Yesterday's Goals

i didnt go but if you defend like that, you're bound to lose.

hopefully it was just a bad day for the club and we'll put it right against huddersfield. if we dont though, they could trounce us

The first goal was a carbon copy of Plymouth's equaliser, too much room and a free shot at goal. The defending all season has been pretty poor but over the last few weeks we're not winning second balls anywhere on the field and that is causing us problems.

Rubes is no captain, he's the first to panic and is back to coasting us goals - as for playing Jarett in midfield, where he has not played for two years was an amateurish decision.

Dickov ballsed up big time yesterday and should come out and admit it. The players were crap yes but his tinkering was equally crap. If I was Corney i'd be asking him what the hell he was playing at tinkering in the way he did.

As for Huddersfield, I think their wingers will rip us a new one as we're poor out wide, we're good going forward but have no-one who can defend - Evina looks good but has no end product and cannot defend. Black mostly similar but he is a little better at both. Lee again great going forward but simply can't defend. If Hudds have clocked this we're in trouble - happily I'll be to inebriated to care, much.....

Edited by oafcprozac

The first goal was a carbon copy of Plymouth's equaliser, too much room and a free shot at goal. The defending all season has been pretty poor but over the last few weeks we're not winning second balls anywhere on the field and that is causing us problems.

Rubes is no captain, he's the first to panic and is back to coasting us goals - as for playing Jarett in midfield, where he has not played for two years was an amateurish decision.

Dickov ballsed up big time yesterday and should come out and admit it. The players were crap yes but his tinkering was equally crap. If I was Corney i'd be asking him what the hell he was playing at tinkering in the way he did.

As for Huddersfield, I think their wingers will rip us a new one as we're poor out wide, we're good going forward but have no-one who can defend - Evina looks good but has no end product and cannot defend. Black mostly simlarly but he is a little better at both. Lee again great going forward but simply can't defend. If Hudds have clocked this we're in trouble - happily I'll be too inebriated to care, much.....

Blue Square Bet Premier side Cambridge United stopped them scoring so you would expect a club like Latics 2 divisions higher to show similar defensive resolution.

Blue Square Bet Premier side Cambridge United stopped them scoring so you would expect a club like Latics 2 divisions higher to show similar defensive resolution.

You would expect a club like Latics to show similar defensive resolution when playing teams like accrington though.

My dad was at the game yesterday and he said he couldn't think of a first half performance as bad as that when dave penney was in charge. is that fair?

You would expect a club like Latics to show similar defensive resolution when playing teams like accrington though.

My dad was at the game yesterday and he said he couldn't think of a first half performance as bad as that when dave penney was in charge. is that fair?

I've not been to every game since but for me to see a worse Latics performance in the first half you'd have to go back to the 1-7 game against Cardiff

in case you missed them last night...

Accy 3 Dickov's Duck Eggs 2

In a strange way, seeing the goals makes me feel a little better...

We surely cannot and will not play as abjectly as that against Huddersfield - we looked slow and disinterested - disgraceful effort. Let's hope that we do not turn in a performance like that again this season. Horror show. :shock:

So what you are saying is that no team in the bottom two divisions should allow Huddersfield to score, yet they're in second place in League 1 at the moment.

So what you are saying is that no team in the bottom two divisions should allow Huddersfield to score, yet they're in second place in League 1 at the moment.

I am saying Cambridge from 2 leagues lower kept a clean sheet against Huddersfield, so why shouldn't Latics ?

I've not been to every game since but for me to see a worse Latics performance in the first half you'd have to go back to the 1-7 game against Cardiff

I think the first half of the Hereford debacle was much, much worse. We actually hit the post against Accy! Speaking of which, had that gone in and made it 2-1 I reckon we'd probaby be into the 2nd round and the pretty awful defending for Accy's first two goals would have hardly gotten a second thought. I remarked at the time it looked like one of those days when that happened.