Rochdale game in doubt?

I see no snow as of yet.

Nor fog. Lovely sunny morning in Oldham.

The met office are forecasting a clear night this evening, fog descending by 3am.

They are also forecasting Friday night to drop to -5 in Rochdale.

:cardinal:

Edited by The Chaplain

Heavy snow Friday and some possibly on Saturday - usually wrong so wouldn't cancel your plans just yet...

Gonna be 'cowd'...in Owdham.

Rochdalians to spend benefits on beer and fags instead of heating..?

BBC have revised their forecast as of 7.35am this morning, still very cold (so any temperature below freezing is bad news with their crap pitch - despite the 75p they spent on it over the summer) But snow looking a bit less likely now.

Dale Weather

Edited by oafcprozac

SAUCE - Dale website

Groundsman says covers have been on since Tuesday, they also took our spare ones to give extra covers for the shaded areas and goals mouths. This morning at 10am the surface was 100% playable and it was minus 5 last night.

If the covers have been on since Tuesday the pitch is ok to play this morning, plus the fact they have added extra covers as a precaution, I cant see it being off, but who knows.

Keep the faith

SAUCE - Dale website

Groundsman says covers have been on since Tuesday, they also took our spare ones to give extra covers for the shaded areas and goals mouths. This morning at 10am the surface was 100% playable and it was minus 5 last night.

If the covers have been on since Tuesday the pitch is ok to play this morning, plus the fact they have added extra covers as a precaution, I cant see it being off, but who knows.

Keep the faith

As long as they were quick and didn't let it freeze while the covers were up when they checked it today :wink:.

Braziers offer better support :)

Even with no cups! :)

Those were the days when Latics Chairman had a building firm and, with the help of dozens of his braziers, the groundstaff kept BP playable throughout a really bad winter. OAFC was the only club playing in the North West and football-starved fans came from all over the region, with crowds over 17,000 and points being stacked up in the League. Happy days!

5209278694_51f1a95de3_z.jpg

Even with no cups! :)

Those were the days when Latics Chairman had a building firm and, with the help of dozens of his braziers, the groundstaff kept BP playable throughout a really bad winter. OAFC was the only club playing in the North West and football-starved fans came from all over the region, with crowds over 17,000 and points being stacked up in the League. Happy days!

5209278694_51f1a95de3_z.jpg

I never really saw how that works - why don;t you end up with braziers melted into the pitch surrounded by frozen turf?

When was that Diego?

I've had to look up the record book. It was the winter of the 1962/63 season but my memory played tricks with me on the size of the crowds.

Jan 13 Carlisle (h) 11,693 w 5-0

Feb 3 Aldershot (h) 15,168 w 2-1

Feb 24 Barrow (h) 11,467 w 3-2

Mar 10 Crewe (h) 12,124 w 2-0

Mar 13 York (h) 11,952 w 1-0

Mar 24 Wrexham (h) 15,248 d 1-1

When the big freeze ended, the crowds for the remaining home games were:

I've had to look up the record book. It was the winter of the 1962/63 season but my memory played tricks with me on the size of the crowds.

Jan 13 Carlisle (h) 11,693 w 5-0

Feb 3 Aldershot (h) 15,168 w 2-1

Feb 24 Barrow (h) 11,467 w 3-2

Mar 10 Crewe (h) 12,124 w 2-0

Mar 13 York (h) 11,952 w 1-0

Mar 24 Wrexham (h) 15,248 d 1-1

When the big freeze ended, the crowds for the remaining home games were:

And wasn't it Boxing Day that season when we beat Southport 11-0?

I never really saw how that works - why don;t you end up with braziers melted into the pitch surrounded by frozen turf?

It's not rocket science and it's quite simple really. Coke from coal has a heating value of 24.8 million Btu/ton (29.6 MJ/kg) and a coke brazier operates on the buoyancy of the air and the heat extraction rate..............

Also I think it might have had something to do with inserting a pole through each brazier and moving it to a different position every so often. B)

It's not rocket science and it's quite simple really. Coke from coal has a heating value of 24.8 million Btu/ton (29.6 MJ/kg) and a coke brazier operates on the buoyancy of the air and the heat extraction rate..............

Also I think it might have had something to do with inserting a pole through each brazier and moving it to a different position every so often. B)

You had to google that, you shameless old charlatan