Barry Chaytow ?

And to think he might have been the future, and would we be worse off now ? :unsure:

he had no money as such...and didnt really have very wealthy backers...he found it would be possible to make a quick quid by selling the land on,so i think its fair to assume he was thw wrong option,and we would be in a lot worse position had he succeeded

he had no money as such...and didnt really have very wealthy backers...he found it would be possible to make a quick quid by selling the land on,so i think its fair to assume he was thw wrong option,and we would be in a lot worse position had he succeeded

I agree.

He'd have left us with lots to unravel.

Stitched up?

Blitz quote - ""The stadium development is progressing slower than we expected, with a lot more hurdles. We are fully committed to the project although we're not going to just throw money at it. In five years, I hope that Oldham Athletic will see the stadium development completed, a top-quality product on the pitch, and the club in the Championship at the very least. The idea of sustainability is central, the club must be able to stand on its own two feet."

Well 1 year to go and further away than ever :disappointed:

Edited by NIKI1234

Blitz quote - ""The stadium development is progressing slower than we expected, with a lot more hurdles. We are fully committed to the project although we're not going to just throw money at it. In five years, I hope that Oldham Athletic will see the stadium development completed, a top-quality product on the pitch, and the club in the Championship at the very least. The idea of sustainability is central, the club must be able to stand on its own two feet."

Well 1 year to go and further away than ever :disappointed:

When TTA took over the Club, Danny Gazal said: "The attendances are key. We need to get to a position where 8 to 9,000 people are coming on a regular basis."

After making economies, the viability figure was revised downwards, but has never been reached. Therefore to be in the current financial situation should not come as a surprise.

When TTA took over the Club, Danny Gazal said: "The attendances are key. We need to get to a position where 8 to 9,000 people are coming on a regular basis."

After making economies, the viability figure was revised downwards, but has never been reached. Therefore to be in the current financial situation should not come as a surprise.

I agree its not suprising however the quote from Blitz is from late in 2006 when we had a average attendence of 5800 and they had been in charge for 3 or 4 years, clearly they knew the attendence figures and the downward trend had already set in (6700 average in their first season) when making the statement of us having a new groung and championship football in 5 years.

I am not suprised in the slightest, just seeing that quote 4 years on and seeing that we are no closer/in fact further away is so disapointing