3806..... Close the door on your way out !

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does anyone expect. for the vast majority of games this season we'll be looking at the 4,000 mark. The only one's that will be higher will be Hudds, wednesday, dale, southampton and Tranmere when it's boosted by a thousand plus away fans.*

*plus maybe one or two exceptions if they need a result at the end of the season.

what does anyone expect. for the vast majority of games this season we'll be looking at the 4,000 mark. The only one's that will be higher will be Hudds, wednesday, dale, southampton and Tranmere when it's boosted by a thousand plus away fans.*

*plus maybe one or two exceptions if they need a result at the end of the season.

It is not a case of what anyone expects - Oldham doesnt want a football team, the old supporters dont care anymore

The day experience is poor - the football is 3rd divisional standard but we are at that position because fans stopped turning up.

The problem isnt new it has been occuring for the last 12 years.

to add, we dont have a Billionaire owner and we cant keep thinking one will just turn up

I don't expect anything less when fans are constantly doing the club down and boasting about it. The football has been good this season and entertaining yet all I hear is negative stuff.

Why go when the club is made to be a laughing stock and unpopular to go to? Attendances are down, the club is spiraling downwards because too many people are letting it happen.

Think it's time to SUPPORT the club!! :ranting:

It is not a case of what anyone expects - Oldham doesnt want a football team, the old supporters dont care anymore

The day experience is poor - the football is 3rd divisional standard but we are at that position because fans stopped turning up and the board never really pulled their fingers out.

The problem isnt new it has been occuring for the last 12 years.

Sorted Rick

League attendances this year

Average so far, 4195 (435 down on last year)

5037 - Notts C

4180 - Yeovil - 4208

4039 - Bristol R - 3769

3912 - Bournemouth

3806 - Orient - 4061

Not hugely different from last season's gates, the 2 that came up are no big surprise. I think it's going to take longer for people to return to BP than some people might think.

We had 8.5k v Hudds (mainly their fans unfortunately), I'd expect 6.5k this time, probably the same for Sheff Weds, 6k for Dale, 5k for Tranny (unless they improve, even then not much more) 5k Saints. If the rest are 4k, we'd be around 4.4k, assuming gates don't increase at all. It was 4.6k last season of which about 100 is accounted for by the extra 2k for the hudds game.

3486 on a sat was the low point last year, 2833 for a tuesday night too.

The day experience is poor -

Precisely why only 6000 turned up last season at 2 quid a pop, I don't think we would get much more if we made it free

the football is 3rd divisional standard but we are at that position because fans stopped turning up, and because the directors did naff all about it except moan, whinge and play the sympathy card again and again and again

Fixed that bit for you. At the end of the day you need to give your paying customers something back in return for £20. I think it has gotten to a point that we simply cannot do this, whilst at Boundary Park.

I think the clubs future definitely hinges on whether Failsworth becomes a reality or not.

"the day experience"???? what a load of bollocks :lol:

when Ronnie Moore was sacked for attendances dropping to 5500 (or whatever) the place was still a :censored:hole, albeit with 4 stands where you could queue for a pint of rat piss.

it's still a :censored: hole, the "beer" still contravenes Trading Standards rules and they still run out of pies regularly

get over yourselves

Edited by HarryBosch

"the day experience"???? what a load of bollocks :lol:

when Ronnie Moore was sacked for attendances dropping to 5500 (or whatever) the place was still a :censored:hole, albeit with 4 stands where you could queue for a pint of rat piss.

it's still a :censored: hole, the "beer" still contravenes Trading Standards rules and they still run out of pies regularly

get over yourselves

Do you understand what the phrase 'the day experience' means in commercial and event management terms?

It's not just the Oldham public to blame Rick. To be honest even I am getting fed up about worrying about something I've not a jot in hell of fixing. The Oldham public have been let down and let down time and time again whilst the club have been let down and let down time and time again. I sat there in that ground today and wondered what really is the grand plan.

It's not just the Oldham public to blame Rick. To be honest even I am getting fed up about worrying about something I've not a jot in hell of fixing. The Oldham public have been let down and let down time and time again whilst the club have been let down and let down time and time again. I sat there in that ground today and wondered what really is the grand plan.

That is the issue Lags, you turn up week after week- the fans that have made the decision to not support that club anymore are the ones who 'IF' the day comes the doors are locked have to look back and think

'What if I and my mates had continuing going'

That is the issue Lags, you turn up week after week- the fans that have made the decision to not support that club anymore are the ones who 'IF' the day comes the doors are locked have to look back and think

'What if I and my mates had continuing going'

Hold on Rick you've missed out the club letting down the fans time and time again bit!!!!

Edited by Lags

no, and I don't want to either.

sounds like a horrible Americanism

Not at all, nothing amercian about the sentiment !!

The fan comes at 14:50 and leaves at 17:00 on match days and has very little to spend their money on. The fan doesnt want to arrive and leave at any different time because there is nothing for them to do.

So many times I have heard - the footy was a lads day out - we only came for the beer and laugh, the football was always secondary ! The football is now not even in the top ten for these 'lads' things to do.

Hold on Rick you've missed out the club letting down the fans time and time again bit!!!!

I can see both sides

Regarding our fans, some need a reality check big time. There are still people who attend who think that we are playing below our station in this league and have a right to win every game four or five nill, when the reality is we are probably playing at least one division above our station.

But on the other hand, I think the clubs attitude towards the fans has been disgusting at times. Prime example, last season, when Alan Hardy effectively blamed the fans for the wage budget having to be reduced, and the constant whinging by directors about the attendance, playing the sympathy/blackmail card again and again and again, instead of trying to make the most of the facilities we did have and try to make the matchday experience as enjoyable as we possibly could.

Everyone will have their own opinions on when it changed. For me, whatever atmosphere we had died when we knocked the lookers down. At least before this we had a four sided ground, and somewhere (Clayton Arms) where fans could get a pint or two, even if the taste was comparable to canal water.

The fan comes at 14:50 and leaves at 17:00 on match days and has very little to spend their money on. The fan doesnt want to arrive and leave at any different time because there is nothing for them to do.

So many times I have heard - the footy was a lads day out - we only came for the beer and laugh, the football was always secondary ! The football is now not even in the top ten for these 'lads' things to do.

And sweet FA has been done to address this

what?

Everyone will have their own opinions on when it changed. For me, whatever atmosphere we had died when we knocked the lookers down. At least before this we had a four sided ground, and somewhere (Clayton Arms) where fans could get a pint or two, even if the taste was comparable to canal water.

Indeed however, it was the promise why it was being knocked down and the MASSIVE u turn there after, that was the last nail in many a coffin. The realisation that this was the start of the same old, the feeling of being duped again starting to creep into fans minds.

Edited by Lags