 4 - chipping in

Eaves - 0 - going

Jones - 1 - Aiming low

Smalley - 3 - A few

Purdie - 3 - Also, a few

41goals in that lot....add in another 10 lets say from defenders, new players, other players...51 goals in a season....

This really is the epitome of guess work; predicting how many goals players will get – but sod it; here goes!!

Brooke - 2 - on his return as bit part player as others will be ahead / I see him getting more than that; as (a.) It looks like he might not be out for as long as initially feared and (b.) pre-knock he looked to 1st choice with PD; who look to rate him highly. Once fit; I see him featuring regularly and as such; with his finishing ability; I see 6-8 in what will be a injury hit season

Lewis - 4 - chipping in / I’d tend to agree with that if he continues with the LM role; possibly add another 2 onto it if he goes upfront at points.

Feeney - 8 - I can't see him getting double figures, as I can see him being injured a lot. / I can see him getting double figures; just. 10 I think for him; but a similar total for assists too with his channel running and crossing.

Eaves - 0 – going / agree

Kelly - 3 - finding his feet / He will indeed be finding his feet; but his finish vs Burnely smacked of someone who has coolness & composure in front of goal. Given a decent number of games up to the end of his current deal; I think 5 is an achievable & realistic target.

Tounkare - 2 - Just a hunch that he'll be a Blackman we get stuck with. / Wasn’t there on sat, have never seen him play so In reality I couldn’t comment until after a fair few games from him.

Dickov - 2 - won't play much, might get the odd goal. / I actually don’t see him scoring (a.) because I don’t think he’ll play much at all and (b.) latterly in his career he’s not been prolific has he? He’s more of a distraction striker (have I just made up a new role??) tying up defenders for others to take advantage of the space etc. So, 0 for me for our super-gaffer!!

Taylor - 4 - Might get more, all depends on fitness...could stick a pin in between 1 and 10 really / agree; 4

Jones - 1 - Aiming low. / He used to get 3 or 4 for the Monkey Hangers; I see no reason why he shouldn’t for us either.

Furman - 1 - Doesn't get forward enough / I don’t see him scoring; he doesn’t get into any positions to score and he has a shot that rivals my Nan’s one for power (& my Nan’s shot is pretty tame; but she is 91 years old!!). Not his game to get goals, his work for the team is further back. So, 0 for me for Dean.

Stephens - 8 - Decent return for a midfielder, may get a few more even...but keeping him is essential / Agree – I’ve said 8-10 in other threads; with a similar total for assists.

Smalley - 3 - A few / I’d go along with that total

Purdie - 3 - Also, a few / I think he’ll be off as soon as he is ‘match fit’ to A N Other L2 side on loan and we wont actually ever see him a competitive game; so it’s a 0 for him.

I’d also throw in:

Reuben – should be looking to match last season 3 goals; which made him ‘joint 2nd’ (OMG; how bad was that last season!!)

Jason Jarrett – I think he’ll end up having to play a large number of games this season; and as a result of that; I he goes forward at FK’s & Corners – I can see him sneaking a goal here & there. Oh, and if dale lets him have the odd free-kick too? I’ll plump for 2.

Black – matching last season total – so 1 from him.

Lee – matching last season total again – so 1 from him.

Miscellaneous – Own goals, new signings – 5+

That’s 62 for me then; a healthier total made up from realistic targets I feel. We’ll be right off that if the defence can keep tight (ish