Playershare assists with Evina deal

well done to all those involved

Yes, a massive thank you to every single person who has contributed to the scheme. The coffers will be empty come June, at the current level of subscription, so please, now you've seen the quality of player that the scheme can assist with, please consider joining up. A quid a week is all we ask, as a minimum...

Yeah, well done. Brilliant, in fact.

I am honestly delighted that we've managed to get Evina as a propoer player.

I think that the comments coming from the club about promotion/play offs being a realistic target and the deals that have been and look like being done are a clear statement of intention.

I also think that it is important that Payershare is highlighted as taking part in this push if it is going to succeed.

Well done all those that contribute.

I don't think Evina is going to be the difference between us and the play-offs, but £13k (which IIRC was the amount stated to be in the Playershare kitty) is probably not going to get us the finisher we need for the final 4 months of the season. (Hopefully we have 4 full months left of the season).

I expect that if we do make the play-offs Evina will contribute and this seems to me the ideal use of the Playershare money.

How much did the trust invest for a player who is not in the starting 11?

Strange one for me

The Playershare sub-committee backed a request from the manager. He's 19 and hopefully, will be around for a while yet.

I don't think it's right to discuss his wages but what I will say is this:

• We have £10,500 in the scheme today.

It is growing at £400 per month at the present level of subscription

The scheme is assisting for 4 months

The scheme will be almost empty at the end of the 4 months, at the current level of subscription

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Evina has the potential to be a great player for us in the years to come. I don't expect him to be waiting on the subs bench for too long and if Taylor does move on the left-wing position is potentially his to have straight away.

I expect that if we do make the play-offs Evina will contribute and this seems to me the ideal use of the Playershare money.

Yeah. If we reach the final, and Evina bangs in the winner at Old Trafford it'll be a nice little story that. Well done to all contributors though. The more this gets publicised, the more people will contribute in the future.

The Playershare sub-committee backed a request from the manager. He's 19 and hopefully, will be around for a while yet.

I don't think it's right to discuss his wages but what I will say is this:

• We have £10,500 in the scheme today.

It is growing at £400 per month at the present level of subscription

The scheme is assisting for 4 months

The scheme will be empty at the end of the 4 months, at the current level of subscription

So 400 x4 = 1600

1600 + 10,500 = 12,100

12,100 / 4 = 3,025

3,025 / 4 = 756.25

756.25/ week ish

Reasonable

How much did the trust invest for a player who is not in the starting 11?

Strange one for me

Those making the decision have to decide whether or not to back the person asking for the money.

As it's Paul Dickov making the request then I'm more than prepared to support the decision.

Those already contributing to the scheme ... please consider increasing your standing order. An extra tenner, an extra fiver and extra quid or an extra 50p ... whatever you can afford.

Those not yet contributing ... please join in the fun. Help to give Dickov a little more flexibility to build next season's team too. Click on the link below, fill the form in and take it to your bank.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/staticFile...7~153074,00.pdf

A big thank you to all those who support the scheme because I know the manager was very keen to secure this deal on top of all the support he has got from the Board on other matters.

I am merely the spokesman for a group of who make the final decision after receiving such a request. That topic should not detract from the point that those who contribute should feel very proud of their involvement in helping the club in this way.

Thasnk you and well done. I hope more people can join.

Barry

great news I would much rather see the playershare money go towards an established player in the squad who I have seen a lot of. I will try my best to join the scheme now and help contribute towards the wages. I am pretty poor at the moment however. Are small monthly donations of around £10 accepted?