Confused about Notts County

How have they become a real force?

I know they had a great year but I thought after the collaspe of the new owners ( what a joke that was) they nearly went bust and ended up being bought by the ex Director of Lincoln City and have no cash?

Anyway I have probably given them the kiss of death and will gain 3 points at BP tomorrow.

What I want to know is , have they been given the whole RRE or just the large section?

I though Latics fans had the small bit.

But you really would expect the fishal site to clarify this with a front page article on the day before the match!

I can't quickly and easily find a link under "tickets" or "match".

Anyone able to clarify?

But you really would expect the fishal site to clarify this with a front page article on the day before the match!

Anyone able to clarify?

Pretty sure County were allocated the large section as they were expecting to bring a large following.........I don't think they will bring enough to fill the smaller section and would suggest that the fans will have been moved for nothing..........we shall see!

Anybody have any indications of their expected turn out?

Edited by oafc1955

Anyone able to clarify?

as i understood it they have been given the big section only,and we can go in the small section...

you cant find anything on the official site since they changed the format early this week...if it aint broke dont fix it i say

Do we need to exchange tickets or can we use our season tickets to get into the small section of RRE? I went and got my season ticket the other day but they didnt mention anythin about moving at the ticket office.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

How have they become a real force?

I know they had a great year but I thought after the collaspe of the new owners ( what a joke that was) they nearly went bust and ended up being bought by the ex Director of Lincoln City and have no cash?

Anyway I have probably given them the kiss of death and will gain 3 points at BP tomorrow.

They got some promotion money last season. And they was getting crowds of around 6,000 regularly then towards end of the season between 7,000 and 10,000 fans (10,000 on a tuesday night i might add...) and had 10,000 fans in the ground of hudders game, so am guessing that was around 7,000 fans? Probably enough to fund players wages (& schemical has left and it was reported he was on £15,000 a week) )

They got some promotion money last season. And they was getting crowds of around 6,000 regularly then towards end of the season between 7,000 and 10,000 fans (10,000 on a tuesday night i might add...) and had 10,000 fans in the ground of hudders game, so am guessing that was around 7,000 fans? Probably enough to fund players wages (& schemical has left and it was reported he was on £15,000 a week) )

league two player on 15k damn :lol: :lol:

I get all that but they were on the verge of admin?. Whats changed?

I get all that but they were on the verge of admin?. Whats changed?

What I still don't get is that League 2 is the subject of a formal wage cap and County clearly breached it by some distance last season. (Maximum spend to income ratio allowed being 60% yet County were at 300%+)

So how come they have not been charged/punished by the Football League? :mmm:

The guy who bought the club, has paid off various bills etc

I dont think the ex director of Lincoln City would be that flush.

Something smells and I wouldnt be supprised if it un- ravelled into a mess this season.

I tend to agree with Harry,.

they're expected to bring 800 fans tomorrow

For clarity, is that 800 in the small bit of the RRE and 800 in the big bit?

Or two lots of 800 in the big bit?

Or two lots of 800 in the small bit?

Or was it just a duplicate post?

So at a guess they have probably sold around 400/500 advance tickets and it seems our season ticket holders have been forced to move for nothing!

The small portion of the RRE would have been more than adequate.................they were never going to bring in excess of 1300 anyway.

Or another example of mismanagement. They are about as in touch with Latics fans as Capello is with the England team !

The club asked Notts County for an estimate of how many they would bring. As is common practice .

Notts County obviously overestimated.

Nothing to do with OAFC being out of touch with Latics fans.

The club asked Notts County for an estimate of how many they would bring. As is common practice .

Notts County obviously overestimated.

Nothing to do with OAFC being out of touch with Latics fans.

Oh, stop being the voice of reason and blaming the people who are actually at fault!