Best January Transfer Window

With what seems to be a brilliant busy January transfer window at Latics this month, getting rid of the unwanted players off the wage bill and getting in new, better players, is this the best January transfer window we've ever had? I'd say so.

What have been your highlights in the past? And the worst ones. This could be players leaving being good or players going being good too!

Just Morais to sign now and it will be poifect !

We don't need Morais to sign. As long as he is still here on Monday evening, then he can continue to play on non-contract terms and then be 'in the mix' in the summer with Reid and Evina et al...

Edited by Takemeanywhere

We don't need Morais to sign. As long as he is still here on Monday evening, then he can continue to play on non-contract terms and then be 'in the mix' in the summer with Reid and Evina et al...

But he can just as easily walk away and play for someone else...

before the transfer windows but was signed on deadline day? :blink:

In the days before the two official windows clubs could sign a player up to a certain point in the season (I think it was Mid-March). That date was also known as (transfer) deadline day. The name simply being transferred to the end of the transfer windows.

Not if he's still with us next week he can't

If he's on non-contract forms he's technically still a free agent and can sign for anyone outside the usual window. He's done well and if he wants to stay he'll sign, if he walks yes he'll be a loss but I'd prefer people that want to be here 100%...

If he's on non-contract forms he's technically still a free agent and can sign for anyone outside the usual window. He's done well and if he wants to stay he'll sign, if he walks yes he'll be a loss but I'd prefer people that want to be here 100%...

I think there is a difference between wanting to stay and not liking the offer he is getting. He may want to stay at the club but everyone has bills to pay etc. from some of the rumours we are currently offering him a relative pittance. Not many people will stay at a job if they can get much better money elsewhere for the same job (I think from some of the rumours Morais might be able to get paid more outside of football). But in many ways it also depends on what the club is paying for as in expenses.

I like Morais, and like many I'd want him to stay but I wouldn't begrudge him leaving for better money especially considering some of the stories I've heard about how much he gets paid.

He won't be a free agent due to the fact that he will be registered with us on Feb 1st. He can technically walk whenever he wants between then and June, but he will be unable to play for anyone else.

It's the registration part that is key here.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

He won't be a free agent due to the fact that he will be registered with us on Feb 1st. He can technically walk whenever he wants between then and June, but he will be unable to play for anyone else.

It's the registration part that is key here.

I am pretty sure that is not correct (but I'm not 100%). We will hold his registration until his contract expires, and if he is released he can move elsewhere. He is on "non-contract" terms, but I am certain there has to be an actual contract in place (maybe one week deals or something).

What can't happen is that he is transferred from us to another club, but he can become a free agent after the window closes and move to another team. If he is released in the middle of Feb and then is out of work for a few weeks I am sure another team is allowed to pick him up.