Oldham East and Saddleworth By-election

Who would you vote for?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The electorate have been usurped by two out-of-touch judges, resulting in a by-election and other injustices. How do you vote?

• Labour (Debbie Abrahams)
    • "Liberal" "Democrat" (Crybaby Catman Watkins)
    • Conservative (Kashif "Floats like a bee and stings like a butterfly" Ali)
    • BNP (Nick "Not Gay At All" Griffin)
    • Libertarian (Gregg "2Gs" Beaman)
    • UKIP (Paul "Nuts" Nuttall)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click it, you know you want to. https://secure2.labour.org.uk/join/

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/news/...ated.6692081.jp

You know it makes sense, leave the Etonions to get on with their disastrous and divisive reforms, there is an alternative. A progressive party learning from the mistakes of the past rather than repeating them again.

I would really question this idea that, "the Etonians," are any more a dominant political class than, for example, the upper/middle class that bred the Millibands, or the self-serving class of trade union/civil servant/Labour careerist that holds so much power in this country?

I would really question this idea that, "the Etonians," are any more a dominant political class than, for example, the upper/middle class that bred the Millibands, or the self-serving class of trade union/civil servant/Labour careerist that holds so much power in this country?

19 Prime Ministers from the same school? Pull the other one Cholmondely-Warner, it's got bells on.

How many from the last half century?

From memory, four out of 12 of Queen Elizabeth II's PMs went to Eton - Eden, Douglas-Home, Macmillan and Cameron - which is a bit much when you consider how many schools there are.

But PM is only one of a number of senior political positions. I'm looking into how many old Etonians became Cabinet Ministers and I'll get back to you.

From memory, four out of 12 of Queen Elizabeth II's PMs went to Eton - Eden, Douglas-Home, Macmillan and Cameron - which is a bit much when you consider how many schools there are.

But PM is only one of a number of senior political positions. I'm looking into how many old Etonians became Cabinet Ministers and I'll get back to you.

To dig into the educational backgrounds of the current Cabinet is to go on a fairly unattractive tour of the nation's public schools. They're all represented: Eton, Radley, Westminster, Charterhouse, St Pauls and so on. Rugby, Wellington et cetera. Cheltenham Ladies College. Dreary me.

To dig into the educational backgrounds of the current Cabinet is to go on a fairly unattractive tour of the nation's public schools. They're all represented: Eton, Radley, Westminster, Charterhouse, St Pauls and so on. Rugby, Wellington et cetera. Cheltenham Ladies College. Dreary me.

I look forward to your next analyses of Labour Cabinet Ministers, which I would like to cover the following categories:

Scots

Members of Public Sector Trade Unions

Public schoolboys/girls

Witches

Weasals

I look forward to your next analyses of Labour Cabinet Ministers, which I would like to cover the following categories:

Scots

Members of Public Sector Trade Unions

Public schoolboys/girls

Witches

Weasals

Why don't you work it out since you're making such bold claims. Why confine it to public sector trade unions? Why not include Unite and its predecessors and USDAW and the Co-op and other institutions that represent millions of working people?

Why don't you work it out since you're making such bold claims. Why confine it to public sector trade unions? Why not include Unite and its predecessors and USDAW and the Co-op and other institutions that represent millions of working people?

Pretty clear conflict of interest, wouldn't you say? I would think it was a bit odd if large numbers of a committe organising my work's Christmas party turned out to be turkeys.

Unite, incidentally, are :censored:heads.

Pretty clear conflict of interest, wouldn't you say? I would think it was a bit odd if large numbers of a committe organising my work's Christmas party turned out to be turkeys.

I think I understand what you mean, even if you've come up with one of the worst metaphors of all time.

I'm guessing that extremely few (if any) Ministers or Secretaries of State have been members of - or sponsored by - public sector trade unions.

Find me just one and I'll buy you a pint of ale and a sandwich.

Liam Fox St. Bride's High School.

William Hague Ripon Grammar School, Wath-upon-Dearne Comprehensive

Theresa May St.Juliana's Convent School for Girls

Kenneth Clarke Nottingham High School

Vince Cable Nunthorpe Grammar School.

Michael Gove state school and then Robert Gordon's College (where he was on a scholarship)

Andrew Lansley Brentwood School (then direct grammar)

IDS HMS conway (which is a school ship)

Caroline Spelman The Hertfordshire and Essex High School (now)

Eric Pickles Greenhead Grammar School

Philip Hammond Shenfield School (now a high school)

All of them are secretaries of state, which indicates to me that whilst some of the cabinent went to public school, quite a lot didn't.

As for the unions, how about Alan Johnson Communications Workers union (where he was General Secretary) or did you mean Con/Lib cabinent members- in which case Patrick McLoughlin- national Union of Mineworkers (he's the cheif whip)

Edited by rudemedic

Liam Fox St. Bride's High School.

William Hague Ripon Grammar School, Wath-upon-Dearne Comprehensive

Theresa May St.Juliana's Convent School for Girls

Kenneth Clarke Nottingham High School

Vince Cable Nunthorpe Grammar School.

Michael Gove state school and then Robert Gordon's College (where he was on a scholarship)

Andrew Lansley Brentwood School (then direct grammar)

IDS HMS conway (which is a school ship)

Caroline Spelman The Hertfordshire and Essex High School (now)

Eric Pickles Greenhead Grammar School

Philip Hammond Shenfield School (now a high school)

All of them are secretaries of state, which indicates to me that whilst some of the cabinent went to public school, quite a lot didn't.

As for the unions, how about Alan Johnson Communications Workers union (where he was General Secretary) or did you mean Con/Lib cabinent members- in which case Patrick McLoughlin- national Union of Mineworkers (he's the cheif whip)

Thanks for that Doctor. To her credit, Thatcher was the one who introduced some egalitarianism to the Tories, but the public schools are still massively over-represented.

I also know that Pat McLoughlin is the chief whip (I can even spell it) and a former mineworker and former member of the NUM. He turned scab and worked for the coal board and has been going in that rather exotic direction ever since. And that Alan Johnson was a union official. The question is whether any Cabinet Minister has been a member of - or sponsored by - a public sector union. Find just one. I'm not buying you a pint and a sandwich though. I'll buy you a test tube full of hot piss and a stool sample - in the interests of your studies of course.

Thanks for that Doctor. To her credit, Thatcher was the one who introduced some egalitarianism to the Tories, but the public schools are still massively over-represented.

I also know that Pat McLoughlin is the chief whip (I can even spell it) and a former mineworker and former member of the NUM. He turned scab and worked for the coal board and has been going in that rather exotic direction ever since. And that Alan Johnson was a union official. The question is whether any Cabinet Minister has been a member of - or sponsored by - a public sector union. Find just one. I'm not buying you a pint and a sandwich though. I'll buy you a test tube full of hot piss and a stool sample - in the interests of your studies of course.

Ed Balls is a member of both unite and unison. (or is it current cabinet ministers)

I'm guessing that extremely few (if any) Ministers or Secretaries of State have been members of - or sponsored by - public sector trade unions.

Find me just one and I'll buy you a pint of ale and a sandwich.

Their websites don't seem that keen on letting you know.

Great news!

Coulson has resigned for the 2nd time over the phone hacking disgrace.

Great judgement Cameron in employing him, then not sacking him.

Comfortable in Murdoch's pocket are we? Yes I am well aware that Blair was the same. Should an Australian really have as much power over our governments as he does?

Great news!

Coulson has resigned for the 2nd time over the phone hacking disgrace.

Great judgement Cameron in employing him, then not sacking him.

Comfortable in Murdoch's pocket are we? Yes I am well aware that Blair was the same. Should an Australian really have as much power over our governments as he does?

There is something Dr. Evilesque about Rupert Murdoch, but it could be worse he could have control over the Yanks, oh wait he did.

I don't like Coulson, he could be a great humanitarian, an altruist of the highest order but I would still think he's a :censored: Cameron employing him despite this whole thing over his head has been a massive error. But like you said Blair and Brown had similar people working for them but alas this is how it is.

Ed Balls is a member of both unite and unison. (or is it current cabinet ministers)

Fair dues, Doc. Where shall I send those urine and stool samples?

I am massively comfortable with Cabinet Ministers and anyone else being members of trade unions. What's the problem? Why is everyone so down on representative labour organisations? It's crazy.

Who's they? The Tories who opposed the minimum wage, saying that millions would end up on the dole, when the exact opposite happened? I agree. Or do you mean the Tories who wanted even less City regulation before the crash? Or the Tories who are dismantling the NHS against the wishes of the entire medical profession? Or the Tories who are letting dangerous criminals out into the community? Or the Tories who are fashioning policies to discipline, punish and humiliate the unemployed? Or the Tories who are putting millions on the dole to satisfy a warped and silly ideology?

Just exactly who do you think is causing trouble?