Huddersfield get all the RRE!

yeah miss one of the biggest home games of the season becuase you cant go in what until a few years ago was the away stand anyway!

because going into the chaddy just makes you depressed at what its become. Main stand upper is awful - for legroom anyway. The paddock isnt much better and certainly isnt anywhere near like the Paddock on the opposite side used to be and the prospect of huddersfield fans gloating at outnumbering us doesnt fill me with much urge to go. If we still had the Lookers I wouldnt of been bothered, but the fact that the only two options to sit in are stands I hate then I wont be going. Did it the last few years when Latics made this decision, wont be doing it again. I'll just save my money for Southampton away instead.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

because going into the chaddy just makes you depressed at what its become. Main stand upper is awful - for legroom anyway. The paddock isnt much better and certainly isnt anywhere near like the Paddock on the opposite side used to be and the prospect of huddersfield fans gloating at outnumbering us doesnt fill me with much urge to go. If we still had the Lookers I wouldnt of been bothered, but the fact that the only two options to sit in are stands I hate then I wont be going. Did it the last few years when Latics made this decision, wont be doing it again. I'll just save my money for Southampton away instead.

Can see your arguement but if we can maximise match revenue then we should take the full advantage of it.

if its save money then fair enough

but had to laugh at the the comment about the chaddy end "what its become" for fooks sake, its a football stand, if everyone moved from the rochdale to the chaddy then surley an atmosphere could be generated. Makes me laugh that a stand that was/is the most well known and and was for home supporters for god knows how many years is now treated as the ugly stepchild

i suspect some dont like to move because then they cant flick the V's and throw stuff at the away fans.

poor decision again for home fans,they wont fill the whole rre so why not just give them the big part and keep latics in small part...put a lot of people off this decision

Its a poor decision from the fan's point of view but from a business point of view its absolutely the right decision. Last year we gave them all the RRE and they filled it enough to need all of it. Doing the same again this year means that

1.) The police bill is reduced

2.) Hudds fans have enough seats (they pay the same as us)

3.) We have enough seats

OK, so the odd RREer won't go but unless 1000 of them don't go the club will easily make more money this way. At board level this club is a property deal, the board stopped caring about the average fan a long time ago (and it will shortly begin to cost them more than the money they have saved over the years)

we had the same issue last season when we were getting better crowds and I was dead against giving away 48% of the ground, but the way people have walked away from the club I think we only really have ourselves to blame for the grim reality that we have to rely on other teams followings to maximise revenue

You were probably sat in Spotland on Tues night outnumbered though, eh ? ^_^

Edited by Yard Dog

As a former season ticket holder in the RRE, and these days ensconsed in the Chaddy end (primarily because of the imposed shifts from time to time), I can understand the opinions about the respective merits of the two stands - and, in my view, the RRE is vastly superior. That said, however, a fan is a fan and will support their club wherever they choose/have to sit and I cannot understand the rationale behind the comment "I'll just save my money for Southampton away instead" - how will that attitude benefit the club?

Don't give your money to the Saints - our need is greater than theirs

:applause1:

As a former season ticket holder in the RRE, and these days ensconsed in the Chaddy end (primarily because of the imposed shifts from time to time), I can understand the opinions about the respective merits of the two stands - and, in my view, the RRE is vastly superior. That said, however, a fan is a fan and will support their club wherever they choose/have to sit and I cannot understand the rationale behind the comment "I'll just save my money for Southampton away instead" - how will that attitude benefit the club?

:applause1:

I used to take the business/practical view on this in that we can't be turning money down and pehaps that was fine in the short term. In the long to medium term, this is only helping to put off the home fans even more than they already are. I don't think any club should get more than 3/4s of the Rocky.

If you think something is wrong, do you just accept it or question it?

Nothing to do with the game I suppose ...... :blink:

At a local derby, the standard of the game shouldn't affect the atmosphere. In fact, if the games crap, surely people should entertain themselves?

Brilliant attitude you have there though. If the game's crap, lets sit there in silence... :blink:

If you think something is wrong, do you just accept it or question it?

Absolutely right Jimsleftfoot - fans opinions matter and we shouldn't always accept imposition but .... the difference is that I showed my objection by switching to the Chaddy end rather than deserting the club.