3806..... Close the door on your way out !

Is it a coincidence that our performances have dipped now that stephens has gone off the boil?

Yep, of the games I've been to he hasnt played well since Notts County @ home.

I'd put Jarrett in the midfield personally.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what to say...

If you try to point out why you don't come anymore you get shot down by the other people, accused of trying to undermine the club and no one at the club is listening anyway or so it feels like and I doubt anyone at the club is in a position to do anything about it anyway given the money situation and the 10 or so years we have been trying to move...

Its all past mistakes... Mistake after mistake after mistake... I don't know how it gets put right...

I forgot we was playing today... Checked the score at 7pm...

I know before anyone says it...I should stop posting...

Edited by oafc0000

I say heads down and stop worrying about it. People just don't want to come anymore, so feck 'em. The club has done all they can to get fans back, but no ones biting. There's nothing more we can do.

It's sad, but the club will just have to cut their cloth accordingly. It's awful, people moaning every week about the attendance but we've just got to accept the situation, because it seems there's nothing we can do about it.

I say heads down and stop worrying about it. People just don't want to come anymore, so feck 'em. The club has done all they can to get fans back, but no ones biting. There's nothing more we can do.

It's sad, but the club will just have to cut their cloth accordingly. It's awful, people moaning every week about the attendance but we've just got to accept the situation, because it seems there's nothing we can do about it.

To an extent you are right but how do you see us going in the next 3-5 years their seems very little vision from those that own the club. TTA have succeeded in one thing and that is letting us down which has lead to far to many people thinking whats the point. As lags points out what is the grand plan?

People have stopped going because the whole experience is crap....it is no longer an enjoyable experience and the only people who go now are the die hards who have almost blind faith. The honeymoon period effect of a new manager has almost evaporated and although the effort and workrate has improved the football thats two home games on the trot where we have been generally pretty poor.

I sat next to a retired chap in the RRE today who has been going since year dot, both his sons had been season ticket holders for a good few years and had both stopped attending. The guy said he still goes because he's always gone and it's sort of automatic but the match experience is terrible. All his Saturday mates have long gone since the Lookers was demolished and it seems like your sat with a load of strangers in the RRE.

I tried to get a £20 ticket for the main stand today but had to get in a bloody great queue of fans who were buying a ticket for the Rochdale away game...this is typical Latics for you......p*ss up and brewery spring to mind!!!

If we can't drag ourselves into the 21st century, and quickly, Im afraid we will be finished as a football club....FACT!!!!!

I hate this too, my Dad sits in the main stand, I went in there a couple of games ago but after spending 20 minutes in a queue I got my ticket and sat down in the place I thought it was (only to then have to move as the seat I was in wasn't properly numbered- heaven help the club if we get a game we have to issue tickets for) and so moved up a couple of seats. Having spent too long in the queue (amongst people buying tickets for other games- the Wednesday one mainly) I decided that I'm not doing that again and would rather spend the extra 20 minutes in the Clayton Green. The home only end doesn't have a bar (it has a bookies which is obviously more important), the back of the RRE where you can get a drink doesn't have a cover over it. The Main Stand has a bar, with Sky Sports but it takes ages getting served and is very cramped. The fact the main stand has a bar with sky sports would get a lot of people interested in spending their money in there as opposed to the other local pubs but very few people can be bothered to queue for ages to buy a ticket when they can simply hand cash over elsewhere.

Some of the problems the club has stem from when JW Lees owned it and it was run by Stott who was seemingly more interested in playing the big-wig at the FA than running Oldham. The main stand was refurbished on the cheap, as was the Chaddy, we got portakabins for Exec boxes, meaning that unlike a lot of other local clubs they only really get used for match days. Then the property developers move in, we get the stand with the best bar, decent views, reasonable leg-room (I've got amazingly short legs but I struggle in the main stand), a decent singing mix and the kids facilities torn down. The Clayton arms gets torn down too. Now the worrying trend of playing all our big home games on a Tuesday night, meaning that the youngsters (nevermind the exiles) who come only get to see the no-mark teams from down south (plus maybe the odd one who has a bit of recent prestige), plus it probably knocks towards 1000 of the gate. So they don't get to experience that frisson in the air that the bigger games have, thus helping retain a few more. Not to mention when they tried to move the kick-offs in June.

£20 is very expensive to watch League 1 football, when compared to some of the prices in the Prem (especially some of the local teams), but when you compare it to other prices in League 1 it isn't that bad. However, £20 to watch football in a stadium where to have a chance of getting an alcoholic drink and staying dry (especially at this time of year) means queuing up for 20 minutes is pushing it a bit (thus getting wet). Why don't the club try letting people in for the main stand on the day no queuing, if that means the WAGs and other freebies don't get to sit in their usual spots then sobeit.

*Incidentally this is in no way a slight against the people in the ticket office, but to have only 2 ticket windows (another thing lost when the Lookers got pulled down) for all that pre-match custom is not even non-league level.

It seems everyone is thinking that the clubs struggled over the last 15 years which means we are in this mess !

Question:

Who has been responsible for the club and its direction of the last 15 years ?

Second Question:

Is replying to emails to fans quickly more important to a CEO than ensuring the club is run correctly and to the benefit of the club?

I have been told a lot of people are upset at the moment because they have been getting free tickets for the last 10 years and now all that as been stopped ! Why have so many people been getting free tickets for so long?

Can New York boss or the fans rep answer my last questions? How much money has the club lost in this time?

It seems everyone is thinking that the clubs struggled over the last 15 years which means we are in this mess !

Question:

Who has been responsible for the club and its direction of the last 15 years ?

Second Question:

Is replying to emails to fans quickly more important to a CEO than ensuring the club is run correctly and to the benefit of the club?

I have been told a lot of people are upset at the moment because they have been getting free tickets for the last 10 years and now all that as been stopped ! Why have so many people been getting free tickets for so long?

Can New York boss or the fans rep answer my last questions? How much money has the club lost in this time?

Newyork boss has long gone he has severed ties so good luck getting a response from him however, that is the problem the ceo can only deal with what he is given the owners are the ones who have the biggest say.

In answer to your question I would imagine that the club has lost money every year, year on year since 1995 which was a temporay blip between 1990 and 1995 as that was one of the rare times OAFC made any money the previous 100 years plus we would have been losing money hand over fist year on year.

Newyork boss has long gone he has severed ties so good luck getting a response from him however, that is the problem the ceo can only deal with what he is given the owners are the ones who have the biggest say.

In answer to your question I would imagine that the club has lost money every year, year on year since 1995 which was a temporay blip between 1990 and 1995 as that was one of the rare times OAFC made any money the previous 100 years plus we would have been losing money hand over fist year on year.

strange as over 200 free tickets have been given out over the last 15 years every game and I have been told the club have recently enjoyed a success from the carpark that is makeing 100% more money than normal.

The commercial side of the club is socking, the club shop has been shocking until this time last year, £0000's as been wasted on free tickets when the club has been begging for fans to turn up on matchdays and it seems even the carpark was losing money?

The CEO is responsible for looking after all this isnt he? Nevermind, he did post a few tickets to fans personally and he does reply back to fans emails.

TTA have made mistakes that is evident but we have been struggling for longer than the last 7 years.

"the day experience"???? what a load of bollocks :lol:

when Ronnie Moore was sacked for attendances dropping to 5500 (or whatever) the place was still a :censored:hole, albeit with 4 stands where you could queue for a pint of rat piss.

it's still a :censored: hole, the "beer" still contravenes Trading Standards rules and they still run out of pies regularly

get over yourselves

I said it on June 1st 2006 and I'll say it again...the day the club gave in and died...

i still go latics home and away but its starting to feel like a choir going to boundry park. Why? Have some stomach man and do what proper fans do...see it through! The ONLY way to get attendances bumped up is if we move out of boundry park. Absolutely diabolical :censored:e!

There is nothing appealing about going to boundry park. Because the owners have stripped eveything! Even down to mascots now having to afford their own kit ands their own tickets for parents to come inYou sit in the stands looking at the terrible run down stadiumOnly terrible and run down as I had to put in the handicaps. There is not even anything for kids to do now at half time, they used to have the boundry blues area where they can play on playstations etc but now they sit with parents bored whilst the parent has a pint or what ever.

im concerned with the way we are going and im worrying week by week about if this club will still be here for my children to support OAFC.

If we move fans will come back and to be honest they wouldnt have an excuse about the quailty on show like last season.

We need more appealing suuroundings for our fans before they start to come back.

Last one out turn off the lights please.........

the away results arent helping. and the last 2 games have been drawn when clearly they were there for the winning.

sheff wed and orient. people arent stupid they can see from the results the team isnt on top form.

It just seems such a shame that the people that are still going are people like the cantankerous old c*nt who had a set-to with my dad in the Main Stand paddock (Chaddy end side) about three rows up. Stood on his own with two seats either side of him and got the right hump when we asked if we could sit in the vacant seats. "I've been here since half two and you both come sauntering up and just sit there" was his quite unbelievable reply. And he even got aggressive ("What are you lookin' at?!") when I politely asked him what his issue actually was. I suppose the club can't do anything about nesbits like that really but I thought I'd share.

Anyway, what I really want to know was why was the bring-a-mate-for-a-fiver offer not redeemable on the turnstiles? I mean, how logistically hard is it for a turnstile operator to accept a voucher and ask the person for five quid? I just don't think the club help themselves when even something like a person who's a bit slow getting his money out at one of the two ticket office windows causes a complete backlog of queuers.

As for the low crowd, since the club announced the departure of Blitz and the lesser-spotted Gazal and consequently the lack of day-to-day funding, little news on the stadium move, budgets being cut and the general decay of Boundary Park then it comes as no suprise. BP just isn't an inviting place these days, and whilst the football is a little bit better to watch than last season, it'll take a monumental run of form in the league to bring those lapsed people back.

Which ain't going to happen anytime soon.

I seriously doubt that

I don't expect anything less when fans are constantly doing the club down and boasting about it. The football has been good this season and entertaining yet all I hear is negative stuff.

Why go when the club is made to be a laughing stock and unpopular to go to? Attendances are down, the club is spiraling downwards because too many people are letting it happen.

Think it's time to SUPPORT the club!! :ranting:

The football has not really been that good though has it? Yesterday was another example of a tedious match with long periods of dull play suddenly livened up by a few minutes of excitement. So far we have drawn three games at home and those games provided very little in the way of good or entertaining football. Even the Bournemouth victory was a late rally by the team.

I could point out a number of 'negatives' about our play - poor play creeping back following a bright start - but I'll save that for another thread I think :wink:

People seem to forget that the TTA have put more money in to the playing side each year than revenue was taken.

I think it should be put into yearly figures to realise how much they have put into the club.

Why it has not worked is probably the reason.

I'd say spending on over rated journeymen to try and get out of this division.

And success is the only way to guarantee to get bigger crowds.

Anyone who says the TTA (and now TOA) have not tried has a very short memory.

It is easy with hindsight to cast the blame, and some on here are desperate to blame anyone.

It's a multitude of factors not just one.

Edited by singe

There are lots and lots of reasons why crowds are very low - I think poor facilities and a 3-sided ground are way down on that list of reasons, and are used as excuses by people who simply can't be arsed watching below-average L1 football in a poor atmosphere without their football-going mates who nearly all drifted away between 95 and 2000

As one of the non attenders for most games this year I chucked with dad a bit of cash in latics direction to pay for 3 junior blues tickets. So feel I can add my 10p worth.

Most of what has happened at BP since the play off defeat has indicated a club in decline. Although hindsight is a great thing knocking down the lookers an unmitigated disaster. A mate sent a picture from game yesterday it looked worse than a non leauge club. The debate about Eaves is a well discussed one but friends perceive latics as a club who simply will never compete properly again and have to sell simply to keep wolf from door but nothing has changed its just the differentials are greater between the haves and have nots. The likes of Brandy at United illustrate it perfectly Eaves to some extent happy to sign a 5 year deal then happy to vanish into the lower reaches of a Bolton.

Only possible way for increased support is RESULTS RESULTS AND RESULTS and a fairy Godfather. Appears the honeymoon period for PD has shortened and the hard yards start. Feel for the bloke and wont blame him one bit when he takes a jump elsewhere, 4 points off Tranmere in 4th bottom says it all. Promise, enthusiasm one thing results another. Players are not taking responsibility on pitch. Last years performances did the damage. I have to be honest and say I havent missed the games as much as I thought. Cost for many a key element but dont believe the big factor football in the Sky era has flooded on tv and to easy to watch highlights.

The stadium well like many more will only start to believe it when its up and in use. Failsworth still chokes me and its the one TTA judgement I really question as a panic measure. TTA deserve all the good wishes but the general direction of the club is not looking good. IF the press suddenly reported back in admin would anyone really be surprised.

With blame in mind I think Sky the main factor the distribution of wealth and the greedy clubs make it almost impossible for a club like latics to have dreams again. Of course some statistical anomalies but in general big clubs just get bigger.

or 3 off 3rd

the bottom line is that the fans who aren't coming might not have to make these excuses before too long as there'll be no club - indirectly for a number of reasons but DIRECTLY as a result of their non attendance

for that reason alone they should all grin and bear everything and make a concerted effort to get themselves to as many home matches as possible

Edited by HarryBosch

It just seems such a shame that the people that are still going are people like the cantankerous old c*nt who had a set-to with my dad in the Main Stand paddock (Chaddy end side) about three rows up. Stood on his own with two seats either side of him and got the right hump when we asked if we could sit in the vacant seats. "I've been here since half two and you both come sauntering up and just sit there" was his quite unbelievable reply. And he even got aggressive ("What are you lookin' at?!") when I politely asked him what his issue actually was. I suppose the club can't do anything about nesbits like that really but I thought I'd share.

Anyway, what I really want to know was why was the bring-a-mate-for-a-fiver offer not redeemable on the turnstiles? I mean, how logistically hard is it for a turnstile operator to accept a voucher and ask the person for five quid? I just don't think the club help themselves when even something like a person who's a bit slow getting his money out at one of the two ticket office windows causes a complete backlog of queuers.

As for the low crowd, since the club announced the departure of Blitz and the lesser-spotted Gazal and consequently the lack of day-to-day funding, little news on the stadium move, budgets being cut and the general decay of Boundary Park then it comes as no suprise. BP just isn't an inviting place these days, and whilst the football is a little bit better to watch than last season, it'll take a monumental run of form in the league to bring those lapsed people back.

Which ain't going to happen anytime soon.

I agree totally with this point.

I have long maintainted that SC or AH should do a blog, along the lines of Mike Newton, but just cut out the negative and blame stuff.

I appreciate SC has a lot on his plate, but it is time to look for leadership as well as all the financial things being looked after.

I am not a pessimist.

We are 3 from 3rd as Harry ponited out, and with 15 mins to go v Orient we were in the play off spot and a point of an auto spot.

We have had a lot of money inversted in us, meanign we have pnched above our weight for a long time.

We have plans for an excellent self sustaining (hopefully) stadium. Of course, we cannt ignore the debate about location, but I have yet to see a solid fact on this,

We just have taken far longer to get there, and all credit for at least one of the TTA for staying when it would have been much easier to walk.

Things are not perfect, but I am sure a judicous player or two could transform things. At the club have a good record of putting money in in january, even if this year is tricky.

The main problem, pepple are less patient these days.

But remember how long it took our most successful manager to get things right, lets hope PD stays somewhere near that time. At least if he does a Dowie, he can rightly say he operated on a shoe string.

I have long maintainted that SC or AH should do a blog, along the lines of Mike Newton, but just cut out the negative and blame stuff.

I appreciate SC has a lot on his plate, but it is time to look for leadership as well as all the financial things being looked after.

This is the big problem nobody seems to know whats going on anymore than their is no direction from the top

Are Blitz and Gazal actively trying to sell their stake in the club?

Are we making any progress on Failsworth?

Is their a chance that we will enter administration next year if we can't find an investor?

What does the trust director actually do?

If we entered administration how would this effect the trusts role within the club?

BB80 posted a thread a month or two back about alot of questions and no answers coming from the club this still remains the case