Just got a feeling

Great start so far with two very winable games coming up next at home.

Long way to go but the feelgood factor is definitely back.

think these 2 home games will be interesting. the latics of old would usually get too cocky

and slip up here. if we get 6 points from the next 2 games then yes, i will start to think something is happening here. :wink:

I must admit my passion for Latics is back. Living abroad, at times last season I couldn't even be bothered to logon to the offical website to see how we got on nevermind the £5 a month I was paying for my subsciption to Latcis World being completley wasted.

Thank goodness for PD & GT. I've rediscovered the buzz and when I'm back "home" I'll certainly be visiting BP.

It's far to soon to say we'll be anywhere near the promotion/play off places. But one thing I am certain about is that this league is a lot closer in terms of standard and quality, that many would think. I don't think anybody is going to walk it this year (like Norwich or Leicester previously) and I believe there are 10-12 teams who would consider themselves play-off contenders. The problem that the likes of Wednesday, Southampton and Huddersfield will have is one, having the tag of favourites for most matches and two, being the team everyone wants to beat.

Teams who should harbour genuine Play Off (minimum) hopes:

1. Huddersfield

2. Southampton

3. Sheff Wed

4. Plymouth

5. Colchester

6. Peterborough

7. MK Dons

Teams who might not set Play Offs as a target but are capable of getting there:

1. Oldham

2. Brighton

3. Carlisle

4. Bournemouth

5. Notts County

So lets hope we do what Blackpool did a few years ago in this league, just look where they are now!!!

I guess Southampton is up in the air now. Having a billionaire is all great, having a deceased billionaires disinterested descendants is a different matter.

MK will be no where near methinks. I reckon/hope the bottom end beckons them.

Oldham will be in this division until the end of time itself.

I guess Southampton is up in the air now. Having a billionaire is all great, having a deceased billionaires disinterested descendants is a different matter.

MK will be no where near methinks. I reckon/hope the bottom end beckons them.

Oldham will be in this division until the end of time itself.

Every dog has it's day! Dogdale was in the bottom division for the longest of any teams, but they finally got promoted last year. The great thing is about us is that nobody expects it. Not the fans, not the players, not the board and not the managment (though I bet they think every game is winnable, which contradicts itself). Having such low expectations is a good thing in my eyes. I remember Shez's first year in charge and thinking we was in for a year of doom & gloom, but by Feb I was expecting us to go up automatically (especially after thrasing Forest at home). I won't be making any such assumptions this time. If we are doing well come christmas/Jan time then we'll just be overachieving in my eyes.

Every dog has it's day! Dogdale was in the bottom division for the longest of any teams, but they finally got promoted last year. The great thing is about us is that nobody expects it. Not the fans, not the players, not the board and not the managment (though I bet they think every game is winnable, which contradicts itself). Having such low expectations is a good thing in my eyes. I remember Shez's first year in charge and thinking we was in for a year of doom & gloom, but by Feb I was expecting us to go up automatically (especially after thrasing Forest at home). I won't be making any such assumptions this time. If we are doing well come christmas/Jan time then we'll just be overachieving in my eyes.

over achieving or progressing????

i think if we had not signed any players and went with what we had,then overachieving yes...

i think that with the players coming in that we have,plus a good mix of the best of last seasons,then we are progressing,many many people on here and in football circles in general have wrote us off this season simply because of last season,and the fact dickov is manager.

pd and gt have come in with bright fresh new ideas,and a very good work ethic,and it is now starting to show....the only expectations are imposed by the fans....i dont think corney or dickov have come out and openly stated what this seasons aims are(i may be wrong) if were still amongst the front runners come january then we can rightly say play offs are achievable....

im just waiting for those who will soon be starting to say...its too soon for this team to go up.lol

After so much crap last year it's understandable that people get carried away; however Kipling's quote - "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster and treat those two imposters just the same" springs to mind.

My concern was always the spine of the team and he knows what he's doing up front; In addition Stephens & Furman have been an early bonus. Brill & the 2 centre backs remain a challenge, hopefully Taggart will close the gaps. Hazell & Lee cocked up from a set play for the goal and I think that will be the focus in training again next week; keep clean sheets!

I like how he's not afraid of casualties and I've been a massive Gregan fan but if he's not the right selection than I think Dikov won't shy away from a big decision.

Paul Dickov has been a massive breath of fresh air and has lifted the entire club. I don't know about anyonelse but in his interviews he reminds me of David Moyes having a kind of quiet determination.

My expectation at the start were that we would struggle and despite the start they haven't changed massively although they are beginning to be revised upwards. I'm not expecting us to finnish second, we will go through a bad patch at some point, which will result in a few of the drama queens coming out of the woodwork on this board. However their is always atleast one surprise package in the division last season it was Swindon the one before it was scunthorpe who's to say it won't be us.

• 2 months later...
But I wouldn't be dissapointed if we were stayed up! Anyone else feel like we could surprise a few? I was Penney's biggest critic because the football was :censored: but I have a feeling about Paul Dickov!

I know its early doors, it just feels right!

The feeling is still there! It could be our year :pray:

Incredible that there was almost 100% positivity

I might just resurect the Hardy Financial Disaster thread for a bit of balance.

Nah sod it, lets just enjoy the positive stuff for a while.

Steady as she goes long way to go, just a lot more of the same please Dr Dickov.

Incredible that there was almost 100% positivity

I might just resurect the Hardy Financial Disaster thread for a bit of balance.

Nah sod it, lets just enjoy the positive stuff for a while.

Steady as she goes long way to go, just a lot more of the same please Dr Dickov.

Absolutely. In Dickov we trust!