Found this on youtube. [Our security]

Found this on youtube.

:S

Damn sight easier to move grounds if the ground is constantly attacked by arsonists. :wink:

This defies belief wtf are you doing Corney and Hardy? Heads should roll for this. Incompetent fookwits! :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Oldham Athletic Security Blunder

This footage was filmed on Sunday afternoon 5th September 2010 just 13 days after two boys set fire and damaged the disabled area and hospitality suite. Damage estimated to be around £40,000. You would have thought after this incident, security would have been tightened, But this was not the case. After informing Oldham Athletic, I then received a call from Alan Hardy (Chief executive) threatening me with the police saying that he would have me done for trespass. He also informed me that the last time the gates were used was on Saturday when the broadcasters where there. What if there would have been another fire or damage to the grounds? (less info)

View comments, related videos, and more

Edited by oafcprozac

shocking.

surely would have voided insurance if any damage done?

Question has to be asked, if that gate was open when the Insurance loss adjuster arrived then maybe that's why the suite isn't being replaced????? As in null and void. Wouldn't surprise me with the half-wits we have running the club.

(I know the lads climbed over a gate that caused the fire (allegedly) but I bet they're well pissed-off when they realised they could have simply walked in!!!

Edited by oafcprozac

Hmmm. The last time it had been open was for the broadcasters on the Saturday and then somebody who happens to have a video camera finds it open on the Sunday. Well, what a coincidence.

Yes, somebody should've checked that the gate was locked after the broadcasters left but I can't help but suspect a set-up.

Hmmm. The last time it had been open was for the broadcasters on the Saturday and then somebody who happens to have a video camera finds it open on the Sunday. Well, what a coincidence.

Yes, somebody should've checked that the gate was locked after the broadcasters left but I can't help but suspect a set-up.

Set-up or not, the club shouldn't be handing keys out will nilly and expecting external parties to lock the ground up for them. No matter how the club try and cover their arses on this one, they're the one's whose lacksidaisical attitude has given these chancers the opportunity to claim their 'scoop'. :wink:

What a load of old :censored:e. 'Well Mr Hardy it's in the public interest'...no it isn't. The club's security policy is clearly lacking and that's in the club's interest and nobody else's. This is not some sort of display of how to get onto a plane with explosives that needs to be alerted to the public. If the camera people were that bothered then they could have just called AH to tell him about it and not stuck the video online. If the club then felt that someone should be made responsible then it's their decision to make in private. This is completely unnecessary.

What a load of old :censored:e. 'Well Mr Hardy it's in the public interest'...no it isn't. The club's security policy is clearly lacking and that's in the club's interest and nobody else's. This is not some sort of display of how to get onto a plane with explosives that needs to be alerted to the public. If the camera people were that bothered then they could have just called AH to tell him about it and not stuck the video online. If the club then felt that someone should be made responsible then it's their decision to make in private. This is completely unnecessary.

I can't help but think what a bunch of sad losers.

However, you'd think that there are now enough details and evidence to prosecute them if we wish.

I can't help but think what a bunch of sad losers.

However, you'd think that there are now enough details and evidence to prosecute them if we wish.

what for ? open gate no braking and entering so police are not interested as no criminal offence has taken place !

would have to be a civil prosecution very expensive and likely to end in failure due to the open gate !

how do i know this regulaly have discussions with "security"/ police whilst out urbexing at numerouse locations in this country

nice to see alan hasnt changed his tune since the piss poor security was brought to his notice just before the demolition of the lookers stand ! several urbexers were able to spend several hours exploring and photographing inside the stadium with out challenge untill reports of there visit were published on variuos urbex websites & here

this was at the time of the repeated cable thefts around the stadium !

security non existant scrayist thing they encountered all night was the sprinklers self starting !

If anyone wants to get into any average ground they can do (you'd struggle with some bigger grounds). Three sided grounds will be a piece of piss no matter how good we set up things.

agreed old trafford and the councill house are vitualy impossible due to tight security most other grounds are fairly easy with alittle forethought there was alovely set of pictures on one of the urbex sites from the top of the floodlight towers at the reebok !

by far the best footy ground pics tho are the ones from the now derelict and slowly disintergating boothferry park very atmospheric

Edited by peanuts

What i want to know is, why is our security such a concern for this guy/company? he doesn't sound local, so im geussing not a fan of the club. What's in it for him?

Admittedly it does show the club in a poor light for not getting security right, it just seems all a little bizzare that some randomer has decided "i know, il go check the security at Boundary Park in Oldham"