Latics Football Monthly

Latics Football Magazine  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy one (£2.50)

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

If Oldham had its own official monthly (or bimonthly) magazine featuring loads of stuff not in the programme, with posters, behind the scenes features, match reviews, great games from the past, interviews past and present and loads more would you buy it at £2.50?

Most of the info and photographs will not be seen anywhere else including not on the internet

Edited by visually

If Oldham had its own official monthly (or bimonthly) magazine featuring loads of stuff not in the programme, with posters, behind the scenes features, match reviews, great games from the past, interviews past and present and loads more would you buy it at £2.50?

Probably not now, but would have jumped at the chance when I was younger. £2.50 is very reasonable in terms of pricing.

No. We get plenty of interviews and behind the scenes available to us already. I would rather pay for decent quality (HD ish) extended highlights (or even full matches) of games.

Judging by the latest offering from Latics Player, where in addition to the usual poor video quality we only get 5 minutes and 42 seconds (nearly half of which is replays), this is the market that Latics need to be tapping into.

At the moment I have no way of viewing online the full highlights of games I would wish to see. The highlights they provide give the viewer very little from what was an action packed match. For example I wanted to see more of Filipe Morais, but apart from our second goal, and the build up to Keiran 'Allesandra' Lee's shot you wouldn't know he even played. Not that the idiot commentator named him anyway. So you would still not know that he played.

I'm also tired of hearing from the ad hoc commentator that is used on the videos, who sounds about as enthusiastic as I would be commentating on opera. And what little enthusiasm he does exude has all the sincerity of a fake laughter track due to the fact that he very obviously wasn't commentating live.

I don't write this stuff just to moan. I truly hope someone at Latics reads this and does what they can to provide a much more professional, thorough and modern service to subscribers.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

I think you need to go for the old "free binder to file all 10 editions for the season in" to ensure you get continuity.

Forget doing it online. I'd be gobsmacked if you got people paying for it online. But as a collectors item to build through the season, there may be a market.

Is this something you should be targeting at the Boundary Blues membership?

Most of the info and photographs will not be seen anywhere else including not on the internet

If you make it I will buy it :(

I'd like a real magazine to read on the way back on the train if it was well written funny and informative.

I used to like reading beyond the boundary. If it is official though it limits what you can write.

Doubt I'd pay for an online one.

Yeah, maybe do a team up with the Pine Villains (if they can be found :wink: ) and have a few contributions from them each month to add to whatever else might be included.

when I was a kid, I definitely would have done

as a busy adult, this has just reminded me I really need to cancel those papers I never get time to read

I think the message is, yes when we was younger, when there was no interent to waste our hours away :)

i think in all honesty great idea for say under 18's...more time on there hands younger kids love this sort of thing....

now i think you may get more better response of greater interest if it was to be a kinda interactive online thingy,because exiles may be more interested then as they often find it hard other than official site to get hold of info...

that said latics do a weekly newsletter,which if im honest i delete immediatly....but if it was incorporated into this and say monthly or fortnightly you may have a winner....

what if you need to kill a bit of time on a train/plane/coach trip?

Well if you can find enough latics fans caught in that situation on a regular basis who won't be using their laptops / mobile phones / ipads etc etc who want to read it then coolio... I just don't see the uptake myself...

Edited by oafc0000

As an adult no. As a kid I may have done, however with the internet news is a lot more accessible then it used to be and so I’m not sure how relevant it would be. Though there are always people who prefer printed matter to the digital equivalent. The best that you could do is if you were able to provide something in it that wasn’t somewhere else, relying on match reports isn’t going to sell a magazine. If you had some humour in there like in a fanzine, perhaps that would work better.