Oldham East and Saddleworth By-election

Who would you vote for?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The electorate have been usurped by two out-of-touch judges, resulting in a by-election and other injustices. How do you vote?

• Labour (Debbie Abrahams)
    • "Liberal" "Democrat" (Crybaby Catman Watkins)
    • Conservative (Kashif "Floats like a bee and stings like a butterfly" Ali)
    • BNP (Nick "Not Gay At All" Griffin)
    • Libertarian (Gregg "2Gs" Beaman)
    • UKIP (Paul "Nuts" Nuttall)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not liberal, not democratic - it's the Liberal Democrats!

Fascist Liberals?

Please please please stop Watkins if you can vote today. Please. I am begging you.

I'll certainly not be voting for him having taken umbrage at the amount of :censored:e he's posted through my letterbox. I even received some sort of faux handwritten letter magically addressed to myself. What a waste of the rainforest, particulary given that my blue (?) paper and card recycling bin never arrived from whoever is responsible for that.

Fortunately, given the summer's upheaval of the Labour Party my conscience will allow me to revert to not bothering to vote.

I'll certainly not be voting for him having taken umbrage at the amount of :censored:e he's posted through my letterbox. I even received some sort of faux handwritten letter magically addressed to myself. What a waste of the rainforest, particulary given that my blue (?) paper and card recycling bin never arrived from whoever is responsible for that.

Fortunately, given the summer's upheaval of the Labour Party my conscience will allow me to revert to not bothering to vote.

So you don't fancy being a pirate then?

Is there not a Libertarian candidate? I thought he'd be right up your Strasse. Pieces of eight.

Any leaflets with photo(s) of Caroline Flint on them ? Will swap for Teresa May (not the Maidenhead MP, but the lass from the Daily Sport, of course !).

The Labour lags are really rubbing it in now. Massive cheers and whooping for Mrs Abrahams just for arriving at the count. Politics is a rough old school.

Gains and losses.

Public: gain justice and a second vote after the initial election was corrupted

Oldham: politicians shown that spinning lying race hate in the strategic hope of gaining some of the 16% vote that the BNP got before doesn't pay

Labour -seat held

Phil Woolas - a disgraced filthy slag who will probably spend the rest of his highly paid pensionable years in an embarrassing way.

Elwyn Watkins - the victim of one legally proven slur campaign, and then an insinuated second one. Wouldn't have picked him in the first place myself, mind

Lib Dems - expected to be wiped out

Tories - early night to bed and fresh start on other stuff tomorrow.

Mr Tulsehill - loss of a smoking buddy on the Terrace rubbed in, but a Labour win.

Mr Lover - happy to see Woolas punished for being the clown that everyone who has met him seems him to be. Couldn't give a monkeys about the result

Is there not a Libertarian candidate? I thought he'd be right up your Strasse. Pieces of eight.

Arrrggh, The Pirate Party, now I'm with you. However their perculiar piece doesn't fit the right-libertarian position that I have gleefully acknowledged in the past.

I'm not really into them.

Any leaflets with photo(s) of Caroline Flint on them ? Will swap for Teresa May (not the Maidenhead MP, but the lass from the Daily Sport, of course !).

I'm into her. No photo on the one retained for roach though.

Not a smoking buddy. He was there. I was there. No buddies.

You'd have loved Watkins to win. But he didn't. All that remains this evening is for me to cackle in the glow of his fat face as he hears the numbers.

Wrong, so so wrong. I really don't care about tonights outcome. Case in point - you spent New Year's Eve haranguing potential voters about the wrongness of the judges telling Wollas that he was a :censored: - I was just getting drunk.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I see the conservatives lost the most votes. down 14%+

Here'smy thinking on it.

1. Saddleworth conservative voters rebel.?

2.Muslim voters decide they don't like the welfare cuts that affect 50% of muslim men, and 75% of muslim women, on average nationally?

Discuss. :grin:

I see the conservatives lost the most votes. down 14%+

Here'smy thinking on it.

1. Saddleworth conservative voters rebel.?

2.Muslim voters decide they don't like the welfare cuts that affect 50% of muslim men, and 75% of muslim women, on average nationally?

Discuss. :grin:

I reckon they loaned their votes to Watkins having realised they couldn't win, as they were more or less encouraged to do by every Tory bar Kashif Ali himself.

The Liberals will be pleased in public - but on the basis of a curious anomaly. They'll say that hundreds of campaigners came into the seat to help and that their vote held up. But what happens in a general election when those campaigners have other places to go. They can fight a by-election (and lose) with all their activists, but what about a general election?

So, in summary:

The Labour vote held firm(ish)

Some Lib Dems didn't bother, but there wasn't a massive collapse in vote either (nor a defection to Greens), which slightly surprises me

Many more Tories didn't bother, with a handful voting UKIP, and the drop is typical of a party in Government doing things that aren't particularly popular

Other parties made no significant progress and the low vote for the Monster Raving Looney and his Chaddy proposal is down to poor marketing at Boundary Park

"Government loses by-election it was never expected to win" - hardly earth shattering.

..Chaddy proposal is down to poor marketing at Boundary Park

The Official Monster Raving Loony Party candidate, who wanted a knighthood for Chaddy the Owl polled one more vote than the candidate for English Democrats - 'Putting England First!'.

The BNP vote was down by 1.2%.

The turnout of 48.1% was 13.1% less than in the General Election. The winning candidate, with a majority of 10.2%, polled 42.1% of the votes, which is 20.1% of the electorate. So 57.9% of those who voted did not want to elect the Labour candidate and I would say the 51.2% who didn’t vote have waived their right to complain. That's democracy!

It reminds me of the vote in Auf Wiedersehen Pet to establish what colour to paint the hut. The lads had to name their first and second choice colour, and the result was no outright winner but a consensus on the second choice colour. It meant the hut was painted a colour which nobody really wanted.

It’s a bit like the consultation process to establish the popular choice for the date of the Tranmere match. :blink: