Just fetured on Skysports transfer watch

Here is more on the story that Manchester City are believed to have spurned a shock enquiry from Liverpool for Micah Richards. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6714964,00.html

Becoming more and more a case of when not if - he'll be gone by August. Two bids turned down in the last week from Liverpool and Juventus and not Mancini's first-choice...

Becoming more and more a case of when not if - he'll be gone by August. Two bids turned down in the last week from Liverpool and Juventus and not Mancini's first-choice...

Exactly.

It's also worth noting that we are talking 20% of the Richards fee, which if he goes for £20 million means we get £4 million as a 1 off fee. However promotion this year will be worth between an extra £4 and £5 million next season with £4 million of that coming from increased TV income alone.

Promotion and Richards going is mind boggling for a club like us.

Exactly.

It's also worth noting that we are talking 20% of the Richards fee, which if he goes for £20 million means we get £4 million as a 1 off fee. However promotion this year will be worth between an extra £4 and £5 million next season with £4 million of that coming from increased TV income alone.

Promotion and Richards going is mind boggling for a club like us.

Calm down H! If ever I've seen a better example of two in the bush I can't remember it!

If City agree to the payment in dribs and drabs then that's what we'll get.

I reckon that would be Ok with Latics though, it's not like we need a lump sum to pay off any tax demands etc,

If we're desperate for a lump sum I suppose we could do a deal with City for less than the 20% but in one payment.

Edited by laticsrblue

Calm down H! If ever I've seen a better example of two in the bush I can't remember it!

lol. It's 1 of those situations where both, one or none could happen. With our luck over the last 15 years it will probably be the latter, but our luck has to change at some point and PD has really turned it round this season and this window has really seen him change things round for the better.

When you look at our squad for the last game of last season and then look at it now, we are clearly much much stronger.

If City agree to the payment in dribs and drabs then that's what we'll get.

I reckon that would be Ok with Latics though, it's not like we need a lump sum to pay off any tax demands etc,

If we're desperate for a lump sum I suppose we could do a deal with City for less than the 20% but in one payment.

To be honest if it was 4 £1million payments over 4 years then that would pay off our losses and allow us to remian competitive in this division you would be hard pushed to complain about that kind of security for a club like us.

Edited by GlossopLatic