the thread about going to see corney and the accounts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine looking at the books of OAFC...problem is, OAFC don't own Boundary Park or the land around it so looking through OAFC's accounts tells us very little of the whole story...the story about land sale money going towards the then-redevelopment/now-new stadium. The accounts do tell us we've a big hefty bill of £550k though for it.

It's fine looking at the books of OAFC...problem is, OAFC don't own Boundary Park or the land around it so looking through OAFC's accounts tells us very little of the whole story...the story about land sale money going towards the then-redevelopment/now-new stadium. The accounts do tell us we've a big hefty bill of £550k though for it.

Just to point out this is not new news (though the actual sum is), Simon Corney stated last year at the meeting at Stadium Consultation that a "substantial" amount of money had been spent in preparation for redevelopment of BP. It seems to have only become an issue now because the sum is out there.

Just to point out this is not new news (though the actual sum is), Simon Corney stated last year at the meeting at Stadium Consultation that a "substantial" amount of money had been spent in preparation for redevelopment of BP. It seems to have only become an issue now because the sum is out there.

Reminder that it was reported here on OWTB that SC also said at the Radclyffe School Forum:

Purchase of OAFC and BP - £5.2M

Running costs per year - £1M (7 years = £7M)

Value of New Stadium only - £14M

Meaning they will have spent £26.5M or so on OAFC if the new ground goes ahead.

Sale of BP:

Sell 16 acres at £800k per acre - £12M, lost lots of money and if someone was willing to come in a write a cheque to buy the club or BP tomorrow they would accept, if it was the right value and the interests of the club were looked after.

Reminder that it was reported here on OWTB that SC also said at the Radclyffe School Forum:

Sale of BP:

Sell 16 acres at £800k per acre - £12M, lost lots of money and if someone was willing to come in a write a cheque to buy the club or BP tomorrow they would accept, if it was the right value and the interests of the club were looked after.

Let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiricy theory/another reason to spread negative feeling about the club around D_S :wink:

Which is a very interesting point. That the £550k is levied against OAFC who don't own the land/BP/any of the facilities, rather than against whichever business actually owns/would continue to own the stadium(s). Certainly that the way it looks to me from the outside.

No...to repeat, as stated in the other thread...there is NO ISSUE that it is out there. No issue whatsoever...

Sale of BP:

Well this is all fine and dandy D_S.......again....to spell out this point YET AGAIN......I'm sure all these facts and figures are nicely totting up a balance sheet somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not on OAFC's balance sheet tho....yet this £550k fee has landed on it....

Any answer for that?

Edited by boundaryblue80

Well this is all fine and dandy D_S.......again....to spell out this point YET AGAIN......I'm sure all these facts and figures are nicely totting up a balance sheet somewhere. Correct me if I'm wrong, but not on OAFC's balance sheet tho....yet this £550k fee has landed on it....

Any answer for that?

It could be asset stripping of some sort, or it could be normal business practice. However until I see evidence of the former, it very much comes under the latter.

So what's wrong with the fact that the money from the sale of land was used to fund looking into the redevelopment?

Did the money from the sale of the land appear on OAFC's balance sheet? Or did it appear on Brassbank's balance sheet?

Which is a very interesting point. That the £550k is levied against OAFC who don't own the land/BP/any of the facilities, rather than against whichever business actually owns/would continue to own the stadium(s). Certainly that the way it looks to me from the outside.

I don't think it actually makes a difference Dan. If we are thinking about the day when TTA pull out of the whole shooting match, how much of whatever they take of any available cash is up to them whatever pot they take it from. When they go they will either write off the football clubs debts or not do, if they don't then I doubt half a million here or there on the debt would make any odds

I don't think it actually makes a difference Dan. If we are thinking about the day when TTA pull out of the whole shooting match, how much of whatever they take of any available cash is up to them whatever pot they take it from. When they go they will either write off the football clubs debts or not do, if they don't then I doubt half a million here or there on the debt would make any odds

I see that Andy, but surely levying the £550k against OAFC rather than Brassbank which owns the land means that it can be called back as it becomes part of the "directors loans" black hole. If the £550k was against the holding company (which to my mind it surely should be), it couldn;t be called in as a directors loans as OAFC have no control/benefit/liability in relation to the land/stadium.

I appreciate that if they do pull hte plug it wont matter a bit cos we'll be truly up the creek, but in terms of looking for potential buyers/investors, this is surely going to put any new suitors off? ie Having these 'extraordinary losses' racking up in loans?