regarding the kids voucher initiative.

'Vouchers must be exchanged at the club’s ticket office to claim a free under-16 ticket plus a £10 adult ticket, which can be used for home games against Colchester (October 16), Plymouth (October 30) and Exeter (November 23). '

THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM!!

A GREAT initative........

BUT

what damn need is there for people to have to make time during their busy working week and from distances such as manchester etc to have to exchange vouchers for tickets??

What is wrong with the parent paying £10 cash when bringing their child along showing the voucher when entering via the turnstiles?? What need is their to exchange all this for tickets?

Sums up the tired thinking of the board for years regards marketing etc, lacks complete sense and logic.

Also, can I ask why everywhere in the ground home fans can pay cash, but main stand upper locating fans (inc. myself) are needed to qeue up before every game to buy a ticket instead of simply walking to the turnstile and handing over £20?

Big games which need to be all ticket, yep totally fair enough, but any other game, really what is the need of this??

What happened to putting in leaflets/flyers/page ads into the oldham chronicel/advertiser/MEN advertising playershare or any upcoming game offers etc? - Like people have said, we give the club ideas but nothing, in the main, gets done based on fans ideas, then the club wonders why there is an apathy amongst the 'floating' fans when deciding not to attend games....

Edited by shefflatic

'Vouchers must be exchanged at the club’s ticket office to claim a free under-16 ticket plus a £10 adult ticket, which can be used for home games against Colchester (October 16), Plymouth (October 30) and Exeter (November 23). '

BUT

what damn need is there for people to have to make time during their busy working week and from distances such as manchester etc to have to exchange vouchers for tickets??

What is wrong with the parent paying £10 cash when bringing their child alomg showing the voucher when entering via the turnstiles?? What need is their to exchange all this for tickets?

Also, can I ask why everywhere in the ground home fans can pay cash, but main stand upper locating fans (inc. myself) are needed to qeue up before every game to buy a ticket instead of simply walking to the turnstile and handing over £20?

Big games which need to be all ticket, yep totally fair enough, but any other game, really what is the need of this??

Sums up the tired thinking of the board for years regards marketing etc, lacks complete sense and logic.

Main Stand Upper is usually the most ful part of the ground, so less seats available

I've long since said if the people wont walk up the mountain....give um a lift. Drive to the schools on a given day, collect their cash and give um the tickets. Sell them in the town centre or out of a van on the estates where vouchers can also be dished out. Make it so accessable for tickets and the reductions on offer it becomes easy for the lazy gits. Or those without the time too. Or those who say the reduction is taken away in travel to BP costs.

I've long since said if the people wont walk up the mountain....give um a lift. Drive to the schools on a given day, collect their cash and give um the tickets. Sell them in the town centre or out of a van on the estates where vouchers can also be dished out. Make it so accessable for tickets and the reductions on offer it becomes easy for the lazy gits. Or those without the time too. Or those who say the reduction is taken away in travel to BP costs.

totally agree.

It is obvious that presently 'they aren't coming to us' so...... we have to go to them. As said previosly, i do not question the hard work and care that all the directors have and do do for the club, but their mindset and logical thinking regarding marketing etc and the psycology of the modern day fan has to be questioned and maybe younger blood brought in alongside their hard graft.

It doesnt take too much to run up a draft copy of a letter all kids can take home to their parent (the same as is done in every school in Oldham regardings trips) that gets returned with a signature and money. The thing that gets me about this is there's bound to be at least one Latics fan who works in every school in the borough so why not ask those to deal with it. Offer said teacher a reward for their time also. Simple.

There are five staff who are Latics fans at the school i'm at and the only time we ever see tickets being given out are when Sport Dev. have been in. There is one or two little lads who've just started in year 7 who i've found out are Latics fan. Neither of them go.

It's what happened at my school in dale. 50 tickets a week for each home game. Teacher was one of only two dale fans. The other was an alcy technology teacher who was never in on a tuesday or wednesday when dale had played at home or away. He used to distribute first and foremost to the kids he knew supported dale. Then the other 30 or so tickets would go to kids he thought would make best use of the tickets. As it is, a big portion of the lads I went dale with from school still go and are only fans of the club because of said teachers work in distributing the tickets. The rest are all there at the bigger games dale play.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

It doesnt take too much to run up a draft copy of a letter all kids can take home to their parent (the same as is done in every school in Oldham regardings trips) that gets returned with a signature and money. The thing that gets me about this is there's bound to be at least one Latics fan who works in every school in the borough so why not ask those to deal with it. Offer said teacher a reward for their time also. Simple.

There are five staff who are Latics fans at the school i'm at and the only time we ever see tickets being given out are when Sport Dev. have been in. There is one or two little lads who've just started in year 7 who i've found out are Latics fan. Neither of them go.

It's what happened at my school in dale. 50 tickets a week for each home game. Teacher was one of only two dale fans. The other was an alcy technology teacher who was never in on a tuesday or wednesday when dale had played at home or away. He used to distribute first and foremost to the kids he knew supported dale. Then the other 30 or so tickets would go to kids he thought would make best use of the tickets. As it is, a big portion of the lads I went dale with from school still go and are only fans of the club because of said teachers work in distributing the tickets. The rest are all there at the bigger games dale play.

Edited by RobOAFC

I suggested this a while back Lags, it falls on deaf ears or you get pathetic excuses, to me it seems easier to do some of these things than to think up the excuses not to! Part of the reason we've lost 2,505 fans on average since the end of the 03/04 season! Many fans think the club doesn't give a toss, so why should I?

BUT

What is wrong with the parent paying £10 cash when bringing their child along showing the voucher when entering via the turnstiles?? What need is their to exchange all this for tickets?

What happened to putting in leaflets/flyers/page ads into the oldham chronicel/advertiser/MEN advertising playershare or any upcoming game offers etc? - Like people have said, we give the club ideas but nothing, in the main, gets done based on fans ideas, then the club wonders why there is an apathy amongst the 'floating' fans when deciding not to attend games....

The only reason i can think of why they have to exchange them for tickets is say there was a dodgy guy working on the turnstiles, he could take 20 vouchers with him to the game and when a fan pays the normal £20 cash entrance fee he puts a voucher in the till and pockets the other £10.

I agree these vouchers should be distributed to a wider area, i live in middleton and other than going to a game never hear or see anything in local papers about latics and im only 2 miles from bp.

I agree these vouchers should be distributed to a wider area, i live in middleton and other than going to a game never hear or see anything in local papers about latics and im only 2 miles from bp.

Unfortunately Middleton comes under Rochdale and as such we cant work there same with other areas. Football in the Community programmes have always agreed they wont work on another clubs patch.

If its against the FA rules then fair enuff (the rules need changing)

Whilst not ideal it does sometimes work in our favour. This agreement means that City in the Community and the United Foundation have not yet ventured into Oldham and on occasions in the not to distant pass where there have been opportunities for them to, a little reminder of this unwritten rule has prevented it which is good news for us!

Edited by Seasiders71

Unfortunately Middleton comes under Rochdale and as such we cant work there same with other areas. Football in the Community programmes have always agreed they wont work on another clubs patch.

Whilst not ideal it does sometimes work in our favour. This agreement means that City in the Community and the United Foundation have not yet ventured into Oldham and on occasions in the not to distant pass where there have been opportunities for them to, a little reminder of this unwritten rule has prevented it which is good news for us!

So how come Failsworth School have a link up with Man City. Or is Failsworth in Manchester?

now that is a good idea lags, i know it would cost to much to open a store in the town centre but why carnt we sell tickets at the JD shop which also sells our merchandice ? Bang up a few posters around saying you can buy tickets from JD for up coming games. people would be more interested to get tickets because they dont have to travel to BP until match day !

So how come Failsworth School have a link up with Man City. Or is Failsworth in Manchester?

City soon to link-up with a school I worked at too - The Radclyffe in Chadderton after they rubber-stamp their Foundation Status. Less than a mile from BP...

Edited by oafcprozac

now that is a good idea lags, i know it would cost to much to open a store in the town centre but why carnt we sell tickets at the JD shop which also sells our merchandice ? Bang up a few posters around saying you can buy tickets from JD for up coming games. people would be more interested to get tickets because they dont have to travel to BP until match day !

I suggested the same thing a couple of years ago. You know the little hut that sells THe CHron outside of TJ Hughes? THAT WOULD BE IDEAL! But noooooo, we couldn't do it because we'd have to get permission and er :unsure: Orion's not aligned with Saturn....and erm <_< my undies are the wrong colour - blah, blah, fecking blah!!! Enough of the excuses, we need solutions and if you can't provide them certain directors should resign! :ranting:

Edited by oafcprozac

in Spain they sell tickets all over in every town - bars, kiosks, shops, train stations.....

selling them in pubs would be a great idea - if only for those that would be sold to stayaways after 8 pints on a Friday night and never used!

City soon to link-up with a school I worked at too - The Radclyffe in Chadderton after they rubber-stamp their Foundation Status. Less than a mile from BP...

The Failsworth link I knew about and I dont think that will come off. We have spoken to the school who are happy to work with us unfortunately there is a longstanding link between City and Failsworth. That link aside CITC will not be doing anything with the school.

Radclyffe is a new one and would be surprised as we have had talks with them regarding their Trust! I will follow that one up.