Earl Barret, propper gent

Bumped into the Pearl himself today as i was working in Blackpool ,what a gentleman , time to chat even though he was rushing to make kick off at Bloomfield. He was a little surprised to find a latics fan Traffic warden having fun booking smug tangerine tossers . told me to keep up the good work ewith a huge smile , made today a terrific day .

Bumped into the Pearl himself today as i was working in Blackpool ,what a gentleman , time to chat even though he was rushing to make kick off at Bloomfield. He was a little surprised to find a latics fan Traffic warden having fun booking smug tangerine tossers . told me to keep up the good work ewith a huge smile , made today a terrific day .

Earn some good commission today did you? Bet you're working extra hard with Christmas coming up. :lol::wink:

what's bragging about giving people parking tickets that some of them might not be able to afford?

Whats what they can afford got to do with it?

If they can't afford the parking fine, then don;t park somewhere/not put in enough money where you will get a ticket. Simples.

I have no love of parking attendant, just think the reason is a bit duff.

Edited by singe

To be honest I aint a big fan of traffic wardens but some people do take the piss with where they park. If you park iwhere you shouldn't you have to be prepared to pay the fine

+1. Except for the bit about not being a fan of traffic wardens. I think they're great. Nothing funnier than watching a 4x4/BMW/Merc getting a ticket. And if you park on the pavement you can't complain if someone knocks your wing mirror off.

Traffic wardens have a job to do. They might not be very popular, but without them the infrastructure of most towns and cities would go to pot. I do wish the ones in Durham would actually nick the serial offenders, especially at one location where because some :censored: had parked too close to the corner (on double yellow lines) I couldn't get out because a lorry couldn't get in.

your parents must be really proud

If my parents were alive they probably would be , i have never booked a legaly parked car and as is the policy in Blackpool we are a lot more relaxed than most places that employ private companies NPC/Legion etc, we are more of an on street tourist information point. It serves people right when the biggest car park in Europe is straight across the road from the ground charging a very reasonable £3.50 and they still park in illegal dangerous places.

+1. Except for the bit about not being a fan of traffic wardens. I think they're great. Nothing funnier than watching a 4x4/BMW/Merc getting a ticket. And if you park on the pavement you can't complain if someone knocks your wing mirror off.

Nothing worse than someone being jealous over other people's possessions, especially when they've probably worked their arse's off to be able to afford them :grin:

Nothing worse than someone being jealous over other people's possessions, especially when they've probably worked their arse's off to be able to afford them :grin:

I think Rosa's main error there is omitting Audis.

You should see what it's like in Wilmslow - Range Rovers, Mercs, BMWs, Audis abandoned all over the place, using disabled spaces, double yellows, blocking junctions, you name it.

And I guarantee not one of them is earnt and paid for, all on tick in their vain attempt to be middle class...

By the way, Earl is indeed a truly top bloke, and doesn't deserve his thread to be dragged off topic like this! :grin:

I think Rosa's main error there is omitting Audis.

You should see what it's like in Wilmslow - Range Rovers, Mercs, BMWs, Audis abandoned all over the place, using disabled spaces, double yellows, blocking junctions, you name it.

And I guarantee not one of them is earnt and paid for, all on tick in their vain attempt to be middle class...

By the way, Earl is indeed a truly top bloke, and doesn't deserve his thread to be dragged off topic like this! :grin:

I wonder what car Earl drives :shock:

Seems that both Rosa and yourself have a few issues you need to get sorted :wink:

Seems that both Rosa and yourself have a few issues you need to get sorted :wink:

:lol:

I have no issues... well not of that nature anyway. :unsure:

Living in Wilmslow one has to accept one is surrounded by morons who think it's ok to park their 4x4s (that have never been off road by the way) in disabled bays because they're "in a rush".

And it ain't jealousy - I could afford a Merc/Audi/Beemer if I wanted. But I'm an old git now so I'll probably get a Jag instead. <_<

:lol:

I have no issues... well not of that nature anyway. :unsure:

Living in Wilmslow one has to accept one is surrounded by morons who think it's ok to park their 4x4s (that have never been off road by the way) in disabled bays because they're "in a rush".

And it ain't jealousy - I could afford a Merc/Audi/Beemer if I wanted. But I'm an old git now so I'll probably get a Jag instead. <_<

You can only afford a Jag and you live in Wilmslow, I think you might need to reconsider your postal code aspirations :wink: