Latics 3-0 Notts County

i always knew players like furman, lee had ability and skill but thanks to DP and his 'DONT LOSE' strategy they never got the chance to cross the halfway line or overlap at all last year.

work hard as a team and shoot at goal like lewi and furman and stephens have been doing and you wont go far wrong in this league. Shows you what can happen when you just let players with ability play and shoot on site YOU LISTENING PENNEY?!

PD's BARMY ARMY!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was a bit of a long stand? Wonder if it was a dickov tactic or someone was having a crap?!!!

Missed Furmans goal cos i was at the pie stand!

The officials weren't out either, it was County that were early. They had no ball either so they couldn't even be first to it when we weren't even there!

i always knew players like furman, lee had ability and skill but thanks to DP and his 'DONT LOSE' strategy they never got the chance to cross the halfway line or overlap at all last year.

work hard as a team and shoot at goal like lewi and furman and stephens have been doing and you wont go far wrong in this league. Shows you what can happen when you just let players with ability play and shoot on site YOU LISTENING PENNEY?!

PD's BARMY ARMY!

Penney who?

The thing that stands out for me is that when someone asked who the outstanding performers were (based on the commentary) the answer was none of them - it was a quality team performance. That says a lot, and I hope is a great sign for the season.

Totally agree with this post...........At times we strung loads of passes together and all the players ran their socks off

Totally agree with this post...........At times we strung loads of passes together and all the players ran their socks off

If we get Gregan back playing with last season's form we'll have a decent team. We can't afford to poorly mark against set pieces against Charlton like we did today.

superb display, keep it going boys!!

Craig Short has really got my goat

'We made Oldham look like real madrid'

right at the end:

'lost last week, huddersfield are a good side, but paul and oldham, theyre a young side with aspirations for promotion but they wont get promotion huddersfield are a far better side and we made oldham look like huddersfield'

WHO'S TOP OF THE LEAGUE YOU PRICK!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8898060.stm

Boooooooo, he doesn't think we're going to win automatic promotion when we've quite clearly won our first two games, and most sides who win their first two games go up. I agree, what a prick. He probably thinks Southampton won't get relegated either!

Though I have returned to the UK having missed the first two games of the season.(wife's 40th birthday) Having read the posts over the last week am I right in thinking the commitment and passion from the team is there this season as it wasn't under DP? I assume the truth over how good we have been is a happy medium and we are showing good signs but both games have seen our defence exposed though we have managed to win. I feel from the forum the expectations are running high throughout and really now can't wait to get back to BP and beyond for the first time in months.

Edited by aliofashy

Neither do I :lol:

Nobody fancied us for promotion this year pundits bookies other teams in our division NOBODY!

Well I like it!! Long may we work hard give our all and fight to the death to win yet still be cast aside as the underdog!

I don’t see why we can't gain promotion, after all one team of committed players can beat 11 world class footballers that play as individuals.

We are all in this together and why not aim high.

Nobody fancied us for promotion this year pundits bookies other teams in our division NOBODY!

Well I like it!! Long may we work hard give our all and fight to the death to win yet still be cast aside as the underdog!

I don’t see why we can't gain promotion, after all one team of committed players can beat 11 world class footballers that play as individuals.

We are all in this together and why not aim high.

Oh aim as high as you want mate, I will too.

But there's a difference between aiming for it and thinking it'll come.

I am just happy we have a team we can be proud in and who give their all and who want to play for Oldham Athletic.

We will lose games of course but as long as we go down fighting that is what matters to me!

We have something good to build on now.

Anyone know what happened to the dog in distress??

Even the tannoy announcements are better under Dickov....you shouldn't laugh, you really shouldn't laugh....

I thought we looked more like the 2008 Spain team than Real Madrid. (This will probably be as good as the season gets, i'll get as carried away as i want) Best performance in a very long time. You can see Dickov's influence in how they're scrapping for every ball and chasing lost causes, rather than the 'pass it backwards and shrug your shoulders' attitude of last season. I hope when they show the first goal on the BBC they show all 57 passes in the build up.

I loved today's game so much - and I mean everything from the pitch to the RRE - I cried. I :censored: you not. I didn't think we were ever going to play like that again. And I just was unfamiliar with how else to react!

Gay. : :wink:

Edited by Lukers1

Oh aim as high as you want mate, I will too.

But there's a difference between aiming for it and thinking it'll come.

This is one of the occasions Ackey when I really hope you're wrong, and I know deep down you do too. But you don't half come across as a bleedin know all because of your short term employment with the club, resulting in constant supercillious comments about anything & everything inside Boundary Park.

superb display, keep it going boys!!

Craig Short has really got my goat

'We made Oldham look like real madrid'

right at the end:

'lost last week, huddersfield are a good side, but paul and oldham, theyre a young side with aspirations for promotion but they wont get promotion huddersfield are a far better side and we made oldham look like huddersfield'

WHO'S TOP OF THE LEAGUE YOU PRICK!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_2/8898060.stm

It's amazing how people talk.....TWO GAMES...not just Latics fans but this interview by Short. To be honest, there's not a lot I disagree with. We did a proper good job on a side that's going to be down there this season and yes, they probably did make us look good after that dodgy opening where Burgess should've buried his chance. Plus Brill making a couple of good saves...we could've been 2 down before Furman popped up.

But Short's talking like we're 30 games into a season...similar to people telling me we're aiming for playoffs now. Long long way to go...very enjoyable from when Furman's goal (why's it take 12 months to do that) goes in...great to see the side interchanging....I've wanted to see this for years and years....probably Dowie who last had players roaming forward, while others slot in. At times we still looked young and raw and that's where consistency will be a problem. Nice to put Hughes and co back in his box though (shame on the dicks singing Hughesy in the Chaddy at 1-0.....:censored: off to Notts County if you want to cheer him on!)

Real tough test next Satdee...I'll take a god-awful 0-0 now :wink:

Edited by Zorrro
Swearing

This is one of the occasions Ackey when I really hope you're wrong, and I know deep down you do too. But you don't half come across as a bleedin know all because of your short term employment with the club, resulting in constant supercillious comments about anything & everything inside Boundary Park.

That's entirely because that's how you choose to read his comments.

I hope starting with two wins might be the beginning of an unlikely promotion charge.

I expect that these 6 points may prove crucial in our fight against relegation.

But there's no need to look too far ahead just yet. Let's just enjoy the moment while it lasts. :grin: