3806..... Close the door on your way out !

Everyone will have their own opinions on when it changed. For me, whatever atmosphere we had died when we knocked the lookers down. At least before this we had a four sided ground, and somewhere (Clayton Arms) where fans could get a pint or two, even if the taste was comparable to canal water.

Indeed however, it was the promise why it was being knocked down and the MASSIVE u turn there after, that was the last nail in many a coffin. The realisation that this was the start of the same old, the feeling of being duped again starting to creep into fans minds.

Yup, I bumped into the guy who sat behind me in the lookers for 15 yrs who is no longer a season ticket holder. The above was a large factor in him not renewing, and life under Penney was the last straw for him last season. This is a guy who has been coming for years too.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone will have their own opinions on when it changed. For me, whatever atmosphere we had died when we knocked the lookers down. At least before this we had a four sided ground, and somewhere (Clayton Arms) where fans could get a pint or two, even if the taste was comparable to canal water.

Indeed however, it was the promise why it was being knocked down and the MASSIVE u turn there after, that was the last nail in many a coffin. The realisation that this was the start of the same old, the feeling of being duped again starting to creep into fans minds.

there was just the small matter of the global financial meltdown and the credit crunch like but, carry on..............

where do I say it isn't?

You say the clubs poor attendances is in part due due the finanical meltdown. This may be at best 5% of the problem. I bet if you looked at the overall attendance figures and how we have ranked in league over the past 10 years - you would see a steady decline in our position! Where are all the statoes when you need one?

You say the clubs poor attendances is in part due due the finanical meltdown. This may be at best 5% of the problem. I bet if you looked at the overall attendance figures and how we have ranked in league over the past 10 years - you would see a steady decline in our position! Where are all the statoes when you need one?

no I don't (????)

i still go latics home and away but its starting to feel like a choir going to boundry park. The ONLY way to get attendances bumped up is if we move out of boundry park.

There is nothing appealing about going to boundry park. You sit in the stands looking at the terrible run down stadium. There is not even anything for kids to do now at half time, they used to have the boundry blues area where they can play on playstations etc but now they sit with parents bored whilst the parent has a pint or what ever.

im concerned with the way we are going and im worrying week by week about if this club will still be here for my children to support OAFC.

If we move fans will come back and to be honest they wouldnt have an excuse about the quailty on show like last season.

We need more appealing suuroundings for our fans before they start to come back.

i still go latics home and away but its starting to feel like a choir going to boundry park. The ONLY way to get attendances bumped up is if we move out of boundry park.

There is nothing appealing about going to boundry park. You sit in the stands looking at the terrible run down stadium. There is not even anything for kids to do now at half time, they used to have the boundry blues area where they can play on playstations etc but now they sit with parents bored whilst the parent has a pint or what ever.

im concerned with the way we are going and im worrying week by week about if this club will still be here for my children to support OAFC.

If we move fans will come back and to be honest they wouldnt have an excuse about the quailty on show like last season.

We need more appealing suuroundings for our fans before they start to come back.

bollocks.

we need a winning team playing attractive football.

bollocks.

last season was dreadful and negative tactics and negative play was the kind of football people turned away from and thats when the attendances well and truly dropped.

this season we are playing attractive and attacking football. remeber we have only lost two.

like i have been saying i wouldnt mind if we shown 100% effort and get beat at least the effort was there !

there is no pleasing latics fans !!!!!

bollocks.

Granted a winning team would improve attendances ever so slightly!However, if you think the state of boundary park and the general matchday experience has nothing to do low attendences you are seriously deluded young man :wink:

last season was dreadful and negative tactics and negative play was the kind of football people turned away from and thats when the attendances well and truly dropped.

this season we are playing attractive and attacking football. remeber we have only lost two.

like i have been saying i wouldnt mind if we shown 100% effort and get beat at least the effort was there !

there is no pleasing latics fans !!!!!

I think we started off in this vein but performances have dipped imo, let's hope it's just a lull.

Granted a winning team would improve attendances ever so slightly!However, if you think the state of boundary park and the general matchday experience has nothing to do low attendences you are seriously deluded young man :wink:

ok, you've got me there.

i always remember being torn over what gave me more pleasure - beating Arsenal 3-1 or the fantastic facilities I got to watch it in.

People have stopped going because the whole experience is crap....it is no longer an enjoyable experience and the only people who go now are the die hards who have almost blind faith. The honeymoon period effect of a new manager has almost evaporated and although the effort and workrate has improved the football thats two home games on the trot where we have been generally pretty poor.

I sat next to a retired chap in the RRE today who has been going since year dot, both his sons had been season ticket holders for a good few years and had both stopped attending. The guy said he still goes because he's always gone and it's sort of automatic but the match experience is terrible. All his Saturday mates have long gone since the Lookers was demolished and it seems like your sat with a load of strangers in the RRE.

I tried to get a £20 ticket for the main stand today but had to get in a bloody great queue of fans who were buying a ticket for the Rochdale away game...this is typical Latics for you......p*ss up and brewery spring to mind!!!

If we can't drag ourselves into the 21st century, and quickly, Im afraid we will be finished as a football club....FACT!!!!!

yeah we started great but this blip is still alot better than last seasons performance.

2 defeats from most probably the two best teams i have seen upto now.

Is it a coincidence that our performances have dipped now that stephens has gone off the boil?

yeah we started great but this blip is still alot better than last seasons performance.

2 defeats from most probably the two best teams i have seen upto now.

I might be wrong but didnt we have 15 points after 10 games last season. A point more than we currently have. Performances may be better (sometimes) but current we're below what we managed last season.