Penney to Hibs?

Former Doncaster Rovers manager Dave Penney has emerged as a shock candidate to take over at Hibernian following the departure of John Hughes on 4 October. (Daily Record)

He's also linked with the York job in the local paper.

Lets hope this happens, then we can shift Purdie, Worthington, etc there!

Picture the interview.

York Chairman: Yer from Yorshire aren't yer Dave, owd lad?

DP: Aye

YC: What can yer bring ter York City?

DP: Negative, defensive football. It's the only way.

YC: 'Ow come, owd lad?

DP: You've gorra defend. If yer commit too many oop froont, tha's goin' ter get cought out at back.

YC: Any players in mind that ud do t' job?

DP: Aye. I know 3 or 4 what can't gerra look in where they are. Playing all this attacking stuff. They actually let full backs cross t' half way line.

YC: Wot happens if we go a goal down then, Dave?

DP: Bloody hell, obvious you put 10 men behind t' ball. Can't risk goin' 2 down, it buggers up t' goal difference. Might try to catch 'em on t' break though, but only once or twice.

YC: 'Ow about loan players.

DP: I wouldn't want more than about 3. It buggers up t' balance. We'll probably end up with about 7 though.

YC: Will they be any good for us?

DP: Nah. They won't give a toss, but if they're fairly well known, it might get t' crowd a bit excited.

YC: Wot if t' crowd don't like yer tactics and gerron yer back? Will you change.

DP: Sod that. I don't give a stuff what they think. I'm t' manager and I'll do it my way.

YC: Can you motivate players during t' game if it's not goin' well?

DP: No need really. They're professionals and don't need that sort o' thing. Anyroad, I'll have my owd buddy here to do that so I'll just shove me 'ands in me pockets and lerrim gerron wi' it.

YC: Will yer bring a goalkeeping coach?

DP: Aye, I've got just the lad. Once he's learned 'ow to set a wall and can pass it on to t' keepers, we'll be reet.

YC: <_<

DP: 'Ave I got t' job?

YC: :petesake: Shut t' door on yer way out. Next!

edit: I wish I'd seen the Mills appointment before I did this load of rubbish.

Edited by Bristolatic