Oldham East and Saddleworth By-election

Who would you vote for?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. The electorate have been usurped by two out-of-touch judges, resulting in a by-election and other injustices. How do you vote?

• Labour (Debbie Abrahams)
    • "Liberal" "Democrat" (Crybaby Catman Watkins)
    • Conservative (Kashif "Floats like a bee and stings like a butterfly" Ali)
    • BNP (Nick "Not Gay At All" Griffin)
    • Libertarian (Gregg "2Gs" Beaman)
    • UKIP (Paul "Nuts" Nuttall)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lib Dems will have a completely different manifesto to the Tories when the next election comes around. It remains to be seen whether they will be able to differentiate themselves in the public eye though. I suspect that not much will get done in the latter stages of the coalition if it does go full term as the LDs and the Tories start jockeying for position. I don't think Milliband is ever going to be PM one way or another.

£5 ?

Liberal (sic) Democrats are completely discredited and destroyed as a party and will never be taken seriously again. Their constant selling out of their principles are the ultimate betrayal in modern politics; from the tripling of student fees, to their support to cuts in eduction to Clegg's acceptance of Osbourne's homophobic attack in the Commons. Don't take it from me however, take if from the polls, which nationwide, have the Liberals polling in single figures.

A weak Labour party which still hasn't regrouped following the Blair/Brown era will demolish the Liberals. Abrahams will romp the by-election.

Also, for any waivering voters, dont forget how "Liberal Democrats rescued Clayton Playing Fields from Sports Park 2000."

Liberal (sic) Democrats are completely discredited and destroyed as a party and will never be taken seriously again. Their constant selling out of their principles are the ultimate betrayal in modern politics; from the tripling of student fees, to their support to cuts in eduction to Clegg's acceptance of Osbourne's homophobic attack in the Commons. Don't take it from me however, take if from the polls, which nationwide, have the Liberals polling in single figures.

A weak Labour party which still hasn't regrouped following the Blair/Brown era will demolish the Liberals. Abrahams will romp the by-election.

Also, for any waivering voters, dont forget how "Liberal Democrats rescued Clayton Playing Fields from Sports Park 2000."

Never mind the polls (there are no specific by-election polls because they're all off for Chrimbo), what about the bookies? I happen to know to my cost that they're far more accurate than polls anyway. As of this afternoon, William Hill is offering these attractive prices:

Labour 1/6

Liberal 9/2

Tory 11/1

The picture on Smarkets is even worse:

80% chance of a Labour win

16% Liberal

4% Tory

Surely Catman can do better than that? Blimey. Dreary me. It's all over bar the gloating. Will he quit politics if he loses, or will he ask the judge to review the decision again?

Never mind the polls (there are no specific by-election polls because they're all off for Chrimbo), what about the bookies? I happen to know to my cost that they're far more accurate than polls anyway. As of this afternoon, William Hill is offering these attractive prices:

Labour 1/6

Liberal 9/2

Tory 11/1

The picture on Smarkets is even worse:

80% chance of a Labour win

16% Liberal

4% Tory

Surely Catman can do better than that? Blimey. Dreary me. It's all over bar the gloating. Will he quit politics if he loses, or will he ask the judge to review the decision again?

Labour are ten points up in the polls vs election day, and people who didn't vote for Weasil because they had met him won't have the same problem voting Labour this time, and the Tories aren't trying and the Lib Dems are unpopular. And some voters will go for the most likely none BNP part. And the opposition tends to do well in by-elections. It really is only you holding your cock waiting for the outcome. It's not going to have a lot to do with the discredited race hate merchant scumbag you profess to like, more just a start of a return to normal politics.

Debbie Abrahams is the wife of John Abrahams, the former Lancashire cricket captain and current England U-19 coach. According to Wikipedia.

Catman's wife did not captain Lancashire.

Just saying.

There is absolutely no reason why a Jew shouldn't captain Lancashire, or be involved in the England set-up.

Shame on you.

Just been phoned by ICM pollsters who were "sampling residents of Oldham East and Saddleworth".

Lady was a bit surprised when I pointed out I live in Oldham West.

In the MEN on Saturday there was a section about David Chaytor and they were asking voters their opinion on him. Of the 5 people quoted, 3 lived in Bury South (2x Prestwich, 1x Whitefield), 1 was only 17 and the other didn't actually say where they lived. So at most 1/5 were actually elligible to vote in his constituency. Oops

We live in a democracy the last time I looked. Which makes it all the more imperative to keep Catman out. He believes the whole thing should be run by judges.

They present it to us as a democracy but it isnt. And yes, I realise that makes me sound like a tin foil hat wearing nutjob. But that's what they want you to think. ;-)

Labour are ten points up in the polls vs election day, and people who didn't vote for Weasil because they had met him won't have the same problem voting Labour this time, and the Tories aren't trying and the Lib Dems are unpopular. And some voters will go for the most likely none BNP part. And the opposition tends to do well in by-elections. It really is only you holding your cock waiting for the outcome. It's not going to have a lot to do with the discredited race hate merchant scumbag you profess to like, more just a start of a return to normal politics.

Labour are now an astonishing 17% ahead in the polls. The government should be enjoying a honeymoon - clearly not the case. Despite, at best, low key Labour leadership and some Tory tactical voting it looks like a massive Labour victory is on the cards. Given that Tory policies will only be felt in the next few months this is a very unusal poll. Perhaps local factors are dominant, but Woolas was kicked out for telling lies, so, again, that seems a little strange.

Labour are now an astonishing 17% ahead in the polls. The government should be enjoying a honeymoon - clearly not the case. Despite, at best, low key Labour leadership and some Tory tactical voting it looks like a massive Labour victory is on the cards. Given that Tory policies will only be felt in the next few months this is a very unusal poll. Perhaps local factors are dominant, but Woolas was kicked out for telling lies, so, again, that seems a little strange.

It's the Caroline Flint factor.