What Are You Going To Do?

The way things are going this club is sinking, further and further into trouble. As a club and as fans we are letting this happen.

I put a post up on another thread that we the fans need to be doing more than we are currently. I don't doubt your support of the club, it's plain to see on here but us alone spending what we spend isn't enough to keep this club going financially.

The owners and the board have a responsibility to improve things at the club but so do the fans as well. You might think there's little you can do but if everyone could do something extra it would help the club.

The next game is on the 16th October against Colchester United. Can you get someone else to the game who wouldn't normally go? Could you spend something extra like a programme or a strike it lucky ticket? Is there anything in the club shop that you would like to buy?

These are all things we could do now which if enough people did could make a difference. We could all wait until we're seriously in the brown stuff or we can do something now and prevent that from ever happening.

So what are you going to do?

The way things are going this club is sinking, further and further into trouble. As a club and as fans we are letting this happen.

I put a post up on another thread that we the fans need to be doing more than we are currently. I don't doubt your support of the club, it's plain to see on here but us alone spending what we spend isn't enough to keep this club going financially.

The owners and the board have a responsibility to improve things at the club but so do the fans as well. You might think there's little you can do but if everyone could do something extra it would help the club.

The next game is on the 16th October against Colchester United. Can you get someone else to the game who wouldn't normally go? Could you spend something extra like a programme or a strike it lucky ticket? Is there anything in the club shop that you would like to buy?

These are all things we could do now which if enough people did could make a difference. We could all wait until we're seriously in the brown stuff or we can do something now and prevent that from ever happening.

So what are you going to do?

Continue asking questions until the muddied water clears.*

*Oh and continue dragging my Liverpool supporting mate along and perhaps buy my boy the away shirt for his birthday....

Edited by oafcprozac

maybe we can direct this at Barry and the club - what is the ONE thing members of this board can do that would be of greatest benefit between now and the next home game???

bringing someone along? or coming if you've not been doing?

buying something in the club shop?

etc..

i'd imagine it's bringing an extra paying customer?

maybe we can direct this at Barry and the club - what is the ONE thing members of this board can do that would be of greatest benefit between now and the next home game???

bringing someone along? or coming if you've not been doing?

buying something in the club shop?

etc..

i'd imagine it's bringing an extra paying customer?

That would bring the most money in £18/£20 and they can buy other items when they are there. This would help the most but if that isn't possible then there are other small ways that can help as well.

I can't make it for the Colchester game, work commitments. But I'll buy a programme from the game, I'll get Zorro's too unless someone who knows him better wants to get it for him?

If we can all do something extra it will help.

That would bring the most money in £18/£20 and they can buy other items when they are there. This would help the most but if that isn't possible then there are other small ways that can help as well.

I can't make it for the Colchester game, work commitments. But I'll buy a programme from the game, I'll get Zorro's too unless someone who knows him better wants to get it for him?

If we can all do something extra it will help.

I'm going to buy a strike it lucky ticket and a pie as usual, sometimes I have 2 pies however it really does depend on how hungry/greedy I am feeling. I had 2 pies against Leyton Orient Chilli Chicken and then Peppered steak. The Chicken was the best but I might have enjoyed the combination a bit more if I'd have gone for steak first. I used having a cold as an excuse for my increased appetite.

If I win strike it lucky I will get a programme and a new shirt at the next game and probably a couple of pies.

I forgot that I also bought a mars bar as well as the pies.

I'm going to buy a strike it lucky ticket and a pie as usual, sometimes I have 2 pies however it really does depend on how hungry/greedy I am feeling. I had 2 pies against Leyton Orient Chilli Chicken and then Peppered steak. The Chicken was the best but I might have enjoyed the combination a bit more if I'd have gone for steak first. I used having a cold as an excuse for my increased appetite.

If I win strike it lucky I will get a programme and a new shirt at the next game and probably a couple of pies.

I forgot that I also bought a mars bar as well as the pies.

did you bring your own beverage?

I didn't, but had a cheeky pre match quaff down at the Rifle Range.

If you could get Lees's finest with the pies then what a fantastic combination we would have

Could you have that pint at the ground? Can you get someone to come to a game?

I personally I think City are killing us, I know a few people that are going there instead of watching us. Sad times, the majority of the people who said they would come back when Penney was sacked were obviously a bunch of liars.

If your one, and still waffling on this board and moaning about how the club is being run shame on you, go on the Chron website and moan on there.

Its the FANS letting the club down this season and we are in a dire possition but fair play to the club our squad has better quality and has more strength in depth since that scum bag Moore was Chairman.

I think Dickov had don't nothing wrong since joining Latics and all this on probably a naff salary.

I'll be there next home game anyway with my two lads- Up the blues!!!!!

Could you have that pint at the ground? Can you get someone to come to a game?

What... is nearly doubling my cholesterol level not enough?? I have already bought a season ticket. The only other person who is stupid enough to come to the game with me has a season ticket, they couldn't make it on Saturday so being near unable to give the sodding thing away I managed to rope some other poor soul into coming with me. Had they not enjoyed the same cuisine as myself (minus the mars bar) I would have felt like I had robbed them blind although it had caost them little more than some peccy money to the range.

On a serious note I have brought people to games and if they aren't oldham fans and their heart isn't in it what can you do? One mate is a City fan who comes to a good 4-5 games a season, i also manage to get the inlaw who is a Bolton fan down to a couple during the New Year/Christmas period when he is clearly too inebriated to put in a decent protest.

It is too easy for people to not to come and I don't blame them half the time. it I didn't have my annual lapse in common sense when I think 'yeah f*@k it I'll be getting a season ticket next year' I would be kicking myself paying out £20 for what is on offer. This isn't just Latics but football as a whole.

What... is nearly doubling my cholesterol level not enough?? I have already bought a season ticket. The only other person who is stupid enough to come to the game with me has a season ticket, they couldn't make it on Saturday so being near unable to give the sodding thing away I managed to rope some other poor soul into coming with me. Had they not enjoyed the same cuisine as myself (minus the mars bar) I would have felt like I had robbed them blind although it had caost them little more than some peccy money to the range.

On a serious note I have brought people to games and if they aren't oldham fans and their heart isn't in it what can you do? One mate is a City fan who comes to a good 4-5 games a season, i also manage to get the inlaw who is a Bolton fan down to a couple during the New Year/Christmas period when he is clearly too inebriated to put in a decent protest.

It is too easy for people to not to come and I don't blame them half the time. it I didn't have my annual lapse in common sense when I think 'yeah f*@k it I'll be getting a season ticket next year' I would be kicking myself paying out £20 for what is on offer. This isn't just Latics but football as a whole.

Doubling your cholesterol is very noble for the cause, why I didn't suggest you have another pie! Understand what you are saying but if we don't do anything about it things could get even worse in the future.

This thread isn't meant to be a negative what we can't do. It's about trying to do what we can do now. Being negative isn't going to get us anywhere.

Am I wrong (it does happen :wink:) in thinking that none of the money taken from the catering (not sure about the bars) actually goes to the club anyway? (Not wanting to get into a discussion of whether this is right or wrong or lacking ambition, etc etc....)

People might be thinking their pie-purchasing is helping the club, when in fact it isn't!

I've tried to introduce friends, uni housemates and girlfriends to Latics and in the past four years I've had the opportunity to show them what watching Oldham is all about, the games have been terrible. With the exception of the 3-0 win at home vs 'uddersfeeled which was a good introductory game.

I brought my housemate and my girlfriend to the Tranmere game in January, the worst game any of us had ever seen.

The on-pitch product needs to improve before any people I bring will be encouraged to come back.

Doubling your cholesterol is very noble for the cause, why I didn't suggest you have another pie! Understand what you are saying but if we don't do anything about it things could get even worse in the future.

This thread isn't meant to be a negative what we can't do. It's about trying to do what we can do now. Being negative isn't going to get us anywhere.

I'm not being negative far from it, I am a blind optimist but my questionable mentality doesn't always transpire to others. Like I have said, I'll be buying a strike it lucky ticket, something which I haven't done for a while. Someone has said elsewhere though, it is currently the fans which are letting the club down, not the ones who go, the ones who get the odd programme or delightfully tasty savoury treat but the ones who moan that it is a load of rubbish but will not turn up until their is an improvement. Quite rightly these people are entitled to vote with their feet and choose what to spend their hard earned off but is is really starting to pig me off!

I think I'll buy a strike it lucky ticket at every home game from now on actually.

I always wanted to make a documentary style film on Oldham Athletic, i don't know what it would bring financially, but maybe raise awareness for the club at minimum. I wanted to film it over the course of one whole season. So the fans can see more than just whats played on the pitch.

Granted, getting permissions for this would be tricky, and scheduling for away travel would also be tricky with equipment.

But for those of you who don't know this, i'm a film maker, and it's been an idea of mine for a while that i'd like to make one about OAFC.

I always wanted to make a documentary style film on Oldham Athletic, i don't know what it would bring financially, but maybe raise awareness for the club at minimum. I wanted to film it over the course of one whole season. So the fans can see more than just whats played on the pitch.

Granted, getting permissions for this would be tricky, and scheduling for away travel would also be tricky with equipment.

But for those of you who don't know this, i'm a film maker, and it's been an idea of mine for a while that i'd like to make one about OAFC.

if you turn my screeplay about some exiled fans attempting to rescue their decrepit, Northern, hometown club from financial disaster into The Full Monty of 2011 then I'll make a donation to the club!

I personally I think City are killing us

The fans who have stopped going are now not going to Eastlands. There may be some who went to the odd game to "see a match" but 1000 regulars have stopped going having gone for years. City isn't anything to do with those IMO.

This thread isn't about City, United, the weather or anything like that. It's about you. What you can do extra? It will help the club if you can do something extra to what you are doing already. What you are doing already isn't what I'm after here.

Fans I'm sure already do lots but we can do more. If your at your financial limits can you get someone else to go? Can we stick to what you can do and what you are going to do.

Like hariboman who says he's going to buy a strike it lucky ticket every game instead of every now and again, it's a small amount but if everyone did something similar or better we'd be making much more money as a club.

We have no backer...

We are losing money...

A few extra friends coming and lotto tickets being sold isn't going to do anything...

You would be better putting pressure on the club to live within its means and not to go into debt... The talk from Barry is there is a £220k hole at the moment... The fans can't cover that...

Guest Scratch2000uk

There's too much uncertainty at the club and has been since Blitz did one, nothing coming from the board downwards only Barry telling us what we already know. :huh: