And I Thought We We're Skint

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would you say he plays best?

erm..on a football pitch im guessing...

always good to have options,and instead of going for has been journey men were going for young energetic type of players who have a point to prove..big well done to pd for doing this...

now then....we just need a out an out stiker to play off big tounky...feeney wont come good,his attitude is all wrong and would much rather play for his country than us..(check out his interview on gmr thinkit was ) says it all.....some im guessing with dicky saying imminent signings thats taken as a plural....so please a striker and i'll be as happy as a pig in :censored: with this squad.

erm..on a football pitch im guessing...

always good to have options,and instead of going for has been journey men were going for young energetic type of players who have a point to prove..big well done to pd for doing this...

now then....we just need a out an out stiker to play off big tounky...feeney wont come good,his attitude is all wrong and would much rather play for his country than us..(check out his interview on gmr thinkit was ) says it all.....some im guessing with dicky saying imminent signings thats taken as a plural....so please a striker and i'll be as happy as a pig in :censored: with this squad.

sorry to repeat myself but Im extremely happy with the attacking side of the squad, I just think if M'voto or Hazzell got a bad injury tomorrow we would be up :censored: creek

Using your terminology I'd consider a team's "primary striker" to be the one who is invariably the top goalscorer and not necessarily a target man.

Wait, isn't that what I said....he's not a goalscorer, thus he's not the primary striker. He's similar to Tounkara, you wouldn't expect him to get 20 goals a season because his game is about creating chances for others with his hold up play, headers on, flick ons, etc. Hence when you play a goalscorer (primary striker) off your secondary striker (whether it be a target man like Abbott or a grafter like Feeney or Warne) you're hoping the primary striker can use the chances carved out by the secondary striker to score a goal.

I don't understand what is hard to grasp about this. :unsure:

Wait, isn't that what I said....he's not a goalscorer, thus he's not the primary striker. He's similar to Tounkara, you wouldn't expect him to get 20 goals a season because his game is about creating chances for others with his hold up play, headers on, flick ons, etc. Hence when you play a goalscorer (primary striker) off your secondary striker (whether it be a target man like Abbott or a grafter like Feeney or Warne) you're hoping the primary striker can use the chances carved out by the secondary striker to score a goal.

I don't understand what is hard to grasp about this. :unsure:

No it's not what you said otherwise I wouldn't have queried your statement.

Abbott not a goalscorer,haha.

abbott is :censored:e simples.

Still saved us from relegation last season. :-)

No it's not what you said otherwise I wouldn't have queried your statement.

Abbott not a goalscorer,haha.

Obviously when I say goalscorer I mean he's not the main goalscoring threat of a team, he's not the 20+ goal scoring striker that will get you promoted. He was our main threat last season because we had nobody else. And he did well to play target man and goalscorer, manage 13 goals whilst having a spell injured. Wow, that's incredible when you think of it. :-)

Obviously when I say goalscorer I mean he's not the main goalscoring threat of a team, he's not the 20+ goal scoring striker that will get you promoted. He was our main threat last season because we had nobody else. And he did well to play target man and goalscorer, manage 13 goals whilst having a spell injured. Wow, that's incredible when you think of it. :-)

he looked good in a :censored:e team now he is playing at a good team, you can see how :censored:e he is.

he looked good in a :censored:e team now he is playing at a good team, you can see how :censored:e he is.

Abbott isn't :censored:e, if he was he wouldn't have scored as many as he did in a negative side last season. We've done well to get money out of him though.

its just my opinion, he has only scored this season against league two side ( i think ) and he hardly starts at charlton, last season he looked good because he was surrounded by :censored:e players or players who couldnt be arsed playing for a :censored: like penny.

now he is at a club where he is surrounded by good players he has been found out he is average player. just.

Erm nope, the catalyst was Lewis Guy, Abbott did nowt from February onwards. When the chips were down he went missing. Whether he should have been playing or not is by the by. his poor form has continued to be pisspoor at The Valley culminating in him being publicly criticised by his manager and dropped.

However, I did like Pav and felt sorry for him at times with the lack of service he received - my attitude changed when he went missing for the last 8 weeks of the season and Dickov has been proved right in selling him.

its just my opinion, he has only scored this season against league two side ( i think ) and he hardly starts at charlton, last season he looked good because he was surrounded by :censored:e players or players who couldnt be arsed playing for a c**t like penny.

now he is at a club where he is surrounded by good players he has been found out he is average player. just.

Scored at Mongs as well in the Freight Rover Trophy but still no league goal and that's unlikely to happen with him on the bench..

with white coming in, we've got six players who could compete for 2 places. it's always good to have competition but i think dickov is creating possibly more than he needs, especially if the loaned-out players come back and want to play. i hope he knows what he is doing because we need to get rid of players like worthington, lomax, purdie, jacobson and even gregan unfortunately.

im not trying to count out white before he even plays and i hope he is a useful loan player for us, but if we're in the :censored:, how can we afford to have a squad of 30-odd players.

this move probably means jacobson is going, but it might mean moving alessandra upfront as the striker to play off tounkara.