Snow

rudemedic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, I work in Sale and there's next to nowt here, I told em we have 4/5 inches in Royton and get looks of disbelief, they're lucky I even made it in. <_<

same with me ! I wasnt going to bother but thought I'd try , then I get to the m60 and its clear so I had no choice :lol:

same with me ! I wasnt going to bother but thought I'd try , then I get to the m60 and its clear so I had no choice :lol:

Judging by your office hours post-count, you do :censored: all when you're there anyway. *

*And yes, I am still pissed off at that 5 nil online FIFA thrashing you gave me earlier in the year.

and the Burton Snow Report brought to you by Diego Sideburns :wink:

There is snow in Cheadle today and surprise surprise everyones late , If I can make it in from Oldham then people should have no excuse ! :ranting:

If the loop was still open I'd be able to make it from Durham.

Considering the conditions up here I've been impressed with the train services, they may have been late but they are still going (and the platforms have been cleared well as well).

Interesting, as two of my team were unable to make it into London via East Croydon and Purley :mmm:

To be honest, if it hadn't been my first day back from paternity I wouldn't have even attempted to get to the end of my street. East Croydon was on lockdown until 10am, barring the one train to London Bridge at 8.20am which I only just made.

To be honest, if it hadn't been my first day back from paternity I wouldn't have even attempted to get to the end of my street. East Croydon was on lockdown until 10am, barring the one train to London Bridge at 8.20am which I only just made.

I was on the point of getting the tram and trying from EC but I got word that it wasn't happening there. The 10AM was clearly about as scientific as a Kevin Keegan substitution anyway. Glad I didn't get in our god knows how I'd have got back.

A good 8 inches outside my front door this morning. Purley > Putney via London Bridge - 2hr 15min. Arse ache.

8 Inches, pah we had that this time last week, the trains were still running, in fact bar the occassional extra wait at Durham station (as train times are less predictable) my journey from door to door has been quicker. (Bit slower coming home to avoid the ice steps of death).

Face it Londoners can't cope.

Yeah, and them Canadians don't seem to moan much do they? Bloody Londoners...

Nowt to do with the infrastructure in the North East and Canada being better due to the increased likelihood of inclement weather, I'm sure.

Yeah, and them Canadians don't seem to moan much do they? Bloody Londoners...

Nowt to do with the infrastructure in the North East and Canada being better due to the increased likelihood of inclement weather, I'm sure.

So are you seriously suggesting that the infra-structure of the NE is better than London? You are having a laugh aren't you. As for increased likelihood of inclement weather, I'll give you that the North East gets more than London, but London gets its fair share (as its on the Eastern side of the country) yet it still grinds to a halt with not that much snow. The M25 was apparently at a standstill yesterday and Newcastle had more snow by 5 o'clock last wednesday but has still kept functioning for an entire week.

Swap the people of Lodon for the people of the North east and Scotland, London keeps functioning and the North East and Scotland grinds to a halt. If infrastructure was to blame the sitautions would be reversed.

I will admit that the fact the train journey from Durham to Newcastle (about 15 miles) is on a main line helps but isn't London Bridge a mainline station?