Simon Corney

For reasons that I cannot go into, supporters will appreciate that things have been much more difficult at the club since Simon Blitz left us.

Simon Corney as the new Chairman, holds our Board of Diretors together well and despite the many difficulties he faces he never walks away from the challenges. He is just as ambitious today as he was when he arrived.

He will not thank me for going public with my thanks because deep down he is quite modest in his dealings with the club and how he tackles the day to day problems.

It would have been very simple this past week not to have been active in the transfer field given our gates at present but the ambitions of the club are in place to support the management team.

Barry

Barry, i applaud the efforts of everyone at the club for having a vision of this team playing at a higher level ie - promotion, i only hope we are not living beyond our means and putting the future of our club at risk now we have no financial backer as such, please don`t take that as a dig it's just a concern !

For reasons that I cannot go into, supporters will appreciate that things have been much more difficult at the club since Simon Blitz left us.

Simon Corney as the new Chairman, holds our Board of Diretors together well and despite the many difficulties he faces he never walks away from the challenges. He is just as ambitious today as he was when he arrived.

He will not thank me for going public with my thanks because deep down he is quite modest in his dealings with the club and how he tackles the day to day problems.

It would have been very simple this past week not to have been active in the transfer field given our gates at present but the ambitions of the club are in place to support the management team.

Barry

Well Done Simon.

Also well done to you Barry, along with every other trust directors and members, along with every making a contribution into playershare helping us pay Evina's wages.

Great show of ambition from the club and the board.

People are so quick to hound them when they make a mistake or decision which goes against their personal opinion.

So now credit goes where credit is due, to SC and to the board. They've backed the manager and the club with these transfers, not just today's but all the others.

We've found a manager who knows what he wants, who has got the team putting 100% in every match, we've got players to mount a surge into the playoffs (although I think we may miss out) but it's such a welcome change from last season where we had no prospects.

So thanks go out to the club, the board, SC, the manager. I don't know where we will finish come May, but I know I don't want to miss a (home) match finding out.

Great show of ambition from the club and the board.

People are so quick to hound them when they make a mistake or decision which goes against their personal opinion.

So now credit goes where credit is due, to SC and to the board. They've backed the manager and the club with these transfers, not just today's but all the others.

We've found a manager who knows what he wants, who has got the team putting 100% in every match, we've got players to mount a surge into the playoffs (although I think we may miss out) but it's such a welcome change from last season where we had no prospects.

So thanks go out to the club, the board, SC, the manager. I don't know where we will finish come May, but I know I don't want to miss a (home) match finding out.

but I know I don't want to miss a (home) match finding out.

good too hear :wink:

knob head I am at times.. :blink:

Edited by downender2

Barry

Indeed. A public show of desire and determination to reverse the decline of many years despite the financial situation being much worse than it has in many a long year.

Thanks to all involved.

:applause1::imnotworthy::applause1:

Rick

PS Get Morais signed now and I'll be happy :wink:

Its been an amazing few days worth of transfer activity which has showed yet again the level of support SC offers OAFC.

One thing is for sure we wont end this season thinking if only we had given it a real go in the transfer window.

A Top 6 finish is looking more realistic by the day.

Thank you yet again.....

Some fantastic financial backing of the manager this year - and probably last (it was hard to tell with dangerous dave doing the purchasing.

I just hope it's promotion, rather than liquidation at the end if the season, and that simon does not let himself get constipated :wink:.

Barry

Good words Bary.

And yes, a big thanks to Simon Corney, who has just got on with the job and backed his manager again, when it would have been easier not to having had his fingers burned so many times before.

would the board have backed penney like they have done with dickov? no chance. shows what a good manager can do with a small budget and a hungry squad.

credit should go to the corney and dickov for finding the right players for the club and creating a good team who want to do well.