Smalley to Rochdale

come on you broke into a smile?

I really dont agree with this move, I understood loaning people to Rochdale when they was in League 2 but now they are in our League I wouldnt give them a biscuit

No not really, the lad has talent, but no backbone another Tipton if ever I saw one. Lewi's proving me wrong, fair play to the lad. Smalley I guarantee won't!

come on you broke into a smile?

I really dont agree with this move, I understood loaning people to Rochdale when they was in League 2 but now they are in our League I wouldnt give them a biscuit

I would agree also if it was someone who I thought would give them the edge over us.......................... but its Smalley!

It could be a chimpanzee and you will guarantee they will do better for our rivals

Cant see it mate, I know what you are saying though.

I honestly dont think Smalley will get until he is playing Sunday league, he has decent ability but no bottle whatsoever and has to be one of the most disinterested players I have seen wear the shirt!

loan move is good for him, get him games, he either comes back to us a better player or he goes to rochdale and the people who didnt like him see the back of him, how can this be bad for us? im sure theres a clause somewhere stating he cant play against us,

I hope he does well and I hope rochdale do well, obviously I hope we do better but if another local non-money club acheives something id be over the moon!

Anyone think it's a case of half a dozen players on the transfer list that we can't get rid of, so it's a case of shunt any fringe player out on loan to get the wage bill down?

Regardless, I think it's a good move for Smalley and a real chance to prove his critics wrong. It worked for O'Grady.

I wish it was a club in a different division, but beggars can't be choosers and I think we need the wage bill trimming.

loan move is good for him, get him games, he either comes back to us a better player or he goes to rochdale and the people who didnt like him see the back of him, how can this be bad for us? im sure theres a clause somewhere stating he cant play against us,

I hope he does well and I hope rochdale do well, obviously I hope we do better but if another local non-money club acheives something id be over the moon!

Only on-loan for a month.. so that means he'll be back before we play them.. is this a attempt by PD to know rochdales tactics from the inside and will plot their downfall for 2nd November..? :wink:

He's not getting a game here and with Jones and Dikaba ahead of him for a starting position it makes sense to get him a better chance of first-team football, thats if Rochdale decide to use him, they didn't need Dale Stephens when he was there.

The lad definitely has talent, but doesn't apply himself well at all. Plus, he's a pretty dire injury record over the past 18 months. Wonderful in the air when he wants to be, but no football brain.

Keith Hill seems to get the best out of raw and potential-only talent. Could be a decent move for him because if he doesn't do so well there, then a drop down a few divisions beckons.

Credit to RoyleArmy for seeing this coming, although if Smalley is his source then he couldn't have gone far wrong!

Unlike O'Grady I'm sure that Smalley has the ability to be a good League One winger or striker (hopefully with us), but as of now he hasn't produced the goods for us so I think this deal is a good move for all parties.

I think 11 goals in 120 games pretty much proves he isn't a striker. He doesn't usually show that he has a winger's brain either by running down blind alleys with no end product. If defenders carried on running with him, he'd let them chase him half way up the Chaddy, BUT I think there is something in there that may be dragged out of him. Perhaps Keith Hill can do that but, if he doesn't, I can see young Deane dropping down the divisions into obscurity. If he does come back a better player, then it's a loan move that's worthwhile.

Good luck, son. Now work your Niagaras off and prove those of us who don't rate you to be wrong.

Seeing as it is a months loan i see it as Dickov has people higher than him in the pecking order at the minute. So ship him out to get his confidence and fitness back to his game, maybe even some bottle and a kick up the arse.

Hopefully he will come back a good player but im not holding my breath.