Chris Taylor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of Scunthorpe's finances, the extra money from TV in the Chapionship is in excess of £4 million MORE than we receive, then there is the £2 million fee from selling Hooper to Celtic and the compensation from Southampton for Adkins.

Their playing budget will be around £5-6 Million against our £1.5 million so a £100K signing on fee is peanuts.

The figures show what promotion would do for us, even for 1 season.

In terms of Scunthorpe's finances, the extra money from TV in the Chapionship is in excess of £4 million MORE than we receive, then there is the £2 million fee from selling Hooper to Celtic and the compensation from Southampton for Adkins.

Their playing budget will be around £5-6 Million against our £1.5 million so a £100K signing on fee is peanuts.

Plus it's not all that long ago that they sold Sharp and Keogh.

Does the TV money include the £2.2m a season championship clubs now get after the deal between Prem & Football League in the summer?

Also Taylor is joint 5th this season for assists in league one games having a total of 8 assists.. also with 7 goals to his name :grin:

Does the TV money include the £2.2m a season championship clubs now get after the deal between Prem & Football League in the summer?

Also Taylor is joint 5th this season for assists in league one games having a total of 8 assists.. also with 7 goals to his name :grin:

Our TV money including the solidarity payment agreed in the summer is just under £800K. The Championship TV money including the solidarity payment is around £4.8 million hence the £4 million extra I quoted for gaining promotion.

His dad was on our bus to the game yesterday and claimed Scunny had offered him a £100k signing on fee??? I really dont know what to make of that!

Would Taylor’s dad really be chucking his sons personal financial business around on a charabanc?

Would Corney have let him play yesterday if Scunthorpe were even close to what he wanted for him?

On both counts I think its unlikely, but we will soon find out!

Would Taylor’s dad really be chucking his sons personal financial business around on a charabanc?

Would Corney have let him play yesterday if Scunthorpe were even close to what he wanted for him?

On both counts I think its unlikely, but we will soon find out!

I have no reason to lie mate. I am not name dropping, i dont know the guy. He claimed to be Taylors dad and was a regular piss can! Seems like a few on here have verified what I have said is very believable as they obviously have experiences of him in the past!

I have no reason to lie mate. I am not name dropping, i dont know the guy. He claimed to be Taylors dad and was a regular piss can! Seems like a few on here have verified what I have said is very believable as they obviously have experiences of him in the past!

Its not your word I am doubting, its his dads. And you have just explained why it sounds strange. If he is a known rascal, could he be taking the mick?

Its not your word I am doubting, its his dads. And you have just explained why it sounds strange. If he is a known rascal, could he be taking the mick?

I didn't get the impression that he would get anything from piss taking! He was a bit of a miserable get at best. I like you also doubt his word though! I got the impression he doesnt see him much, but thats just a guess. I argued that I didn't think he would leave for Scunny thats when he asked would I do it for £100k?

Course I would, but then I am 40 and hamstring and calfs are a bit tired these days :grin:

It's gotten more interesting now as both Burnley and Blackpool are after him too, Surely he'd have to go if the Tangerines make a decent offer and they'll be able to make one after Charlie Adam goes for good money.

Chris Taylor in the Prem alongside Eardley now that's a good move up for the lad

It's gotten more interesting now as both Burnley and Blackpool are after him too, Surely he'd have to go if the Tangerines make a decent offer and they'll be able to make one after Charlie Adam goes for good money.

Chris Taylor in the Prem alongside Eardley now that's a good move up for the lad

Taylor WILL NOT BE GOING. is taylor good enough for the prem ?

His level would be the championship..... with latics next season :grin:

Taylor WILL NOT BE GOING. is taylor good enough for the prem ?

His level would be the championship..... with latics next season :grin:

If there's a chance of moving to a PREMIERSHIP club then it's a no brainer for Taylor to stay at Latics, Scunny's a different matter as they're on the way down and he'd be no better off

£750k mentioned as Burnley look for him to replace Eagles who may be off to Everton.

*taps nose*