Kieran LEE

furman has been better and aint both players out of contract at end of season :disappointed:

tie them both down !!

I'm amazed Lee hasn't been tied down yet. I hope this isn't complacency from the Powers That Be.

As far as Furman, I may be wrong but I thought he signed a three year contract when he joined us.

I'm amazed Lee hasn't been tied down yet. I hope this isn't complacency from the Powers That Be.

As far as Furman, I may be wrong but I thought he signed a three year contract when he joined us.

Not so much complacency as near-bankrupcy. Like it or note, Latics cannot afford to pay competitive wages and I can't see Kieran Lee or anyone else for that matter accepting any contract extension whilst they believe they can command a better rate elsewhere at the end of their current contract.

A real dilemna for the Latics - the better they play, the more likelihood of attracting interest from other clubs.

Not so much complacency as near-bankrupcy. Like it or note, Latics cannot afford to pay competitive wages and I can't see Kieran Lee or anyone else for that matter accepting any contract extension whilst they believe they can command a better rate elsewhere at the end of their current contract.

A real dilemna for the Latics - the better they play, the more likelihood of attracting interest from other clubs.

so stephens didnt accecpt one i was just dreaming ?

so stephens didnt accecpt one i was just dreaming ?

Forgive my ignorance but was that pre-season or the very early stages of the season?

My point is that any player enjoying a decent spell of form in the run up to contract negotiations will inevitably be influenced by his advisors to consider other options before tying themselves down. Pre-season and out of contract is different altogether.

Forgive my ignorance but was that pre-season or the very early stages of the season?

My point is that any player enjoying a decent spell of form in the run up to contract negotiations will inevitably be influenced by his advisors to consider other options before tying themselves down. Pre-season and out of contract is different altogether.

It was about a month or so ago I wouldn't be surprised if discusions are ongoing now and his agent is pushing for a better deal Correct me if I'm wrong but he's under 23 at the end of the season so he can't do a porter. Not saying thats his intention but we would get compensated if he left right?

Didnt Lee say when he joined us that he rejected QPR as he wanted to remain in the north west and make his name up here? So rejected the chance to join QPR (who really wanted him and probably offered him x5 what we offered) to sign for us, shows money isn't his biggest influence?

I know his agent and he mentioned that Kieran is very happy in the North West and enjoying his football.

After recently falling out with football (possibly something to do with not being selected)......he is know happier with life and has indicated to the club that he would be happy to accept a contract extention.................

.................the only trouble is that Oldham have not offered him anything yet!!

I know his agent and he mentioned that Kieran is very happy in the North West and enjoying his football.

After recently falling out with football (possibly something to do with not being selected)......he is know happier with life and has indicated to the club that he would be happy to accept a contract extention..................................the only trouble is that Oldham have not offered him anything yet!!

You speak as if that's a fact, was that a nod, wink or actual verbal indication ;-)

As stated earlier, I doubt very much that he's anywhere near being one of the top earners and maybe only agreed to a year long extension in order to prove his worth.

Pretty sure he's done that and at the same time improved his stock a great deal, I'm not sure that we'd be able to match that stock value with a relevant salary. You can't blame the club or the lad if he moves on to earn the money he desrves, he's done it the right way and good luck to him.

Like you though, i do hope we can keep hold of him and the better players at the club, unfortunately i feel inevitably we won't!!

Agreed with everything said at Brentford Kieran Lee as stood out for me and am very suprised how long it took for people to see how good he his. I was gutted when he was not playing often and suppose thats one of the few positives of Dave Penny getting hi into the game.

Agreed with everything said at Brentford Kieran Lee as stood out for me and am very suprised how long it took for people to see how good he his. I was gutted when he was not playing often and suppose thats one of the few positives of Dave Penny getting hi into the game.

he has played well in an attacking sense but he's made a fair few defensive mistakes, some leading to goals. He's not been the player of the season so far