Playoff Games

Got a feeling we will finish mid-table and miss out on the play offs, but good news for fans of northern teams.

If we did somehow make it we might take a reasonable following to somewhere so close - 15k ? Those Man U and Man C fans who have us as their 2nd team may be more inclined to make the short trip to OT..

Got a feeling we will finish mid-table and miss out on the play offs, but good news for fans of northern teams.

If we did somehow make it we might take a reasonable following to somewhere so close - 15k ? Those Man U and Man C fans who have us as their 2nd team may be more inclined to make the short trip to OT..

No its not would prefer millenium stadium. Hope we don't get to the play-off final because of this.

I don't see this will have any impact upon us, but what a shocking decision. Play-offs should be at Wembley but once again, what do League 1 and League 2 clubs matter when the Champions League is involved.

It's all well and good saying that 'it's good for northern clubs' but what about when it's between Southampton and Charlton?

Just to top it off, that will be another load of cash paid out to United for use of the stadium.

I don't see this will have any impact upon us, but what a shocking decision. Play-offs should be at Wembley but once again, what do League 1 and League 2 clubs matter when the Champions League is involved.

It's all well and good saying that 'it's good for northern clubs' but what about when it's between Southampton and Charlton?

Just to top it off, that will be another load of cash paid out to United for use of the stadium.

Precisely, its all well and good saying what a bonus for the Northern Teams, but its a very poor decision from the FA. What will happen if Leeds get to the final, I can see their fans making a right mess of OT, not to mention some other teams. It could be that all the neutral grounds are in use; Wembley for the CL (although why they've let a clash happen I don't know), Cardiff for something (possibly the speedway or even a pre RWC friendly), Twickers for the RU play-off. I suppose OT is the next biggest ground, and so they've been thinking with their wallets.

Things like this once again make me question the sense of having built a national stadium at all. The fans seemed to love the England team playing around the country and there are more than enough :censored: hot stadia about to host play-offs and the like. If you aren't getting the big day out experience that only the No 1 ground can give you then it may as well be anywhere. £1 billion down the drain.

Things like this once again make me question the sense of having built a national stadium at all. The fans seemed to love the England team playing around the country and there are more than enough :censored: hot stadia about to host play-offs and the like. If you aren't getting the big day out experience that only the No 1 ground can give you then it may as well be anywhere. £1 billion down the drain.

Agree 100% Wembley was Wembley because of the prestige of playing at the national stadium but once Old Trafford, The Riverside, Stadium of Light, St. James', Pride Park, Ricoh etc, etc, etc surpassed it in facilities for the week in week out fan; the concept and prestige of playing at Wembley became obsolete. I've been to the new Wembley and it is impressive but its not what Wembley was about, its not unique just like every other new ground I've been too (just bigger(and imo Cardiff is a far superior project for less than a third of the cost. An expensive white elephant that sucked English football dry.

Precisely, its all well and good saying what a bonus for the Northern Teams, but its a very poor decision from the FA. What will happen if Leeds get to the final, I can see their fans making a right mess of OT, not to mention some other teams. It could be that all the neutral grounds are in use; Wembley for the CL (although why they've let a clash happen I don't know), Cardiff for something (possibly the speedway or even a pre RWC friendly), Twickers for the RU play-off. I suppose OT is the next biggest ground, and so they've been thinking with their wallets.

Somehow I can't see Leeds making the League One or League Two play-off final. Them Barnet fans however could go proper mental.

Not exactly news Oldham fans should be particularly upset about anyway.

Agree 100% Wembley was Wembley because of the prestige of playing at the national stadium but once Old Trafford, The Riverside, Stadium of Light, St. James', Pride Park, Ricoh etc, etc, etc surpassed it in facilities for the week in week out fan; the concept and prestige of playing at Wembley became obsolete. I've been to the new Wembley and it is impressive but its not what Wembley was about, its not unique just like every other new ground I've been too (just bigger(and imo Cardiff is a far superior project for less than a third of the cost. An expensive white elephant that sucked English football dry.

Absolutely and now we have a situation where we are paying off a stadium by playing every FA cup semi final there for the next 25+ years for the cost it is I struggle to see its value really. Ive been there first to see muse a couple of weeks ago and to see Glossop North End in the FA Vase in 2009 it is an immensley impressive stadium however for its too expensive I'm sure English football could of made better use of that £800 million quid.

Plus having said all this if we got promoted Old Trafford, Wembley, Yeovil wherever the fact that we had won promotion would I think overide the surroundings

Would have loved it to be at Wembley if we were to get there. Went for the Challenge cup final this year for my first visit.

Cardiff is a brilliant stadium and right in the centre of Cardiff.

Old Trafford will be cheap and easy to get to but after having visited there a number of times it might lack the magic. However if there are 'thousands of blues out on the booze' it might be pretty spectacular.

Because the Oldham are going to Salford

There will be thousands of blues

out on the booze

because the Oldham are going to Salford.

Saying that we'll probably have been promoted as champions by February anyway.