Duxbury calling the shots ?

How is that Lee Duxbury appears to be coaching the first team from the sidelines ?..I thought he was the reserve team coach, whatever his tactics are they don't seem to be getting through to the players.

He is reserve team coach, but on Matchdays assists the first team I believe.

“Usually, the reserves play the same formation as the first team, to make the transition easier for players, so I phoned the boss (Paul Dickov) to ask if we could play 4-5-1,

So now we know Saturday's line up...17yo Crompton on his own up front, after all if he caused problems against 2 England internationals Bristol Rovers defenders will hold no problems will they ? :wink:

Edited by BP1960

How is that Lee Duxbury appears to be coaching the first team from the sidelines ?..I thought he was the reserve team coach, whatever his tactics are they don't seem to be getting through to the players.

Can I ask a question. Professionally or personally; do you have a problem / issue with Lee Duxbury?

Only from last season's reserve games and some comments you made IIRC in terms of tactics; some of the results (IIRC the big loss to 'Dale drew particular attention) etc; and with this season too – this calling the shots thread and some of the other comments on the post game threads.

I get the feeling you just don’t like the man; and I’m interested to know why?

Can I ask a question. Professionally or personally; do you have a problem / issue with Lee Duxbury?

Only from last season's reserve games and some comments you made IIRC in terms of tactics; some of the results (IIRC the big loss to 'Dale drew particular attention) etc; and with this season too – this calling the shots thread and some of the other comments on the post game threads.

I get the feeling you just don’t like the man; and I’m interested to know why?

Nothing personal, my query related to the roles of a first and reserve team coach, I was at the reserves match last night and to his credit his tactics were well thought out and justified.

So now we know Saturday's line up...17yo Crompton on his own up front, after all if he caused problems against 2 England internationals Bristol Rovers defenders will hold no problems will they ? :wink:

I heard TP say that the lad has no fears and when selected for the first team squad v Preston said "Its about time." Having read the article online it's a fine line between confidence & arrogance.

I heard TP say that the lad has no fears and when selected for the first team squad v Preston said "Its about time." Having read the article online it's a fine line between confidence & arrogance.

He has a swagger that; given youth is on his side & he has plenty of time; could rivals Gregan’s in a few years!

He’s obviously very self assured – and I think you need a bit of that to be honest to make the step up – but as you say; it’s a fine line that has to be tread. A couple of step over that line and you go from self assured & confident youth player to cocky arrogant little so & so!

From the games I’ve seen him play in; he looks to have that certain ‘something’ and certainly has potential to be a decent striker & I think that he could well be involved before the season reaches Christmas period.