Sheff Weds 24 hours from Admin according to BBC

I hope Sheff Wed come through this, sure they will, they are a huge club. If I was a Wednesday fan and paying my hard earned on a saturday looking around seeing the other 16-20k fans who have done the same. I would be asking one question ....... How the hell did our club get into this mess???

Lets hope they keep the players, when it happened to us it was gut wrenching watching our best players sold for half of what we payed for em. I still hate Stoke for taking Clint! And the rest of the clubs picking at our bones after the Moore debacle.

One thing and this is a bit of fantasy on my part, if Sheff Wed get a points deduction and we keep our run going...........................mmmm I can dream!

Weren't they offered money for a couple of their players in the transfer window? They must have known this tax bill was looming.

They did indeed; mate at work is a season ticket holder – and is gutted by this as it’s “almost certain” to happen according to him (he did a placement with them this summer as part of his Uni course; working on the World Cup Venue bid project)

They turned down a bid from Cardiff (another magic return to financial stability club) for Tommy Spurr and also several bids for Tudgay from Blackpool & Burnley. It was only Lee Grant who went to pay the last bill before they were due to go into admin – bet they reget now they didn’t sell the others.

Be interesting if they did get docked 10 points though; even with some good results the 10 points deduction cost Southampton last season; be more than funny to see them stay in League 1 for at least another season.

Looks like inland revenue have well and truly had enough of football clubs trying to fleece them

who can blame them, Portsmouth are the team to thank for the revenue to start becoming more strict. No buisness should survive on money that is not theirs (hold on a minute, there is only going to be two proffesional leagues in 10 years)

who can blame them, Portsmouth are the team to thank for the revenue to start becoming more strict. No buisness should survive on money that is not theirs (hold on a minute, there is only going to be two proffesional leagues in 10 years)

Just text my mate (an avid Wednesdayite) no chance he reckons of this going tits up as Co-op bank have £26 million tied up in the club! :shock: He reckons they'll get the overdraft extended and clear the Tax Bill.

Just text my mate (an avid Wednesdayite) no chance he reckons of this going tits up as Co-op bank have £26 million tied up in the club! :shock: He reckons they'll get the overdraft extended and clear the Tax Bill.

It does beg the question of what the Co Op were doing investing so much in a football club.

Not only that, they pride themsleves on being ethical don't they? :wink:

It does beg the question of what the Co Op were doing investing so much in a football club.

Not only that, they pride themsleves on being ethical don't they? :wink:

They didn't invest in Wednesday, they are the clubs bank. Its in their interest therefore not to see the club go under otherwise they would miss out on the 26 million they are owed............... which if happened wouldnt be very ethical :wink:

They didn't invest in Wednesday, they are the clubs bank. Its in their interest therefore not to see the club go under otherwise they would miss out on the 26 million they are owed............... which if happened wouldnt be very ethical :wink:

So what we are are saying is that they have lent Seff Weds (or "invested ") £25 million?

How can the be owed £25m but not have invested it?

So what we are are saying is that they have lent Seff Weds (or "invested ") £25 million?

Othwerwise, yes, very unethical :grin:

Edited by singe

So their biggest creditor has bailed them out as they obviously don't fancy a penny in the pound? Conflict of interests or just good business sense?

So their biggest creditor has bailed them out as they obviously don't fancy a penny in the pound? Conflict of interests or just good business sense?

Indeed

They'd have a lot of explaining to do if they got back £250,000 form £25 million. :lol:

I tihnk the going rate is more like 10p in the £, so that's still only £2.5m

Indeed

They'd have a lot of explaining to do if they got back £250,000 form £25 million. :lol:

I tihnk the going rate is more like 10p in the £, so that's still only £2.5m

If I was a Co-Op bank customer with an overdraft I would be onto the bank this morning asking for them write it off.