3806..... Close the door on your way out !

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spotted Billy Urmson consigned to the back of the main stand rather than the directors box recently, what a way to treat someone who gave his all for the club while he was here

Are we THAT desperate? could we ever be THAT desperate?

I noticed that the Director's Box yesterday was 90% empty. it's not as if there are no empty seats in the ground at present! Has the club got any respect?

Billy must have felt humiliated, but being the nice guy he is he wouldn't have made any fuss.

also, the club should take a risk and let people in for cheap for a big game against a team like huddersfield, sheffield wednesday, or even rochdale. not that they would, but a big crowd could spur the players on and a win would bring some of those fans back..

2500 (?) ST holders - no difference in revenue

1500 Pay-on-the day - knock it down to £15, "our" fans save 1500 x £3 / £5 - approx £6k lost revenue (average £4)

2500 from hudds / sheff w - the club loses £10k from them.

£16k overall reduction on a 6500 gate. You'd get the same revenue with 5650 gates at normal prices.

It's better to do offers against teams that won't bring many, that way the bulk of the discount losses go to latics fans. having said which, offers don't seem to work much and most of the losses will be for people who would have come anyway. We get 1500 (?) that are turning up and paying, if prices are dropped 25%, you'd need 2000 people paying to get the same revenue.

Did we get a 33% increase at £10 a game? And it does run the risk of devaluing the ST price.

the place was a :censored:hole last time we were playing well and doing well - yet we didn't get these low attendances & we didn't get these threads.

face it - we've developed a strain of glory hunter just like we've always loved to hate.

END OF.

every club has its glory hunters, that isnt the reason for the fall in attendance

I know people may laugh but i have heard one or two older supporters stopped coming to the came when the club first introduced a smoking ban (before it became a law) i do not smoke it seems while are club is doing well to bring alot of familes and younger supporters in i feelmaybe we have pushed some of the older supporters away.

When i was younger i can remember coming to the ground with my Dad, my older Brother and then my Neighbour. Easy thing was there use to be a special football bus mainly it was full of OAPS who could go get a drink at the Clayton Arms.

The club is right to issue vouchers to schools, clubs but maybe we should hand them out to nursing homes, residental homes and look at maybe putting on special buses again if there is demand there. £4.10 DAYSAVER is a rip off but thats not the clubs fault but maybe if one of the smaller companies like Stotts could run a bus from Oldham, Rochdale, £2.50 return or something bring fans to and from the games leaving a set times.

the place was a :censored:hole last time we were playing well and doing well - yet we didn't get these low attendances & we didn't get these threads.

face it - we've developed a strain of glory hunter just like we've always loved to hate.

END OF.

It's one weird kind of glory hunter that's watched Latics at any stage in the lasst generation.

END OF.

So true...as I said to a few people yesterday during the game, I bet there were a number of people who came to the Latics yesterday to pick up tickets for Dale and then got in their cars and drove off and didn't bother with the Orient game. These are the "Everton" sorts...we're getting 4,600 (approx guess at that time) at home yet take 5,500 to Everton...

Edited by boundaryblue80

What has the club done apart from the odd special offer to get fans back through the door and keep them coming back? How have they tried to improve the whole matchday experience? Have they made any improvements to the facilities? Have they tried any other offers apart from the odd reduced admission game and a 3 for 30 quid?

To the best of my knowledge, the answers were no, no, no and no.

Said it at the time...will say it again...the decision to not do an offer when Joe came back for those 9 games was just stupidity beyond belief. 4 home games, playoff hopes still alive (albeit, dinted after the MKScum game) and we couldn't do, let's say, 4 games for £40 offer? The chance to see big Joe for 4 games at that price would've sold...why pay £20 for the 1 game vs the Tramps when you could get 4 games for £40? Not only that, by the end of the 2nd of those games our playoffs hopes were over as we blew it vs Posh, however the club would've still had the money for the last 2 games off those fans who only wanted to watch us push for playoffs (and the food, programmes bought in the last 2 games they probably wouldn't have attended otherwise.)

It was win win...but nope, we sat on our hands and didn't capitalise. We can go wherever, Failsworth, or the moon...but with the attitudes from within it'll only be a matter of time before we're dead and buried.

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's one weird kind of glory hunter that's watched Latics at any stage in the lasst generation.

ok, "glory" might be too strong a word but we took 6000 to Everton, crowds were always way up during the play off seasons and way down when we've been crap like last season.

if we're top of the league in April/May do you honestly think we'd still only be getting 3806?

So true...as I said to a few people yesterday during the game, I bet there were a number of people who came to the Latics yesterday to pick up tickets for Dale and then got in their cars and drove off and didn't bother with the Orient game. These are the "Everton" sorts...we're getting 4,600 (approx guess at that time) at home yet take 5,500 to Everton...

I think the question that the club needs to answer and address is why fans prefer the big away game to home games. Why is it we can take as many to the Gayfarm as we get into BP? That suggests that the support is there but for some reason people choose not to come or the club are not tapping into that support.

I think the question that the club needs to answer and address is why fans prefer the big away game to home games. Why is it we can take as many to the Gayfarm as we get into BP? That suggests that the support is there but for some reason people choose not to come or the club are not tapping into that support.

1.) Booze (its a day out and you can still be home in time to hit your pub/club of choice)

2.) For some Oldham "fans", living in OMBC, its closer.

3.) Its a decent stadium (help funded by the local council), where you can get an alcoholic drink.

4.) For some its cheaper (I'm fairly certain it was over 60 for a discount and they did student discounts without having to bother getting a cheap bit of plastic).

5.) Atmosphere

There's probably a few more reasons too. This year we'll have more away fans at an away game than we have home fans at a game.

ok, "glory" might be too strong a word but we took 6000 to Everton, crowds were always way up during the play off seasons and way down when we've been crap like last season.

if we're top of the league in April/May do you honestly think we'd still only be getting 3806?

If we are in with a shout of promotion then I'll probably turn up and if that makes me a glory hunter then so be it. The way I hear things there are plenty that would rather have the same 3806 every week rather than take money from people who pay to see more attractive games from time to time.