Would First Manchester or the club go for this?

I remember the football specials back in the 60's. I grew up on Fitton Hill and would catch one of the specials at Hathershaw (used to be a bus terminus in those days). As far as I can recall, there were a number of points in and around Oldham frome where the specials would depart. Funny thing is though, I can't remember where we used to get the return bus back to Hathershaw. I don't think it was from outside the ground - more likely they were parked up on Rochdale Road. I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

I think I'd be inclined to use a service like that again (subject to cost and convenience of course).

I'm sure that they're not the only club to do it, but I've just read this on the Plymouth Argyle website and wondered if it would work in Oldham seeing as BP isn't exactly Central. And Failsworth (if it happens) will be even more remote. Just a thought, like.

Buses to t' ground

Failsworth, remote? you joking its easy to get to!

Failsworth, remote? you joking its easy to get to!

For buses it is as all buses that go to Manchester from Oldham go through it.

I hope the metrolink has a stop nearby when that is up and running. That would boost the crowds a fair bit.

No doubt the away support at BP has been hit hard by them not being able to get a train to BP for the past couple of seasons.

For buses it is as all buses that go to Manchester from Oldham go through it.

I hope the metrolink has a stop nearby when that is up and running. That would boost the crowds a fair bit.

No doubt the away support at BP has been hit hard by them not being able to get a train to BP for the past couple of seasons.

not to mention that it's also a pain in the arse for exiled fans too

Pioneer or one of the smaller Rochdale bus companies use to run a express 182 from Rochdale to sheepfoot lane and vack on matchdays, going down Shaw road and skipping out Royton centre and highbarn. It stopped running the year went into administration.

Use to always be quite packed and was very handy for those going to mid week games.

When I was a lad there were football special buses to and from Shaw, stopping at and leaving from the hospital. I'm sure there were from all over the Oldham area.

That bus used to carry on through Milnrow and terminate in Rochdale. I'm sure it's one of the reasons there are so many Latics fans in the Rochdale area.