walsall v latics

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the worst record in the division for dropping points when ahead.

Still in 7th though, so a little more consistency will see us into the play-offs.

To be fair we have been very consistent (check the league record out over the past 2 x 10 games - identical I think). We just need to hold on to a few more wins in the remaining games than we have done so far.

I went tonight and to be fair they should have and prob deserved to beat us! Amos made 2 cracking saves at 0-0 to keep

us in the game and then we went up the other end and scored. They where a good team to be fair but our passing was poor. Bad first touches, hoofing it up and winning nothing in the air. Jones had a poor game and was rightly replaced and maybe should have gone off sooner! A points better than nothing!

walsall had the better of the 1st half, amos pulled of a save that cech would be proud and his goalkeeping in general showed why hes contracted to the red scum.. we were the better side 2nd half imo but our defending all night looked shaky. the lads except maybe tonk looked absolutely knackered after 70 mins. a good point really in the end, we were pretty poor. about 250 latics id say, tho apart from the come on oldham rally calls at corners, atmosphere was shiyt.

A point was a fair result tonight ,

Local radio reckons it was the best Walsall played for a long while although i was a little disappointed with

our performance in the first 20 mins of the second half.

Even game that could have ended 3-3 so point fair enough.

Settle for win at home and draw away.

btw, was that reubens wife that he came over to at the end? why the hell was she sat with us scrotes in the away end as opposed to a warm exec box?? fair play!

there seemed to be quite a few relations of ruubes in our end, assume down to his brummy connections. can't sit 10 in the exec box i guess :unsure:

It wasn't mate. I listened to the game. We should have won!!!!

you for real ?

we was saying on coach home it was a point gained, amos made some outstanding saves and if tounkare stuck away his one on one chance it would of been game over. but hey last season we was beaten 3-0 there we are still up there and anything could happen between now and may. carlisle is going to be a very tough game.

Tounkare was awful tonight, How can a man that big not win a single header all night ? his first touch was awful his second touch was a tackle to get the ball back.

arghhh well happy with a point rool on saturday.

I went tonight and to be fair they should have and prob deserved to beat us! Amos made 2 cracking saves at 0-0 to keep

us in the game and then we went up the other end and scored. They where a good team to be fair but our passing was poor. Bad first touches, hoofing it up and winning nothing in the air. Jones had a poor game and was rightly replaced and maybe should have gone off sooner! A points better than nothing!

if you went how can you single jones out as having a bad game he and lee had the right hand side locked tight walsall never got a single cross over from that side of the pitch until jones went off then they were flying as lee was left exposed all the time trying to mark two men..tonk was an absolute waste of a shirt wasnt interested and thats being polite..stephens and furman shocking didnt look any better than pub players

Tonk was poor tonight, he along with every player barring defenders never won a header. Also missed a glorious chance one on one with the keeper that probably would have snatched a real smash and grab job. Disagree with the poster who singled out Jones as being poor, whilst not standing out as above the rest he certainly wasn't way below the others. On the night Amos and Taylor were the stand out's in the side and my MOM goes to Amos for some good saves that kept us in the hunt. Morias goal was very similar to Saturdays if not a little more scuffed. Whilst he did some nice things he wasn't in the game all the time and drifted in and out however, he does bring something different to the party.

Whilst it was a good point on the night it's not what a nailed on play off contender should be settling for.

Tonk was poor tonight, he along with every player barring defenders never won a header. Also missed a glorious chance one on one with the keeper that probably would have snatched a real smash and grab job. Disagree with the poster who singled out Jones as being poor, whilst not standing out as above the rest he certainly wasn't way below the others. On the night Amos and Taylor were the stand out's in the side and my MOM goes to Amos for some good saves that kept us in the hunt. Morias goal was very similar to Saturdays if not a little more scuffed. Whilst he did some nice things he wasn't in the game all the time and drifted in and out however, he does bring something different to the party.

Whilst it was a good point on the night it's not what a nailed on play off contender should be settling for.

Lags,

do you think we are serious playoff contenders though or just high up in a :censored: inconsistent league?

This season is going really well and I am buzzing , I just think we are missing 2 quality players to be really seen as play off contenders

Edited by razza699

if you went how can you single jones out as having a bad game he and lee had the right hand side locked tight walsall never got a single cross over from that side of the pitch until jones went off then they were flying as lee was left exposed all the time trying to mark two men..tonk was an absolute waste of a shirt wasnt interested and thats being polite..stephens and furman shocking didnt look any better than pub players

Christ.. thats a bit harsh on tonks isn't it.. ok he had is poorest game in a oldham shirt i just thought he looked tired, jaded but not interested you have to be joking..Amos and Taylor apart none of the others were on top of the game but a point away and 3 at home and we will be in the play offs.

Lags,

do you think we are serious playoff contenders though or just high up in a :censored: inconsistent league?

This season is going really well and I am buzzing , I just think we are missing 2 quality players to be really seen as play off contenders

No, we are not serious play off contenders currently. We are a side that is flirting with the play off's as our position in the league suggests. This side tantalizers us by getting near and like the fools we are, we start to believe....................then bam! 1-1 at Walsall with a lackluster performance. A performance that in short spells could produce us a goal without really playing great football. Whilst at the same time we could with better finishing sitting here talking of shipping 5 goals. Only once in the game did we play a great move involving 5 players from back to front in amazing time resulting in a good chance.

So you mention we are two players away. Which two positions?

Why bring Brooke on in injury time when both Morais and Tonk looked knackered for most of the second half? We missed Feeney holding the ball last night, we couldn't keep procession.

Also Stephens was terrible last night and should of been subbed instead of Jones.

Edited by bowl

No, we are not serious play off contenders currently. We are a side that is flirting with the play off's as our position in the league suggests. This side tantalizers us by getting near and like the fools we are, we start to believe....................then bam! 1-1 at Walsall with a lackluster performance. A performance that in short spells could produce us a goal without really playing great football. Whilst at the same time we could with better finishing sitting here talking of shipping 5 goals. Only once in the game did we play a great move involving 5 players from back to front in amazing time resulting in a good chance.

So you mention we are two players away. Which two positions?

A Beckett esc finisher and a Wellens esc Midfielder

A Beckett esc finisher and a Wellens esc Midfielder

Said it all season, our lack of a poacher will cost us - wasn't there but everyone i've spoke to (and Gordon and Roy on LP) said Tonk's miss at 1-0 was poor - it was game defining in a way as a 2-0 down and bottom of the league their heads would have been right down. Instead within a minute they're level at 1-1. The most frustrating thing is the Mongs are 5th and have lost nearly twice as many games as us!

We need to learn to keep a lead as that's now 20 points we've lost when being in front!!!

On the flip-side we've gained 11 in coming from behind! Never dull being a Blue. if only we could stick a run together. 5 wins on the trot would be enough to cement a Play-Off spot I reckon (along with picking points up like we have been doing) Sooner or later Sheff Wed and Charlton will click - that's why I think the lack of a goalscorer will cost us...

was a poor performance from latics, really disapointed.

not a fan of the trotman-hazell partnership at the back dont think they worked that well together in the game. trotman was really laid back throughout the whole game.

Amos had a great game though.

Tounks was a unit as per and i think someone has been giving taylor giddy tablets these years as hes been poor for the last two seasons.

was a poor performance from latics, really disapointed.

not a fan of the trotman-hazell partnership at the back dont think they worked that well together in the game. trotman was really laid back throughout the whole game.

Amos had a great game though.

Tounks was a unit as per and i think someone has been giving taylor giddy tablets these years as hes been poor for the last two seasons.

A clean bill of fitness and his hunger back has contributed to Taylor looking good again

Christ.. thats a bit harsh on tonks isn't it.. ok he had is poorest game in a oldham shirt i just thought he looked tired, jaded but not interested you have to be joking..Amos and Taylor apart none of the others were on top of the game but a point away and 3 at home and we will be in the play offs.

ok i have calmed down abit today but i stand by what i said tonks body language to me said he didnt want to be there,he may have been tired but so are the others and as someone mentioned above he didnt win a header,he didnt win any headers because he didnt even jump for one everytime a ball came over he leaned back into the player behind but from what i remember he never actually jumped for one.then add to that the glorius chance he missed again! my patience is wearing thin with the lad.and dont get me started on the cm :grin:

I cannot believe there was 3000 home fans there last night. Does BP really look that empty when we get a similar crowds in a similar sized stadium

The Home ends seat around 9300 and it was definitely less than a third full. I suppose Walsall, like many other clubs including Arsenal, count season ticket holders whether they turn up or not (having already paid for the season). We don't.

Edited by Fyldelatic

ok i have calmed down abit today but i stand by what i said tonks body language to me said he didnt want to be there,he may have been tired but so are the others and as someone mentioned above he didnt win a header,he didnt win any headers because he didnt even jump for one everytime a ball came over he leaned back into the player behind but from what i remember he never actually jumped for one.then add to that the glorius chance he missed again! my patience is wearing thin with the lad.and dont get me started on the cm :grin:

he as a 50p head and foot never going to be a prolific goalscorer we really need to find someone for that role, shame feeney is out injured again as i think tonks needs a rest his 1st season and it looks like the amount of games is taking a toll.

btw, was that reubens wife that he came over to at the end? why the hell was she sat with us scrotes in the away end as opposed to a warm exec box?? fair play!

speak for yourself.

I cannot believe there was 3000 home fans there last night. Does BP really look that empty when we get a similar crowds in a similar sized stadium

to be honest it dosnt look that bad because we have three stands. i hate that stadium, it is so ugly one massive stand behind the net is ridiculious. there was only 2917 walsall fans there last night.

Edited by LaticsLee