Simon Corney

Yes, thanks YET AGAIN Simon and everyone else involved

I said at the beginning of the season it would be "typical Latics" for us to finally go up this season after the other 2 withdrawing their bankrolling of the club

I still think we will, moreso after today :grin:

get Morais signed and hang on to Taylor and we've got to be in with a great chance if Reid is half decent

For reasons that I cannot go into, supporters will appreciate that things have been much more difficult at the club since Simon Blitz left us.

Simon Corney as the new Chairman, holds our Board of Diretors together well and despite the many difficulties he faces he never walks away from the challenges. He is just as ambitious today as he was when he arrived.

He will not thank me for going public with my thanks because deep down he is quite modest in his dealings with the club and how he tackles the day to day problems.

It would have been very simple this past week not to have been active in the transfer field given our gates at present but the ambitions of the club are in place to support the management team.

Barry

Fairs fair, I've been one of the more vociferous detractors of Mr. Corney and TTA overall, but I have to say I am made up with the incomings over the last few days. So well done to all concerned. Now we've pushed the boat out a little I hope we can at least nick a play off spot! Gutted I can't afford to go to Carlisle now!

Fair play Barry - one question, can you clarify the debate thats been going on regarding termination and/or paying up of Holdsworth's & Worthy's contracts please?

Thanks

Don't need figures Barry, just whether you can confirm they have been paid a set amount for the early termination of the contract? :grin:

Fairs fair, I've been one of the more vociferous detractors of Mr. Corney and TTA overall, but I have to say I am made up with the incomings over the last few days. So well done to all concerned. Now we've pushed the boat out a little I hope we can at least nick a play off spot! Gutted I can't afford to go to Carlisle now!

Same, seeing as we're a spending mood maybe a club director could give me some petrol money? :blush:

Worth a try.

Thanks for asking the question. First of all you have to look at the money you may save in salaries if you do not have certain players on board. Some players obtain contracts that other managers would not pay them had they been around at the time.

With regard to termination or cancellation of contracts the starting base is that a player could hang around to be paid weekly until his contract ends. The down side of this for him is that if he is not in the shop window his career is likely to crumble. Hence most players do want to be playing and from a clubs point of view it is far better to save money by agreeing a pay off with the particular player. His contract demands that you need to do this but in every case I have known of, the club is far better off in the long run for all the reasons I have mentioned.

If you have a go ahead owner and board the accumulated savings can then go to sterngthening the squad and that is where the quality of your manager and owner comes into play as to who he want and the wages that can be negotiated.

Some very skillful work has taken place at the club recently and as you will appreciate I am not at liberty to talk specific details. However whilst I cannot confirm that the current comings and goings have balanced the books, I am also aware that there has not been any reckless spending. We cannot afford to do that,nor are there any long term contracts floating about.

Barry

For reasons that I cannot go into, supporters will appreciate that things have been much more difficult at the club since Simon Blitz left us.

Simon Corney as the new Chairman, holds our Board of Diretors together well and despite the many difficulties he faces he never walks away from the challenges. He is just as ambitious today as he was when he arrived.

He will not thank me for going public with my thanks because deep down he is quite modest in his dealings with the club and how he tackles the day to day problems.

It would have been very simple this past week not to have been active in the transfer field given our gates at present but the ambitions of the club are in place to support the management team.

Barry

I couldn't agree more. It must be heartbreaking giving everything you've got to keep the club going, and then seeing how many fans turn up on match day. I don't know if I would keep bothering under the circumstances. If we miss out on automatic promotion, I would love to get revenge on Southampton in the playoff final.

I couldn't agree more. It must be heartbreaking giving everything you've got to keep the club going, and then seeing how many fans turn up on match day. I don't know if I would keep bothering under the circumstances. If we miss out on automatic promotion, I would love to get revenge on Southampton in the playoff final.

that is the kind of story that happens isn't it.

lose 6-0 at home, beat them in the playoff final 4 months later :grin:

Yes, thanks YET AGAIN Simon and everyone else involved

I said at the beginning of the season it would be "typical Latics" for us to finally go up this season after the other 2 withdrawing their bankrolling of the club

I still think we will, moreso after today :grin:

get Morais signed and hang on to Taylor and we've got to be in with a great chance if Reid is half decent

In tune with the vast majority of this board, I applaud the efforts of the club in the past few weeks to retain and bring in quality whilst moving some of the 'legacy' players on.

There is a genuine feeling that this club can push on for a top six place with the players in the squad. If Taylor stays and Morais signs then I believe we have a squad that can take us close.

If we fail then at least it was not for want of trying - also I believe that the way the deals have been structured (4 loanees, a number of short term contracts) means that we can shed a number of players (and wages) and still survive, albeit with a far less talented bunch.

'Ave it! :dance: