Brighton 2 - 1 Latics

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 places behind Rochdale. :disappointed: Still, at least we can laugh at Tranmere.

Couldn't listen to the commentary because my internet connection broke, did we deserve to lose? Was all that injury time justified?

Last 15min we had settled for a point, but we were coping with everything they were putting into the box (apart from the goal), Lua-Lua was a constant threat, apart from that we were good for a 1-1.

What happened with 6 mins of injury time? How long was held up on the board, does anybody know?

5 mins. They got a free kick with no time left, was blocked and went for a corner. Ref let them take it. The Ref was useless for both sides, according to LP.

89th minute - Tranmere away.

45th minute - Peterbrough away.

90th minute+ - Peterborough away.

45th minute+ - Bournemouth home.

44th minute - Brighton away.

90th minute+ - Brighton away.

There's a trend building rather rapidly that needs addressing. Conceding goals late in a half 5 times in 3 games ain't good enough.

Edited by opinions4u

There's a trend building rather rapidly that needs addressing. Conceding goals late in a half 5 times in 3 games ain't good enough.

All p'boro goals from set pieces bar 1

Bmouth goal set piece

Both Brightons goals.........

set piece

SORT IT TAGGART

Appears to be a stamina problem with some players.

Last 15min we had settled for a point, but we were coping with everything they were putting into the box (apart from the goal), Lua-Lua was a constant threat, apart from that we were good for a 1-1.

This was a player Latics should have had on loan long ago.

Prozac, is that you?... :wink:

Appears to be a stamina problem with some players.

More of a mental one in my opinion. We lack a leader on the pitch who is willing to take control.

We were comfy but to many players are making silly mistakes and its costing us at the minute.

The goal came from us not keeping the ball and then giving a stupid free kick away which was smashed against one of our players and went out for the corner from which they scored.

why the :censored: can we NEVER hang on to anything away from home??

No one ever gives us a goal in 6 mins of added time

FFS

need 3 points at wednesday now, we do make it hard for ourselves all the time.

need 3 points at wednesday now....why.... :unsure:

loads of corporal Jones on here.... :blink:

I wish people would stop bloody moaning constantly... we had a great start to the season..and now suddenly we lose 2 games and its all doom and gloom..not many teams will go to brighton this year and come away with a result.

+1

cant comment on the game as i didnt go,and im assuming a lot on here didnt go either.

there is a slight trend hitting us now with set pieces and late goals,think we need to concentrate more and get set pieces sorted out...

only our 2nd defeat of the season,would have been happy with a point bit fed up it was such a late goal,but ill wait to apportion blame until i have seen it for meself on the league one show.

I wish people would stop bloody moaning constantly... we had a great start to the season..and now suddenly we lose 2 games and its all doom and gloom..not many teams will go to brighton this year and come away with a result.

They moan because they care, the big gripes are everyone can see time and time again goals are conceded from set plays in particular and the lack of a goal poacher.

:unsure:

I tend to see the positive in things usually. I recognise some of the limitations of this Latics side and did, prior to the start of the season, forecast Brighton and Peterborough for promotion.

So losing to these sides isn't a disaster of the greatest proportions.

But conceding goals to bog standard set pieces and conceding goals in injury time suggests we have some severe concentration issues at the back.

I'd also be interested to hear the views of those who went on the substitution of Alessandra. Good decision because he was wrecked, or should he have stayed on because he's the ideal player to hold on to the ball up the field when you're under pressure?

Sorry. My moaning is not constant. Anything but.