Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's an example of him in action, I'm not surprised PD wants him. God, I wish I could send more than I am now. Please, someone, take one off our hands, there's 4 to pick from plus a keeper with a knackered knee. :cardinal:

lets ask croydon athletic owner to buy them with the scandal money he has earnt during the pakistan cricket betting :lol: :lol:

get simon on the fax machine ASAP.

Nice to see you on board again Lags.

This has come very quickly upon us as far as the playershare scheme is concerned.

I have thanked people for joining and I know in the long term the scheme can help, but we need more people on board to make a real difference.

Rick's mail is very genuine and comes about after my talks with the management and Simon C.

We know that our squad needs trimming but as I sit here there does not seem any real prospect of players moving from the club before the deadline.

Believe me this is not a marketing stunt. If we cannot sign the player on a permanent deal than that will be it. The clubs finances are stretched and cannot continue in that manner.

This players however will add to the squad and those that have already seen him will know why.

Simon C is aware that this publicity is going out because a decision has to be made in the next 24 hours. I know he will not mind me telling you that YET AGAIN he is prepared to pay a substancial amount of the players wage from his own pocket.

I am aware that this request will cause comment to be made, good and bad, but we are trying to accomodate the manager with the best squad that we believe could do us proud. At the same time we are very much aware that the squad needs cutting.

Barry

how must we paying him then from the trust barry owen and will it be for a year or 2 we pay towards his wage.

i thought we were after a attacker.

now all the trust money will go on one player why i ask i dont want to sound nasty here or upset anyone.

Edited by RoyleArmy

we like proof because it not fair on others who paid we all thought we signed him up when it was on the home website.

I think you'll find that a short term contract could be anything; a week, a fortnight, a month. I could be wrong, but I reckon the contract was to keep him here while we expected someone to come in for Lomax, Worthy, Purdie, Jacobson thus releasing funds to give Dikaba the required contract before the window shuts.

Out of those 4, I would have thought JJ would have been a likely target. I won't be surprised if Lomax is on a train to Chesterfield tomorrow.

surely if he is costing the club a alot of money then we would have to let go of him

with the 40,000 pounds damaged caused in the fire, surely most of tom eaves transfer money will go towards replacing the box

to me it sounds like he is going to be one of the clubs top earners, how come we was not notified earlier to give the chance to the fans to contribute, its unfairly been dropped out of the blue on here.

surely if he is costing the club a alot of money then we would have to let go of him

with the 40,000 pounds damaged caused in the fire, surely most of tom eaves transfer money will go towards replacing the box

to me it sounds like he is going to be one of the clubs top earners, how come we was not notified earlier to give the chance to the fans to contribute, its unfairly been dropped out of the blue on here.

I'm sure Barry will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my post above explains what the plans were regarding Dikaba. It shows us one thing, though; SC is doing all he can so a big thank you to him if this comes off.

how must we paying him then from the trust barry owen and will it be for a year or 2 we pay towards his wage.

i thought we were after a attacker.

now all the trust money will go on one player why i ask i dont want to sound nasty here or upset anyone.

Seen him once and watched the video and he looks competent but average.

Now if it was Andy Ritchie from Leeds, or Kenny Clements or Roger Palmer from City..... then perhaps....

Persuade me his is any better than Holdsworth please?????

Persuade me his is any better than Holdsworth please?????

All I can say is that Dickov and Tagg have had him in training for 2 weeks and they like what they see. They have had Lomax, JJ and Holdworth for Longer and yet he still wants to bring him in ??

Football is all about opinions and Dickov is the one who lives or dies by his... job wise :wink:

I take on board all the points you have raised. On choices of players to bring in I must trust the management team. He will not be the highest player in the club but any wages are substancial enough to find if they are coming out of a pocket or the funds of the fans.

In lots of ways we believed it may have been easier to get one of our transfer listed players out but every club at the moment are carrying a surplus of players.Hence they only ask for the best you have and those are not available anyway.

Every player training with us, or on a short term contract eventually knocks on the managers door for a more permanent deal, even if only for one year as in this case.

I apologise for the lateness of this request but I have only been faced with the dilemma in the past few days and developments over the weekend were a consideration.

If this transfer is not possible because of the late requests then we will move forward. Like everything else in football you just do not give up until the final minute before the deadline.

I just hope you can all help on this or other occasions.

Thankyou

Barry

Maybe Paul shouldn't have got excited and blown most of his budget on a luxury striker who is always on international duty or injured.

Although he's unfortunate that the previous manager signed a couple of turkeys on good wages and 2 year contracts, if we could get shot of Jacobsen and Worthy we'd have enough for a couple more decent players.

Also, Fleming is not listed in our squad on the OS......conspiracy time?

Edited by PlayItLivo

why use the cash on him when we need players like front players as feeney is away again and barry i was lucking for a reply about this matter but i thought i drop this just so we can all see what we really need at oafc.

this players isnt David Beckham please let use the fund in a right place.

I thought Barry Owen was in charged of the trust doesnt he have the right to pull out of this move i dont want to sound evile but people got their options etc.

Edited by RoyleArmy

I think someone needs to contact Mr Paul Scholes and tell him to dip into his pocket... he could pay £500 a week... and the rest!

P.S I'll set up a standing order to the player share scheme when i get home from work tonight

Edited by robboman

I know it's not alot but i'll send over a fiver tonight when my paypal account gets refilled via ebay :grin: and hopefully i'll be able to do it on a more regular basis to support this worthy cause,

IN DICKOV WE TRUST!

Edited by OLDHAMADE

PlayerShare was set up to help PD and his team bring in a player.

A player has been identified and this is where the fans can help.

Rodrigue Dikaba

0,,10337~8987218,00.jpg

Simon Corney as asked Trust Oldham to help bring Rodrigue to the Club on a full contract after Paul Dickov as made it VERY CLEAR that he wants him in his team.

SC is willing to pay a large percentage (Higher than the percantage asked for from The Trust) of his own money towards the contract and is asking Trust Oldham and the Playershare scheme to pay £500 a week.

This equates to £26,000 a year at at the moment we only have £7,000 with just over 50 people paying into the Fund.

If you are willing to TRUST Paul Dickov and his judgement on this player, this is the perfect time to prove it. £1 a week (or more if you are able) into the scheme or a one off donation will help.

If you would like to donate some money to the fund and recieve ADVERTISMENT in lieu for your company, this can be organised !!!

The club with its current squad CANT afford this player, but with the help of fans and PlayerShare it may just be able too.

This player is wanted by the manager, the funds made on Eaves is not available, that money is being used to support the club were Simon Blitz once did.

If anyone has any questions or wants to support this signing please let me know.

N.B. The club are actively looking for teams for players on the Transfer list, Rodrigue Dikaba is currently training at the club but if not signed tomorrow has been invited to train with 2 different Championship club. Dickov doesnt want to let him go !!!

Link

Whilst I whole-heartedly agree with the concept of Player Share, and I will be contributing once I'm in a position to do so, I don't agree with signing another right-back. Kieran Lee and Andy Holdsworth are more than sufficient. An out and out poacher is what we need and is the difference between drawing 0-0 at home to Yeovil and nicking a manky 1-0. I know I may be in the minority but we're well covered at Right-Back and the funds could be used better up top. Oh and if Kelvin isn't snapped up - he's here until May.

Whilst I whole-heartedly agree with the concept of Player Share, and I will be contributing once I'm in a position to do so, I don't agree with signing another right-back. Kieran Lee and Andy Holdsworth are more than sufficient. An out and out poacher is what we need and is the difference between drawing 0-0 at home to Yeovil and nicking a manky 1-0. I know I may be in the minority but we're well covered at Right-Back and the funds could be used better up top. Oh and if Kelvin isn't snapped up - he's here until May.

hpow do you know he isn't intending playing him further forward and leaving the so far impressive Kieran Lee at RB???

Put me down for £5 too.

How about some othose who don't go to matches but claim to be supporters stumping up?

I did :lol:

Working permanent nights has virtually killed off my social life including getting over to Oldham for some of this seasons home games but i'm in discussion with the night manager about making a few allowances so I can get over alot more.