Who cares about Lee Hughes?

Hughes  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about Lee Hughes anymore?

• Yes
    • Yes- But only when he's playing against us.
    • No
    • I care so little, i wont vote in this poll...

Should have added the option "I care so little I won't even vote in this poll".

And yet people (and I admit I'm guilty of the same) still bump the bugger! :lol:

Might finally make RoyleArmy see sense!

The Internets have provided such a wonderful platform for people, who have nothing important to do, to prattle on about unimportant things. The only thing lamer is thinking that it's important. I never thought it could get lamer until someone created a poll about it.

The Lameness is overwhelming.

Personally I never liked him got the club alot of bad press, as far as I'm concerned stuck two fingers up at the club by leaving like he did. I know this might stupid but I don't think he got enough goals looking at the amount of chances he used to have although I don't know the stats, if memory serves me right he missed alot and as others have mentioned he was a bad influence.

as far as I'm concerned stuck two fingers up at the club by leaving like he did.

His contract expired.

What would you do? Take double the money elsewhere or work for significantly less than you have to by accepting a lower paid contract from your previous employer?

I know this might stupid but I don't think he got enough goals looking at the amount of chances he used to have although I don't know the stats, if memory serves me right he missed alot

All strikers miss chances. I doubt you'll see a better finisher in a Latics shirt for a long time. 30+ last season and a fair few this season too. 18 in his peak Latics season, even though he missed the last 7 or 8 games. Hughes the goalscorer I'd have back in a flash.

I wouldn't want his influence back though, given the team of kids that is now gracing the hallowed triangle* that is Boundary Park.

(*okay, I know it's not technically a triangle, but you get the point)

i like lee hughes as a player like every oldham fans want him back so no point in voting.

Lee Hughes Boing Boing t-shirt was a classic to watch and see LOL just a bit stupid, why donl' you keep your head down Hughesey just be carefully concentrate on what you should do on the pitch as we a tiny number of about half a dozen people want you back at Oldham.

FIFY

Edited by singe

As always Mediawatch fine the sensible amongst the gibberish:

Boing Boing Smash Smash

Mediawatch has always been troubled by the idea of players being criticised for 'inciting the crowd,' Adebayor style.

The implication is that fans who react with fury at a perceived insult to their club have absolutely no choice but to go postal, the affront to their tribal pride giving them little alternative. Of course, one might hope that a collection of adults might react rather better to a silly little boy making a silly little taunt, but maybe we're just unrealistic optimists.

One such silly little boy is Lee Hughes, who after scoring for Notts County against Wolves on Tuesday, revealed a t-shirt with 'Boing Boing', of course referring to his West Brom past, to the baying Black Country mob. Silly, perhaps, but hardly Hughes's greatest crime.

So how did a section of the Molineux goons react? By letting off a 'yellow smoke bomb' in the ground, and pelting a coach containing 140 County supporters with bricks.

According to the Wolverhampton Express And Star, a '78-year-old Notts County fan had to receive hospital treatment after her face was gashed by broken glass', while the poor sods who own said coach faced 'repair costs...expected to run up to more than £20,000.'

And all because of a t-shirt.

Lee Hughes Boing Boing t-shirt was a classic to watch and see LOL just a bit stupid, why donl' you keep your head down Hughesey just be carefully concentrate on what you should do on the pitch as we a tiny number of about half a dozen people want you back at Oldham.

FIFY

Can just clarfiy, for anyone that might be taking my jocular post the wrong way.

I have amended RA's signature, as if it is from RA to Lee Hughes. I am in no way calling RA.

I do think you aare wrong about "we" Oldham fans wanting Hughesy back, the vast majority do not. THe polls someone put up has have a dozen who are bothered.

That said, this board would be a poorer and more boring place without you RA. Carry on.