Dickov out

If we dont win on Saturday, it will be only 1 win from 10 in League and Cup! If it was anyone else his head would be on the chopping board, so what makes us as fans see Dickov as different to Penney, Moore or Talbot?

Genuine question, not reeling people in because I actually quite like Dickov in charge even if the results arent quite there yet.

If we dont win on Saturday, it will be only 1 win from 10 in League and Cup! If it was anyone else his head would be on the chopping board, so what makes us as fans see Dickov as different to Penney, Moore or Talbot?

Genuine question, not reeling people in because I actually quite like Dickov in charge even if the results arent quite there yet.

Passion drive and hunger

:lol:

Excellent. I would never have bet on it coming this early.

so what makes us as fans see Dickov as different to Penney, Moore or Talbot?

1) Am pretty sure the budget Dickov has is smaller than the budget Penney has

2) Am definitely sure the budget Dickov has is ALOT smaller than the budget Talbot and Moore had

3) Dickov is a young manager learning his trade, Penney Moore and Talbot were all 'established' managers

4) Personal opinion, but Dickov is probably more positive than the three of them put together

5) Dickov is still lumbered with most of Penney's crap. Once we can get them of the wage book and let him build his own team, then its time to judge

Genuine answer - Because we are playing better football than we have played since the start of Shezza's reign (although we are not scoring at the moment, which is more down to lack of budget), we are in the top half of the league (when we were all expecting relegation) and we have only lost twice................. now take your medication!

Genuine answer - Because we are playing better football than we have played since the start of Shezza's reign (although we are not scoring at the moment, which is more down to lack of budget), we are in the top half of the league (when we were all expecting relegation) and we have only lost twice................. now take your medication!

The sort of answer I was looking for, Im not fishing or indeed am definately not requesting Dickov out. I was merely pointing out the fact that based on results many of our recent managers wouldnt have been given as long, and there would definately have been some moaning and groaning around BP, especially after failing to beat both Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient at home, games we as fans would expect to win comfortably.

I think Dickov has been superb up to yet in every other department than producing that ability to grind out wins.

He comes across in interviews very well and if he sees something he likes/dislikes he acts upon it.

However my only criticism is his inexperience ( which is obvious as its his first management job). Things like (up to yet) not being able to stop us conceding from set pieces. We have Gerry Taggart as assistant surely he must be able to put his work, experience and effort into correcting this. Also things like how we were fairly comfortably 1-0 ahead on Saturday and looked like scoring again, when he decided to make changes. I feel ultimately this cost us the chance of killing Leyton Orient off. If he can correct these little bits of tactical naivity then we look like a team who will be very hard to beat and can also give a few teams a bit of a drubbing.

However I feel with this season behind him as our boss, I can definately see signs of him becoming a top manager, even potentially being poached from us by a bigger club.

The sort of answer I was looking for, Im not fishing or indeed am definately not requesting Dickov out. I was merely pointing out the fact that based on results many of our recent managers wouldnt have been given as long, and there would definately have been some moaning and groaning around BP, especially after failing to beat both Bristol Rovers and Leyton Orient at home, games we as fans would expect to win comfortably.

I think Dickov has been superb up to yet in every other department than producing that ability to grind out wins.

He comes across in interviews very well and if he sees something he likes/dislikes he acts upon it.

However my only criticism is his inexperience ( which is obvious as its his first management job). Things like (up to yet) not being able to stop us conceding from set pieces. We have Gerry Taggart as assistant surely he must be able to put his work, experience and effort into correcting this. Also things like how we were fairly comfortably 1-0 ahead on Saturday and looked like scoring again, when he decided to make changes. I feel ultimately this cost us the chance of killing Leyton Orient off. If he can correct these little bits of tactical naivity then we look like a team who will be very hard to beat and can also give a few teams a bit of a drubbing.

However I feel with this season behind him as our boss, I can definately see signs of him becoming a top manager, even potentially being poached from us by a bigger club.

This I agree with 100%, we need to start winning a few games or we'll get dragged into a similar scrap like we endured last season, no matter how well we are playing...

We've won two out off our last ten games league and cup?

Last 10 games:

Leyton Orient: 1-1

Sheff Wed 0-0

Brighton 1-2

Bournemouth 2-1 W

P'boro 2-5

Brizzle R 1-1

Shrewsbury 1-0

Yeovil 0-0

Charlton 1-1

Notts County 3-0 W

Well thats two wins from last ten including cup..

Check your facts next time maybe..?

Thats 11 points in 9 games in the LEAGUE, 10 league games is 14 points..

In Penneys first 10 games league games last season we had 15 points..

Not much difference.. one point difference.. in the next 10 league games after that we got 6 points..

we have already scored 13 goals this season.. after 10 games under DP we had 10 goals.. 13 goals this season is already 1/3 of last seasons total goal tally..

so 10 games in, -1 point difference but 3 goals more this season.. not to bad for a new manager compared to an established manager?

The sort of answer I was looking for, Im not fishing or indeed am definately not requesting Dickov out...

What you said, but I don't think inexperience is necessarily that big a problem. PD got the subs wrong last weekend and he can take only so much of the blame for some of our defending. He doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who makes the same mistake twice.

What you said, but I don't think inexperience is necessarily that big a problem. PD got the subs wrong last weekend and he can take only so much of the blame for some of our defending. He doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who makes the same mistake twice.

Stephen's missed a ball in our box which led to their goal. I wouldn't put that down to the management.

The only other thing we could have done with doing is putting a few more in at the other end.

Last 10 games:

Sheff Wed 0-0

Brighton 1-2

Bournemouth 2-1 W

P'boro 2-5

Brizzle R 1-1

Shrewsbury 1-0

Yeovil 0-0

Charlton 1-1

Notts County 3-0 W

Not much difference.. one point difference.. in the next 10 league games after that we got 6 points..

we have already scored 13 goals this season.. after 10 games under DP we had 10 goals.. 13 goals this season is already 1/3 of last seasons total goal tally..

so 10 games in, -1 point difference but 3 goals more this season.. not to bad for a new manager compared to an established manager?

I think youll find quite specifically, I stated if we dont win on SATURDAY it will be 1 win in 10. Check the post properly next time maybe?

I think youll find quite specifically, I stated if we dont win on SATURDAY it will be 1 win in 10. Check the post properly next time maybe?

In the league it's 2 from 9.. 3 from 10 in league.. no need to really count the JPT is there?

In the league it's 2 from 9.. 3 from 10 in league.. no need to really count the JPT is there?

Keep digging.

My post says if we dont win on Saturday we have won 1 in 10 league and cup games. JPT we played a near enough full strength 11, and it is still a competitive game.

I admire you trying to make the facts look better, but trying to make my original stats and FACTS look wrong, you wont win that battle.

Last 10 games:

Sheff Wed 0-0

Brighton 1-2

Bournemouth 2-1 W

P'boro 2-5

Brizzle R 1-1

Shrewsbury 1-0

Yeovil 0-0

Charlton 1-1

Notts County 3-0 W

I think you need to read his post again.