Filipe Moraise

maybe with 4 going out this signing isnt the last..maybe we have enough scope to bring in one more player...who knows..

i think going off what dickov said in the man eve news thursday he is willing to give feeney a run in the team,seems to think that is what he needs a few games to hone his skill...have to say i havent seen anything to convince me he is a 20 a goal scorer...and he hasnt linked up well with other strike partners or wingers..but i hope its just a case of scoring one will lead to the floodgates opening...

dont think he will start but i think he will get on...depends how we do and how the game is going...

seems like another young hungry player of the ilk dickov likes....and pace is deffo something we been missing

Feeney's only ever got into double figures twice in a season, the last time being for Stockport - a career best 17 in '04-'05. He's not had any real continuity anywhere since leaving Luton. He needs a run, but can we afford to carry him? I'd rather him spend a month in the reserves if i'm honest.

agreed,

on another note anyone think kelly will be here after his 6 months are up

personally i think not, too lightweight

I had high hopes for Kelly, he's had plenty of game time but after missing a couple of easy chances at Brentford, with no pressure on at 3-1 up, and his disallowed effort apart v Col U - he's looked unlikely to trouble the score sheet. He works hard but his touch is :censored:e. He's played a few for the reserves and has a similar impact. I'd rather someone like Crompton be more involved.

Feeney's only ever got into double figures twice in a season, the last time being for Stockport - a career best 17 in '04-'05. He's not had any real continuity anywhere since leaving Luton. He needs a run, but can we afford to carry him? I'd rather him spend a month in the reserves if i'm honest.

I’d rather he spent a month or so out on loan somewhere to get his run; rather than having to do his ‘catching up’ during 1st team games. That way he comes back with the fitness earned from playing games; and is able to come back fit & hopefully firing; instead of lumbering around during 1st team games for us; trying to get his sharpness in the full glare of the 1st team picture.

The Feeney situation reminds me of Brett Ormerod’s loan spell. Namely; you know that there is a player in there; as proven during their career to date; but when form & more importantly match fitness aren’t there; it’s incredibly hard to get that whilst playing 1st team games; from the off. Feeney looks yards short of pace at present (running in treacle as someone on here said); and his presence in the side weakens us right now.

Kelly, whilst obviously limited as he is; is for me a better bet than Feeney currently – because at least Kelly looks to be threat. I haven’t even seen Feeney shoot yet.

Whilst the season has plenty left to run; and no doubt will have lots of twists & turns to go – I can’t help but feeling that the signing of WF will turn out to be white elephant for PD/GT.