We Need More Fans Attending

Obvious I know but we need to be doing more to get more people/fans into the stadium. That's what Corney has said may make a difference.

We need to ask people to come to BP, make a bigger concsious effort to do this. Ask everyone you know who might be interested. The football has been good this season and while frustrating at times still entertaining to watch.

Lets get the attendances up if we can.

Obvious I know but we need to be doing more to get more people/fans into the stadium. That's what Corney has said may make a difference.

We need to ask people to come to BP, make a bigger concsious effort to do this. Ask everyone you know who might be interested. The football has been good this season and while frustrating at times still entertaining to watch.

That's it! Why did no-one think of this before?! Just ask people to come!

A Nobel Peace Prize surely awaits.

Woof.

That's it! Why did no-one think of this before?! Just ask people to come!

A Nobel Peace Prize surely awaits.

Woof.

:grin:

We aren't doing enough though. We are too apathetic as a group of fans. I wish someone would stop with all the club/corney/hardy/lawton bashing and actually do something that helps!

Didn't you make this thread last week? You persistent if nothing else, Macca :lol:

I'll let you all turn it into chaos again as well like that one. :disappointed:

It's a plea which I hope won't fall on deaf ears. Enough of the fighting and arguments.

Bring back some northern teams and a bit more atmosphere. I was gonna bring the mrs but she doesnt want to go vs teams like Colchester :(

So many southern teams is playing a major part in our attendance drop. I would guess if it was the other way around our average attendances would be around the 5500 mark still.

I could be wrong!

Bring back some northern teams and a bit more atmosphere. I was gonna bring the mrs but she doesnt want to go vs teams like Colchester :(

So many southern teams is playing a major part in our attendance drop. I would guess if it was the other way around our average attendances would be around the 5500 mark still.

I could be wrong!

I could be wrong!

Do we go to watch to Colchester though? I go to watch Oldham beat them.

I could be wrong!

Pretend its Sheff Wed, andd talk very loudly whenever Broady is about to say 'Colchester'? :grin:

Eureka !

I could be wrong!

Not when you look at the home attendance levels have dropped, even since the first home game of the season. People need to look at themselves. I would put money on that the same people shouting for Ronnie Moores head are the same people who flit between seasons, coming and going! They held TTA to ransom, but still dont come. What can you do about these people??? I dont know!!

Ps, The same people whe stopped coming under Penney "when the football is better, people will flock back" B@ll@cks

People need to ask "does it mean enough" And what will they do when we have no Latics!

Not when you look at the home attendance levels have dropped, even since the first home game of the season. People need to look at themselves. I would put money on that the same people shouting for Ronnie Moores head are the same people who flit between seasons, coming and going! They held TTA to ransom, but still dont come. What can you do about these people??? I dont know!!

Ps, The same people whe stopped coming under Penney "when the football is better, people will flock back" B@ll@cks

People need to ask "does it mean enough" And what will they do when we have no Latics!

home crowds are down 13 on last season v the teams we have played so far

Well im doing my bit this weekend.

Wouldn't normally pay the £21 (£18) but i'm using a mate's voucher and paying in for £5. I will probably buy 2 pies, £4? If the Chaddy sold beer i would prob have a few pints....(they are missing out here)

I may even go mad and purchase a 'strike it lucky' or have a bet (does any of the money go to latics from that?).

So all in all i will be contributing at least £10 to the club this weekend.

Well im doing my bit this weekend.

Wouldn't normally pay the £21 (£18) but i'm using a mate's voucher and paying in for £5. I will probably buy 2 pies, £4? If the Chaddy sold beer i would prob have a few pints....(they are missing out here)

I may even go mad and purchase a 'strike it lucky' or have a bet (does any of the money go to latics from that?).

So all in all i will be contributing at least £10 to the club this weekend.

oh are you now :wink:

You can join OASIS when you move down south now !

He isn't wrong, simple fact is we need bums on seats. The club could offer all the incentives they like but times are hard, people up and down the leagues are not paying their hard earned to watch spit-roasting, performance-shirking adulterers kick a ball about in a half arsed manner on a Saturday afternoon. Even at the self-styled Theatre of Dreams they can't shift all their tickets. Don't think Villa, Sunderland, West Brom, Wolves, Liverpool, West Ham, Everton or the rest of them have had to dust off the Sold Out signs this season.

The bottom is falling out of the football bubble and it is shortly going to get pretty ugly.

Latics do have a few extenuating circumstances that mean we could go either way, we could be bust in 12/18 months or we could have our 12,000 seater stadium (which we would never fill) nearly finished and set to generate non-footballing income making us a going concern for the next madman investor.

3959 home fans today, 297 more than the Orient game but how many paid £5 for the 'bring a mate' campaign or the Sun's £19.50 for two tickets for this match - only the board knows. The 2nd half atmosphere seemed miles better than anything we had last season yet the stewards in the RRE are still aiming to kill any noise we have at Boundary Park. Penney did a lot of harm to our fanbase last year and Dickov's tatics will only encourage more people to turn up if the style of play continues.